PDA

View Full Version : 4. Troy Polamalu had the most impressive first quarter I've ever seen.

LatrobePA
09-17-2009, 02:21 PM
Got this off Foxsports, Jason Whitlock:

4. Troy Polamalu had the most impressive first quarter I've ever seen.

Before getting injured in Pittsburgh's season opener against the Tennessee Titans, Polamalu was in the process of a league MVP bid.

He recorded six tackles, one tackle for loss, two passes defensed and one spectacular, one-handed, midair, fall-to-the-ground interception. He was on fire. He was Ray Lewis and Ed Reed rolled into one player.

Film of his first quarter should be shipped to the Pro Football Hall

Callax
09-17-2009, 02:56 PM
Got this off Foxsports, Jason Whitlock:

4. Troy Polamalu had the most impressive first quarter I've ever seen.

Before getting injured in Pittsburgh's season opener against the Tennessee Titans, Polamalu was in the process of a league MVP bid.

He recorded six tackles, one tackle for loss, two passes defensed and one spectacular, one-handed, midair, fall-to-the-ground interception. He was on fire. He was Ray Lewis and Ed Reed rolled into one player.

Film of his first quarter should be shipped to the Pro Football Hall

I cannot say about putting that quarter in the HOF, but it was a damn good one!!
He wanted to put himself into the MVP catagory to start off the year..

TampaSteelGirl
09-17-2009, 03:13 PM
Yes HOF quarter for sure!! I hope they are just telling us 3-6wks to just be caucious. I would love to see him back for the Chargers game to pick off Rivers a few times and make him cry!! Always enjoy that!!! But I want him healthy for his own future.

:tt02:

lloydfan4life
09-17-2009, 03:20 PM
Dear Mr. Whitlock,
Do not EVER compare Troy Polamalu to Ray Lewis or Ed Reed.
Thank You.

LatrobePA
09-17-2009, 03:23 PM
Dear Mr. Whitlock,
Do not EVER compare Troy Polamalu to Ray Lewis or Ed Reed.
Thank You.

lol I was thinking the same thing! But as much as we hate them they are good players!

lloydfan4life
09-17-2009, 03:32 PM
lol I was thinking the same thing! But as much as we hate them they are good players!

:lol: I'll give Ed Reed his due, but Lewis is just an overrated fat POS murderer who likes to chase the ball carrier then pile on after a tackle is made so he can get credit. :greengrin:

TampaSteelGirl
09-18-2009, 12:17 PM
:lol: I'll give Ed Reed his due, but Lewis is just an overrated fat POS murderer who likes to chase the ball carrier then pile on after a tackle is made so he can get credit. :greengrin:

Tell us how you really feel Lloyd....:grin1:

KemoTherapy
09-18-2009, 03:04 PM
I really noticed how Troy was really motoring in the game and was thinking that he was playing better than I'd ever seem him..and then he got hurt. Hopefully he comes out of the injury at 100% and carries on where he left off.

LatrobePA
09-18-2009, 03:10 PM

LMAO!

Ray Ray....