PDA

View Full Version : Tyrone Carter is not the answer.....

Captcoolhand
09-20-2009, 09:07 PM
For what i seen of the game, Carter is definitely the weakest link on our D with Troy out. :duh:The dude gave up 2 easy *** touchdowns. :cursin:

Tyrone Carter; http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-char020.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

steelersforever1983
09-20-2009, 09:30 PM
agreed. we need troy back asap. **** dallas. they're stroking it about this stadium hope the giants beat the **** out of them.

Ibleedblk&gld
09-20-2009, 09:45 PM
i agree...and gay gave up some big yardage

ike missed an interception that dropped right in front of him....max starks gave up 2 major blocks

mendy and FWP played great tonight

HUNT4SEVEN
09-20-2009, 09:51 PM
carter, Gay an Reed was what was wrong with us today!

Ibleedblk&gld
09-20-2009, 09:53 PM
ultimately...reed's 2 missed FG's is what killed us

blackngold29
09-20-2009, 10:41 PM
carter, Gay an Reed was what was wrong with us today!

And Parker and the offense's inability to utilize Wallace...

Zachintosh66
09-20-2009, 11:00 PM
I said this last week...

tuggysteel822
09-21-2009, 02:47 AM
Yeah. Reed missed two FG's which never happens. That was the difference. He turned down that contract the team offered him and that's a way to prove your worth. Lol

NCSteeler
09-21-2009, 04:37 AM
Don't think Gay played bad. He's a young guy who is seeing a ton of action because of Ike. Carter I can live without. I would rather see Ratliff get first team reps the week. Reed, WTF dude is usually money and I'm not gonna even blame the field conditions, hell he kicks on the the worst surface in the NFL. He'll bounce back, especially if he wants a new deal.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-21-2009, 10:04 AM
Carter did make a few good plays where he closed in to make the tackle and showed good speed. We all knew there was going to be a drop off, Ty has been on the team for years now and we all know when he's in the game it's a monster drop off from when Troy is in there so it's something we have to work through because it's not going away for atleast a few weeks yet till Troy gets back.

Callax
09-21-2009, 10:49 AM
You do not easily replace a player like Troy who seems to have uncanny instincts about the game
Carter made a wicked hit on Olsen (loved it!!)
Team will rebound and play better against an old rival: Bungles!!!

greennick
09-21-2009, 11:35 AM
Troy would have been good in that game. Though as far as safeties go, Carter is a pretty good back-up. Sure Troy would have done better because his anticipation is so damn good, but Carter can't just be blamed. Where were the corners on those plays? Where was the pressure on Cutler? Everyone needs to do their part.

Can't wait till Troy gets back...

yinzer
09-21-2009, 01:12 PM
Cutler attacked Carter all friggin night. Carter couldn't cover Bea Arthur and she's dead. But, it's up to Lebeau to figure out how to compensate. When we blitzed the LB's, it took them out of coverage and put Carter on an island.

This could be a problem with the Bungles.

KemoTherapy
09-21-2009, 01:36 PM
Well at least Troy will be back sooner or later.

JensK
09-21-2009, 01:38 PM
Mundy was hurt comming into this game, and the hamstering got even worse on the hit on Olsen... He even said after the game, that there was no way he could match up 1 on 1 with knox, which is what happened all the time. They should have played Mundy imo...

Blazedby92
09-21-2009, 03:21 PM
15 people on this thread talked about everyone that messed up that game except the one person that could have helped out even more than gay or reed and that is the 3 HUGE drops by Holmes.

Troyisabeast_43
09-21-2009, 04:01 PM
15 people on this thread talked about everyone that messed up that game except the one person that could have helped out even more than gay or reed and that is the 3 HUGE drops by Holmes.

After what Santanio Holmes did in the Super Bowl on that last drive Im going to give Santanio a couple of drops. Getting back to Carter the TD he gave up to Knox late in the 4th which tied the game was absolutely horrible. The ball Cutler threw was a floater that hung up forever and like always Tyrone Carter is always a step too freakin late with the ball. There is no way that pass is completed if Troy is playing seeing how fast he closes on the ball. But there is really nothing the Steelers can do at this point they just need to continue to try to do the best they can with guys like Carter and Mundy and so forth until Troy comes back. Not having Troy yesterday on defense really hurt the Steelers a lot. Hopefully this isnt reoccuring theme until he comes back...

Ambridge
09-21-2009, 06:40 PM
Yeah...Tyrone Carter is a HUGE talent drop-off from Troy and I swear there are times it looks like Ike Taylor just goes to sleep on the field.
That game was a Pitiful effort on both sides of the ball.
Look for Carson Palmer to scorch the Steeler secondary next Sunday.

BR7
09-21-2009, 06:58 PM
Ike didn't even attempt to make a play on the two balls that landed by his feet.. WTF was that about?

SteelCityKid5
09-21-2009, 09:50 PM
I don't necessarily hate Ike but, he bitches about not making the Pro Bowl when he half ***' it most of the time. He still can make plays and I think he's a good corner but, I dont know.. I guess quit the **** with the personal fouls too... THAT is getting on my nerves

Danger DANJ
09-22-2009, 02:25 AM
After that big hit on Olsen, when Carter got hurt, he should have stayed out. His leg injury was slowing him down after that. Also, if you give a QB enough time to throw, eventually someone will get open. Steelers D needs to apply pressure on the QB faster. Don't know what's going on with them.

Iron City South
09-22-2009, 07:40 AM
Carter is who he is. Is he Troy? .... No, but nobody is. Carter does his own thing and it has served him well for years. We have done well with Carter starting (6-2). The guy hits like a Mack truck and you can clearly see he played injured after his violent collision with Olsen.

This defense has a lot more issues going on with it than just Carter right now. I'm more concerned as to why our LB'ing unit isn't getting pressure/sacks. This group is really the straw that stirs the drink in a 34 defense.

Zachintosh66
09-22-2009, 01:17 PM
Steelers S Tyrone Carter injured his thigh and it tightened up during the game. He said that's the reason he was unable to cover Bears WR Johnny Knox on the tying TD. Making it worse, Carter never told the staff about his injury.

If De'shea or Ratliff dont get any reps this week in practice @ S... they never will.

yinzer
09-23-2009, 02:02 PM
Steelers S Tyrone Carter injured his thigh and it tightened up during the game. He said that's the reason he was unable to cover Bears WR Johnny Knox on the tying TD. Making it worse, Carter never told the staff about his injury.

If De'shea or Ratliff dont get any reps this week in practice @ S... they never will.

carter is a liability in coverage even when he's 100%