PDA

View Full Version : Just wondering where Ike Taylor's balls were yesterday????

TampaSteelGirl
09-21-2009, 01:36 PM
I"m sorry but there were 2 INT's that Ike should have had....ok perhaps just the 2nd one! He just let that ball drop at his feet on the 2nd one for sure! He's got no balls what so ever!!! If this were Troy he would have dove for it and picked it up! Ike needs to get some balls and allow himself to get his uniform dirty!! I saw Hester wide open a few times a well....Any thoughts??

DanRooney
09-21-2009, 02:21 PM
Thoughts are William Gay was worse.

Big T
09-21-2009, 02:39 PM
William Gay was definitely worse

KRAZYRIDE
09-21-2009, 02:41 PM
I still kinda wished we draft Darrell Revis and i think we we're too but he got snagged right before us. Tomlin has a really good DB backround and it got so much better since he's been here. Ike Taylor can't catch **** i think he just stop trying so it doesn't look like he misses them

Troyisabeast_43
09-21-2009, 02:54 PM
The play of William Gay these first two weeks has definitely been a major dissapointment in the secondary. He has been giving up a lot of big pass plays and a lot of yards after the catch it seems. His play MUST pick up here especially with Troy being out for another month or so...

Black@Gold Forever32
09-21-2009, 06:07 PM
I have more concerns with Harrison and Woodley right now....It doesn't matter who is covering when opposing QB's are comfortable in the pocket.....I know James forced the fumble late in the game but I'm sorry he needs to pick up his play right now......Seems a bit content with his new phat contract and ring.........I just havn't seen the same desire in this team the first two weeks......(especially yesterday)......They seem alittle to content for me...Hopefully this loss is a wakeup call.......

Troyisabeast_43
09-21-2009, 06:20 PM
I have more concerns with Harrison and Woodley right now....It doesn't matter who is covering when opposing QB's are comfortable in the pocket.....I know James forced the fumble late in the game but I'm sorry he needs to pick up his play right now......Seems a bit content with his new phat contract and ring.........I just havn't seen the same desire in this team the first two weeks......(especially yesterday)......They seem alittle to content for me...Hopefully this loss is a wakeup call.......

I dont know if it's desire 32 but yesterday's effort by the D looked very 2007ish to me where they just let teams continually drive down the field on them especially at the end of the game to win it. The Steelers that year as well were without Troy for a lot of that season. The Steelers have got to correct this short yardage situation and play calling especially in the red zone. Another example from yesterday was when they were driving up 14-7 before the Reed miss they are throwing the ball well to get down the field and then they run the ball on 2nd down with Parker lose 3 yards and then Ben takes the sack on 3rd down which makes the FG longer in which Reed missed. It just seems that the playcalling with Arians or whoever gets completely clueless whenever they get inside the 20 yard line at times.

Now the offense did run the ball better yesterday but they still need to do a better job converting those situations in the red zone. I also have a big problem with as I mentioned before in another thread with Mike Tomlin waiting until 1:12 left as opposed to 1:50 left after the Hester first down to use both of his timeouts. I just dont get what he was doing or thinking there at all it's pretty much like he gave up and conceeded the game. Now I know Logan fumbled on the kickoff after the Gould FG,but Tomlin pretty much just wasted 30-40 seconds by not calling timeout at 1:50 which would have given them the ball back with about 35-40 seconds left instead of 15-20 where Logan fumbled it was just pure dumb clock management by Tomlin there is no other way to say it...

Black@Gold Forever32
09-21-2009, 06:40 PM
I dont know if it's desire 32 but yesterday's effort by the D looked very 2007ish to me where they just let teams continually drive down the field on them especially at the end of the game to win it. The Steelers that year as well were without Troy for a lot of that season. The Steelers have got to correct this short yardage situation and play calling especially in the red zone. Another example from yesterday was when they were driving up 14-7 before the Reed miss they are throwing the ball well to get down the field and then they run the ball on 2nd down with Parker lose 3 yards and then Ben takes the sack on 3rd down which makes the FG longer in which Reed missed. It just seems that the playcalling with Arians or whoever gets completely clueless whenever they get inside the 20 yard line at times.

Now the offense did run the ball better yesterday but they still need to do a better job converting those situations in the red zone. I also have a big problem with as I mentioned before in another thread with Mike Tomlin waiting until 1:12 left as opposed to 1:50 left after the Hester first down to use both of his timeouts. I just dont get what he was doing or thinking there at all it's pretty much like he gave up and conceeded the game. Now I know Logan fumbled on the kickoff after the Gould FG,but Tomlin pretty much just wasted 30-40 seconds by not calling timeout at 1:50 which would have given them the ball back with about 35-40 seconds left instead of 15-20 where Logan fumbled it was just pure dumb clock management by Tomlin there is no other way to say it...

