PDA

View Full Version : Since when does Reed miss 2 FG's?

BlitzburghRockCity
09-20-2009, 07:37 PM
I mean really, I know it was rainy and all during the game but this guy has kicked in snow, rain, every element imaginable and plus he kicks at Heinz all the time but today was just not his day and in the end we really needed those points.

Captcoolhand
09-20-2009, 07:52 PM
His thighs are to big man! He couldn't get one leg past the other.........:cursin:

I say fire him now, off with his head. 1 bad game and he's not worth ****.......:D

RIVERS OF STEEL
09-20-2009, 07:55 PM
A very sloppy game to say the least. reed 2 misses. not good. even the mighty fail sometime. hope it is not a trend.

Moondog
09-20-2009, 07:56 PM
It's a bummer, definitely a game the Steelers could have won. Hopefully Reed doesn't get psychologically jacked because of those misses. I'm thinking he'll be alright though, get the crap out of his system early.

Big T
09-20-2009, 07:56 PM
F*ck Jeff Reed

beaver688
09-20-2009, 08:03 PM
F*ck Jeff Reed

Great stiller fans loose one game and fire them all what the hell.

Big T
09-20-2009, 08:13 PM
Who's firing him? Im just mad as hell that he didnt do his job, what he is paid to do, tonight. Im not like some who say get rid of him now because of one bad game. Jeff is still a good kicker who had an awful night.

Captcoolhand
09-20-2009, 08:21 PM
Who's firing him? Im just mad as hell that he didnt do his job, what he is paid to do, tonight. Im not like some who say get rid of him now because of one bad game. Jeff is still a good kicker who had an awful night.

Great stiller fans loose one game and fire them all what the hell.I was just being sarcastic, figured I would say some before someone else came on and did....:lol:

steelersgal86
09-20-2009, 08:23 PM
His thighs are to big man! He couldn't get one leg past the other.........:cursin:

I say fire him now, off with his head. 1 bad game and he's not worth ****.......:D

:banging::banging:omg...that is what my brother was saying...and I let him have it...:cope:

Captcoolhand
09-20-2009, 08:28 PM
:banging::banging:omg...that is what my brother was saying...and I let him have it...:cope:
that should only tell ya that 2 people can't be wrong! :nahnah:

steelersgal86
09-20-2009, 08:29 PM
that should only tell ya that 2 people can't be wrong! :nahnah:

:duh: it was my brother Kerry....trust me he is always wrong :rofl:

DanRooney
09-20-2009, 08:56 PM
Reed has been looking very average as of late...He had that miss in the preseason, and his first kick in the Titans game was ugly. Maybe the contract negotiations getting to his head?

blackngold29
09-20-2009, 09:28 PM
Obviously he should've made them, but had he made the first one it could've changed the whole course of the game after that. My biggest blame goes to Ben launching up a 35 yard TD attempt on a 3rd and 2 with more than enough time for a dump off, if nothing else it would've made the FG attempt shorter.

Black@Gold Forever32
09-20-2009, 09:33 PM
Obviously he should've made them, but had he made the first one it could've changed the whole course of the game after that. My biggest blame goes to Ben launching up a 35 yard TD attempt on a 3rd and 2 with more than enough time for a dump off, if nothing else it would've made the FG attempt shorter.

yea going for the home run ball instead of the first stupid isn't the smartest thing to do....But Holmes did have his hands on that ball and needs to make that catch......The Steelers lost today as a team really and the blame isn't on just one player......

blackngold29
09-20-2009, 09:39 PM
yea going for the home run ball instead of the first stupid isn't the smartest thing to do....But Holmes did have his hands on that ball and needs to make that catch......The Steelers lost today as a team really and the blame isn't on just one player......

I didn't think he got his hands on it, the defender made a good play on it. Although he wasn't looking at the ball, so he's lucky there was no contact.

