PDA

View Full Version : Winning games require Offence, not just Defence

Captcoolhand
09-21-2009, 12:01 PM
We all heard it before that DEF wins games but how long are we going to go with a Off. that can't score more than 10-14 pts a game?

We blame O-line, No running game, Missed kicks and what have ya, but the team needs to put up points if they think they are going to even have a shot at winning the division this year.

I was looking at Ravens schedule and Bengals their's. Both no tougher then ours, but the 1 thing different is they can put up points when it counts and we can't.

I'm just not looking foward to how this year may pan out..
Cincy can be the worse but always showed up to play us. Ravens has our # and the clowns are still looking to dance circles around us. But until we can balance this team and show we can put up points, We're going the be our worst enemy. :2cents:

KemoTherapy
09-21-2009, 12:33 PM
Same thing's been going on for years. As the defence ages I think it's only going to become more important for the offence to kill some clock and give the D some rest. That's the flaw behind the "I don't care if they can run" and "we've become a pass oriented offence" thinking.

TampaSteelGirl
09-21-2009, 01:02 PM
Well personally I think the offense looked good this game except for the few Santonio missed but a couple of them were pretty wild throws by Ben. The O line allowed our running game to flourish so to me the offense looked much better than the Defense. It's only the 2nd game of the season, after I have cooled off today, we will be ok next game. I"m sure Jeff won't let that happen again, he's money and we'll see that next week again! :yellowthumb:

SteelCityKid5
09-21-2009, 08:55 PM
only week 2, I have a feeling this offense will get moving from 13 points ...14 points...24? haha who knows, they did score more! I know what you're saying but I still wouldn't worry till about ehhhh week 10? Also DONT be surprised if this game is close because its a divisional game and theyre out to beat us for sweeping them last year so once again go out to the store and pick up some Bayer cause you might need it this week! (I hope not though)

SteelerSal
09-21-2009, 09:03 PM
There is absolutely no reason, with the talent on offense, that this team should not put up the same #'s as the Saints in yards and points.
Arians needs to take a few steps back and give Ben full control of the offense.
Ben is the master of the no huddle offense and it was advertised all week leading up to the game only it missed the flight to Chicago!?!?!

BlacknGold Bleeder
09-21-2009, 10:21 PM
The offense showed signs of life ,but still has a long way to go.The D looks... well I dunno where its at. I never would have thought we would give up a 97 yard TD drive, and let a team drive down the field with the game on the line, that is not what I'm used too. I ain't giving up on them, it probably just a bump on the road and hopefully not indicative of whats in store for us this season....

Captcoolhand
09-22-2009, 08:37 AM
There is absolutely no reason, with the talent on offense, that this team should not put up the same #'s as the Saints in yards and points.

I have to kinda disagree with you on this statement. We don't nearly have the O-Line that the Saints have for Ben to put up huge numbers. Ya, we have the talent in Recievers and all but did you watch any of the Saints games yet this season? Drew Brees has all the time in the world both in the pocket or out, to find an open man and Ben just doest have that.:2cents: