PDA

View Full Version : why not a running game......

SteelerAllDay
09-22-2009, 10:14 AM
Those flashes of Mendy on Sunday were great. We now need consistency. Its easy to forget that this is Mendy's rookie season. Out all last season, he needs to get used speed and pace of real game action. I also think that he should start the games and Parker change of pace. Menenhall is better inside runner. Once you get that going and D is a little tired, bring in Parker with his speed.

Line looked good this week, especially when Kemo is not falling down and TE are staying on their guys. They will continue to get better next week. Bungles are going to be feeling pretty good about themselves and are going to get a very pissed off Steeler crew.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-22-2009, 10:20 AM
Mendenhall needs a steady diet of carries every week. This business of putting him in for a few plays and then yanking him for a quarter is just pointless, how in the hell is he ever supposed to get better? Use Parker to spell Mendenhall and lets get this kid more involved in the game now! The team already knows what Parker can do (all be it not much recently), so let's get our #1 draft pick in the mix and see what we got in him and stop messing around!

Silverback 92
09-22-2009, 10:35 AM
simple statement applies here (produce or parrish )either contribute or leave simple

Callax
09-22-2009, 10:53 AM
Does anyone think that aParker will or will not be re-signed for next year...
I think Mendy did look good and hope he can help improve our run game
3 carries does nothing!!!!
that is what a fullback gets a game... not a 1st round pick.

BlackGold4vr
09-22-2009, 12:20 PM
What I love most about Fast Willie is the way he can go 20 carries for 12 yards and then on that 21st carry he busts one for 11 yards and walks back to the huddle with his famous head shaking like he just did something special. God, I love that! Makes me wanna just shoot him in the head with a potatoe gun! :lol:

LarryNJ
09-22-2009, 12:57 PM
What I love most about Fast Willie is the way he can go 20 carries for 12 yards and then on that 21st carry he busts one for 11 yards and walks back to the huddle with his famous head shaking like he just did something special. God, I love that! Makes me wanna just shoot him in the head with a potatoe gun! :lol:

I hear ya...the attitude many of today's athletes have simply drives me crazy.

I think Parker is finished, done, history! The RB is one position that is for the young guys. Rookies can step right in and be good. I agree with others who said Parker should be giving Mendy a break. I hope we start that this week.

Big T
09-22-2009, 01:14 PM
Mendy won't start. The coaching staff already said 2 possessions for Willie, then 1 for Mendy and they will spell each other if one gets tired. I'm not saying Mendy won't get more carries as the season goes on (most likely and hopefully he will) but for now, that's how it is.

KemoTherapy
09-22-2009, 01:29 PM
I'm thinking that Parker will not be with the team next year. He's going to want a lot gmore money than he's worth at this point in his career. He's too fraqile anyhow and is always hurt.

Iron City South
09-22-2009, 04:24 PM
Mendenhall needs a steady diet of carries every week. This business of putting him in for a few plays and then yanking him for a quarter is just pointless, how in the hell is he ever supposed to get better? Use Parker to spell Mendenhall and lets get this kid more involved in the game now! The team already knows what Parker can do (all be it not much recently), so let's get our #1 draft pick in the mix and see what we got in him and stop messing around!

Arians is showing no commitment to the run, that's the offensive problem in a nutshell.

It makes no sense to abandon the run after proving to be successful at it. That's the time you're supposed to just keep hammering the rock and make the defense loose its dignity.

Mendenhall should be the featured back getting the bulk of the work.
Moore is locked in as our 3rd down and spread package back.
Parker needs to be the fresh wheels that serve as the relief to Mendenhall.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-22-2009, 04:24 PM
Tomlin has had to rely on Parker since he got here and Cowher before that but now we have a viable replacement who should be in there getting the carries. Running back by committee only works when you have 2 good RB's. Right now we don't have either so pick one already. Hopefully as the year goes on they will see that Rashard is the future here and get him the carries.

I understand it's a tough position to be in with Parker but you drafted Mendenhall for a reason, now use him! The dude is basically still a rookie and rookies get better with experience, not bench time.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-22-2009, 04:27 PM
No commitment to the run is an understatement, I get the whole passing thing now but still, like we've talked about before...until this team gets an identity on offense and decides what it wants to do we're going to go through this. If you're gonna run then run, if you're gonna pass then pass, if you're gonna mix one to set up the other then so be it but right now I don't know what we are.

I like to think we're a pass team that sets up the run that way but even when we do it the run goes nowhere with any consistency so we're a passing team right? or maybe a passing team that wants to run but can't or :bonk:

75Steeler
09-22-2009, 09:36 PM
:6smile:I totally agree that Mendenhall needs to be on the field not on the bench. I think it is too early to seal Willie's fate with the team. I hope they resign Ryan Clark and a few other key players who are up next year.

Tr305
09-23-2009, 03:00 PM
If we let go of parker I see him go somewhere else in produce

lloydfan4life
09-23-2009, 03:53 PM

:iagree: :evilshake:

steelers4life66
09-23-2009, 07:06 PM
Does anyone think that aParker will or will not be re-signed for next year...
I think Mendy did look good and hope he can help improve our run game
3 carries does nothing!!!!
that is what a fullback gets a game... not a 1st round pick.

I for one think it's Parkers last year. Been saying it 4 awhile.

Iron City South
09-24-2009, 09:19 PM
It's an absolute disgrace that we're in empty backfield sets in 3rd and 1 and 3rd and 2 situations ....

I fault Airans for that.