Big T
09-20-2009, 10:01 PM
the defender cut off his vision of the ball, but Tone had his hands on it

Zachintosh66
09-20-2009, 10:01 PM
I dont think Reed should be rejecting any more offers :)

Black@Gold Forever32
09-20-2009, 10:07 PM
I didn't think he got his hands on it, the defender made a good play on it. Although he wasn't looking at the ball, so he's lucky there was no contact.

Holmes let the ball go through his arms....lol I'm not blaming Holmes for the loss at all just saying that Jeff Reed wasn't the only that made mistakes today.....Team lost period....The Steelers left to many plays out their on the field and let the Bears hang around all game......This time it came back to bite the Steelers in the *** when they keep teams hanging around......

steelfury455
09-20-2009, 10:30 PM
...didn't earn his paycheck today of course. as long as this doesn't turn into a slump we'll be ok. hard to think that it wouldn't wear on him though. he knows he lost this game. being a place kicker in the league has to suck when it comes to games like this. but when it comes to a meaningful game down the road, holy ****...

jtretz
09-20-2009, 11:31 PM
Reed was terrible. You have to make pressure kicks on the road. Period. How come nobody has mentioned that Santonio Holmes was brutal also!!!!

TEEMONT
09-21-2009, 07:37 AM
Jeff reed has won so many ****ing games for the Steelers....one loss is on his shoulders....he gets a pass for this game in my book...but a kicker only gets one.

cmerrifield
09-21-2009, 07:40 AM
My only fear is Vanderjagt was the most accurate kicker in league history, then he missed the one against us when Big Ben tackled Harper after the Bettis fumble and Vanderjagt never was the same. If fact, he completely sucked after that and Dallas had to cut him the next year, Reed had that same look on his face Vanderjagt did, I just hope he can recover. I dont mind loosing a game or two, it takes the pressure off, I just hope Reed will mentally recover

greennick
09-21-2009, 10:42 AM

And it could have run the clock down further, giving them less time to get it done and putting them under pressure. That was bad play calling.

Though I guess we wouldn't have been saying that if Holmes had have not let the ball fly through his hands.

--- Added 9/21/2009 at 09:42 AM ---

My only fear is Vanderjagt was the most accurate kicker in league history, then he missed the one against us when Big Ben tackled Harper after the Bettis fumble and Vanderjagt never was the same. If fact, he completely sucked after that and Dallas had to cut him the next year, Reed had that same look on his face Vanderjagt did, I just hope he can recover. I dont mind loosing a game or two, it takes the pressure off, I just hope Reed will mentally recover

Ah good point. He looked devastated. I was thinking I bet he will practice his arse off all week and come out next week and nail them from anywhere. But maybe it is a confidence thing and he just lost his??? Let's hope not!!

JensK
09-21-2009, 12:36 PM
Jeff reed has won so many ****ing games for the Steelers....one loss is on his shoulders....he gets a pass for this game in my book...but a kicker only gets one.

Exactly... Reed can't loose one more game for Steelers if he wants to be payed like one of the better kickers in the league... If he still wants the money and keep missing FGs he sure won't be a Steeler next year and honestly - There is plenty of good kickers out of college..

TampaSteelGirl
09-21-2009, 12:59 PM
Well I was upset but the guy has not had a bad game in years...He's been money for us for a LONG time..He had a bad day eh. We should have never been in the situation to need his FGs anyway!

HUNT4SEVEN
09-21-2009, 07:02 PM
Great stiller fans loose one game and fire them all what the hell.

I know u Clown fans ain't talking what is the great Brady Quinn doing these days?:lol:

steelersbabex25
09-22-2009, 06:42 AM
Reed had that same look on his face Vanderjagt did, I just hope he can recover. I dont mind loosing a game or two, it takes the pressure off, I just hope Reed will mentally recover

Except Reed's loss didn't come in a second round playoff game, and he didn't throw his hemlet on the field on stomp off to cry in the locker room. It's a few missed kicks, and they won't be his last. Maybe he should have made them, but maybe the offense should have put more tds on the board, and maybe the defense should have stopped the bears from getting down the field in the last 2 minutes. Not a huge deal, Reed will be fine.