I don't know if its desire yet or not....I'm just hoping this isn't a repeat of 2006 when the Steelers did look content for the first half of that season and their record showed at 2-6.....The Steelers did finish 6-2 that year......I just know success can make a team to content with just hey we're the champs and we just have to show up to win type mentality.......

About the loss yesterday.....Yea Reed missed two field goals and Holmes dropped some balls.....But Ben was highly inaccurate after starting the game on fire which happens at times....I'm not faulting Ben at since the man is human.....The blame shouldn't be placed on just one guy is my point.....

You mentioned that play were Ben took the sack...Another point to make there as well is Miller was wide open on that play and probably could have scored a TD but Ben pumped which allowed the Bears defender time to get him....Ben just didn't seem right after his hot start......

I'm not bitching about the game either....Two Super Bowls in four years so I'm all good really....Just alittle disappointed with the outcome yesterday....A ton of time to correct the mistakes.....I just hope 2009 doesn't become 2006......

The Bengals game is so huge right now.......I hope the offense comes out on fire and puts up 28-30 points.....If the offense can do that then I think the Bengals have no chance.......

Troyisabeast_43
09-21-2009, 07:32 PM
I don't know if its desire yet or not....I'm just hoping this isn't a repeat of 2006 when the Steelers did look content for the first half of that season and their record showed at 2-6.....The Steelers did finish 6-2 that year......I just know success can make a team to content with just hey we're the champs and we just have to show up to win type mentality.......

About the loss yesterday.....Yea Reed missed two field goals and Holmes dropped some balls.....But Ben was highly inaccurate after starting the game on fire which happens at times....I'm not faulting Ben at since the man is human.....The blame shouldn't be placed on just one guy is my point.....

You mentioned that play were Ben took the sack...Another point to make there as well is Miller was wide open on that play and probably could have scored a TD but Ben pumped which allowed the Bears defender time to get him....Ben just didn't seem right after his hot start......

I'm not bitching about the game either....Two Super Bowls in four years so I'm all good really....Just alittle disappointed with the outcome yesterday....A ton of time to correct the mistakes.....I just hope 2009 doesn't become 2006......

The Bengals game is so huge right now.......I hope the offense comes out on fire and puts up 28-30 points.....If the offense can do that then I think the Bengals have no chance.......

I agree with you it definitely is a huge game as Ive pointed out. The Bengals are going to be fired up for this game coming off a big win and they know that with a win they can put the Steelers in a huge hole at 1-2. Ive heard a lot of talk and radio shows today on ESPN and NFL Network saying that the Ravens are now the team to beat not only in the AFC North but the entire AFC. I think that's completely ridiculous to make that statement 2 weeks into the season. The Ravens might be 2-0 but beating the Chiefs and the Chargers who were a little banged up yesterday and very overrated is not enough to crown them as kings of the AFC just yet. Joe Flacco is 0-3 against the Steelers and until he puts a crooked number in that left handed column in terms of beating the Steelers I wont be sold on him or the Ravens team as a whole. The Ravens might be on top of the division now but they will still have to deal with the Steelers when all is said and done. The Steelers will catch up and the Ravens will have their weeks when they lose and the Steelers win much like the Ravens had their week yesterday when they won and the Steelers lost.

BlacknGold Bleeder
09-21-2009, 10:39 PM
If Ike could catch he would be a WR,lol...he has always dropped or missed make-able INTs !! That why he a DB he gets to the ball and makes it hit the ground,lol. I'm a bit concerned with the lack of sacks as a whole. Harrison is getting close and forcing the play but Woodley is playing a little sub par not hearing his name called enough... 2 sacks after 2 games ,not exactly what I would expect out of this defense...

BlitzburghRockCity
09-22-2009, 08:36 AM
I'm not ready to call this team content just yet, however I do feel that they had a wake up call yesterday in Chicago. Regardless of how or why it happened this team knows they can't afford to go down 2 games in the division even this early on.

Gay is going to need some time to adjust to a starting role where's he's got to cover his guy every play whereas last year he was a backup and would come in now and then mainly covering the 3rd or 4th WR so his active role wasn't near as important as it is now. I think he'll be ok but it is an adjustment period for him right now so we'll have to live with the growing pains. Remember too he doesn't have Troy out there running around like crazy helping out the secondary so that also factors in a little bit.

Callax
09-22-2009, 10:16 AM
Ike's hands have never been known as "sticky"
speed and size is his game, not ballhawking skills.....
Gay did not look good and I thought he would be very good this year being his third year and first as a full time starter.
Maybe Townsend shoulg be put back as the #2 CB, maybe GAY is better as a #3 coming off the bench..
turnovers are needed by Defense, sacks by LB and DL,
AND LESS MISSED TACKLES!!!
FARRIOR should have had a sack but wiffed on getting Cutler and cutler is no vick in quickness or speed!

TampaSteelGirl
09-22-2009, 12:34 PM
Wait...what happened to Deshea??