PDA

View Full Version : First time gunners against Hester!

LatrobePA
09-17-2009, 08:33 PM
Thought??? Good idea??

FIRST-TIME GUNNERS

Because of a slight hamstring injury to Keenan Lewis, fellow cornerbacks Joe Burnett and Keiwan Ratliff will be active this Sunday and will step into the role of punt gunners against the Bears’ dangerous return man Devin Hester.

Neither of the two ever played the position before this preseason, not even in high school, but Ratliff doesn’t see it as gamble by the Steelers.

“I wouldn’t look at it as a risk, because I feel Joey and I are top-notch athletes,” Ratliff said. “Being a gunner is just about being

lloydfan4life
09-17-2009, 08:57 PM
Hopefully Sepulveda can play a big part by keeping lots of hang time on punts so that Hester is forced into calling for fair catches, thus not having to worry about him on punt returns. :crossfingers: He definitely can be a big threat to go the distance.

cmerrifield
09-17-2009, 09:06 PM
I think its a good idea, lets get some speedy guys trying to force Hester into fair catches. I am just glad Sepulveda is back, last year I think Hester would have killed us.

Dee Mca
09-18-2009, 12:00 PM
Im so glad D-Sep is back and it isnt someone else punting for us. I'm sure D-Sep will keep Hester as a non-factor come sunday. It's the bears that should be worried about Logan!!!

BlitzburghRockCity
09-18-2009, 12:45 PM
Cowher used to directional kick alot when it came to big time returners so it will be interesting to see if Tomlin has DSep try and pin punts into the corner at all.

andyg1984
09-18-2009, 03:09 PM
not sure keenan lewis was that big of a deal ?

yinzer
09-18-2009, 05:42 PM
hester fumbles a punt return this week. mark it down. oh, and we recover it.

steelers4life66
09-19-2009, 09:32 AM
hester fumbles a punt return this week. mark it down. oh, and we recover it.

:yellowthumb: