PDA

View Full Version : Defense can't do it alone, but it feels like they have too

BlitzburghRockCity
09-20-2009, 08:54 PM
Man where was the defense in the 2nd half today? I mean yeah they held the opponent to under 20 points which is always good and in theory that should be enough but not today.

This defense allowed long drives that resulted in points that you just don't normally see. Was it the loss of Troy? Was it just not their day? Were they overconfident? Whatever it was the offense didn't do enough, Reed was a disaster today and even with all our playmakers you just didn't get the feel that they were on the verge of saving the day again today.

Big T
09-20-2009, 09:00 PM
F*ck Jeff Reed

Captcoolhand
09-20-2009, 09:03 PM
F*ck Jeff Reed
Nope! I don't think you blame Reed...........

Big T
09-20-2009, 09:18 PM
Nope! I don't think you blame Reed...........

Nope! Jeff Reed had an INCREDIBLE game. He was money. He sure as hell didn't cost us 6 points.

He had 1 very bad game and it cost us, but he's also bailed us out on many occasions. Im pissed now, but i will get over it.

Sir Blitzelot
09-20-2009, 09:22 PM
F*ck Jeff Reed

Wasn't funny the first time you said it.

Big T
09-20-2009, 09:24 PM
Wasn't funny the first time you said it.

Who was trying to be funny? Because I know I wasn't

Sir Blitzelot
09-20-2009, 09:27 PM
You posted it in 3 different threads man, we get it.

steelersgal86
09-20-2009, 09:28 PM
F*ck Jeff Reed

are you my brother??? :rofl:

Big T
09-20-2009, 09:32 PM
You posted it in 3 different threads man, we get it.

I got you. Im just getting my point across

--- Added 9/20/2009 at 07:32 PM ---

are you my brother??? :rofl:

Haha...I don't think so???

steelersgal86
09-20-2009, 09:33 PM
Haha...I don't think so???

well you sure do sound like him :grin1:

Black@Gold Forever32
09-20-2009, 09:57 PM
Holmes did drop a TD in the endzone right before Reed's second miss.....So Reed wasn't the only one who messed up today.....The Steelers just didn't seem in sync today......Better correct it quick or the Bengals might just upset us........Bengals won a tough game in Green Bay today and really should be 2-0........

The Steelers loss today reminded me of the Philly game last year......Ton of football left so no time to panic.....But damn I never seen Skippy buckle like that today......tough loss to swallow and hey at least most of you don't live in Bears country like I do....I will be going through hell tomorrow...lol But I just have to remind these idiots that the Steelers are still the champs....lol

blackngold29
09-20-2009, 10:46 PM
It really does seem like the D is depended on a lot, so it doesn't seem right when we hate on them like this. There were a few missed tackles -- only 1 sack I think -- and a missed sack by Farrior, which got turned into a completion. That being said, the D is far and away the stronger half of this team. Kiesel Diesel, Farrior, and Harrison all played very well.

SteelCityKid5
09-20-2009, 10:54 PM
people people people... its one damn game. Calm dahn! Yes its stings a little bit. And yeah youll probably see it on ESPN and every sports network but theres still 14 games to go! I would rather be 1-1 than 0-2. Plus this is a good wake up call, id rather lose games early than I would late in the season. The steelers will regroup

steel-tex
09-20-2009, 11:22 PM
i get pissed when we lose to a team we should beat, remember gregg loyd - 60 minute men --- this bunch should take note --- dont count on the last drive. whats up with jeff - he is usually money-- cant bitch about him to much - d is different without troy - offence needs to pick it up some and complete drives - help out the defence- well i will be wearin the black armband this week -- we blew this one -

STEELER 4 LIFE
09-21-2009, 03:08 AM
This loss does sting! but if you look at the big picture it doesn't mean a whole lot, with the bears being in the nfc. I was hoping the absence of troy could be covered up more but he is one of the best defensive players in the nfl. we are just not getting to the qb. I guess i got spoiled last year by the play of harrison & woodley. Every week it seemed they were making game changing plays, our blitzing doesn't seem all that effective. We have to have other players step up while troy is gone!

Dean Denton
09-21-2009, 04:13 AM
F*ck Jeff Reed.....He's paid to make FG...That's it!!!! The Bears hit one from 44 yards to win the game, so whats Skippy's excuse???? He choked.

cmerrifield
09-21-2009, 08:47 AM
Since when does a Steeler D have 2 sacks total in two games, and Timmons is till not 100%, so that is part of the D's pass defense problems. I realize this is just one game and doesnt mean a lot, but what worries me is Harrison or Woodley still dont have a sack this season

steelcitysfinestXL
09-21-2009, 10:29 AM
Since when does a Steeler D have 2 sacks total in two games, and Timmons is till not 100%, so that is part of the D's pass defense problems. I realize this is just one game and doesnt mean a lot, but what worries me is Harrison or Woodley still dont have a sack this season

Meh, they got a ton of pressure though... the plays are there!!! I agree with all that say "No Big Deal!" Its week two, we played a desparate NFC team on the road. We ran the ball better, we pass/run blocked better. Its a matter of putting point on the board and executing on offense, holding opponents when it REALLY matters on Defense and executing in all phases of speacial teams. That didnt happen and we shouldnt expect a win because of it!

The worst thing about yesterday: Baltimore won again in a VERY tough game! We lost in a very un-steeler fashion! Mental Mistakes! Tomlin shouldnt have a problem lighting a fire under the asses of this team this week!!!!

Callax
09-21-2009, 10:37 AM
Reed is human
He is allowed to make A mistake
people and players hope that he doesn't make 2 in a game especially back to back kicks
We will use this game to focus and get better
get well fast troy, we need you back soon !!!!

floodcitygirl
09-21-2009, 10:56 AM
I couldn't read thru this whole thread so excuse me if this has already been said. I know Ben thru that interception after he was bumped but I was so impressed with him yesterday. I was watching the game with Bengal fans (hey...I live in Cincy) and even they have to admit that he is pretty amazing. The guy not only has a great arm but endures thru hard hits, tackles when he needs to, runs the ball in when he can, just does whatever he thinks needs to be done. It makes me crazy the way he hangs on to the ball. You know he's gonna take more sacks. But, you don't find many quarterbacks with that kind of backbone. It wasn't enough for this game but he gave it everything he had. Sure wish Reed could have helped out. :2cents:

Troyisabeast_43
09-21-2009, 03:12 PM
Holmes did drop a TD in the endzone right before Reed's second miss.....So Reed wasn't the only one who messed up today.....The Steelers just didn't seem in sync today......Better correct it quick or the Bengals might just upset us........Bengals won a tough game in Green Bay today and really should be 2-0........

The Steelers loss today reminded me of the Philly game last year......Ton of football left so no time to panic.....But damn I never seen Skippy buckle like that today......tough loss to swallow and hey at least most of you don't live in Bears country like I do....I will be going through hell tomorrow...lol But I just have to remind these idiots that the Steelers are still the champs....lol

I just got back from the game in Chicago this morning and being there it was a tough pill to swallow knowing that the Steelers had the game and just let one get away. I didnt care for a lot of things late in the game. I thought the Steelers should have just kept using clock on that last drive before the Reed miss instead of going for the homerun that Holmes couldnt come up with in the end zone. Plus, even though Logan did fumble in the end I wanna know why Mike Tomlin let about 30-40 seconds run off there at the end before using one of their 2 timeouts at the end with over a minute left. It was poor clock management I thought on Tomlin's part. All in all yesterday was just not the Steelers day especially defensively. They just didnt have the magic to close the game out like they did so many times last season. Like a few people said it's only one loss an a non conference loss as well so definitely no time to panic just yet...