PDA

View Full Version : Zone Blocking

ToothAche
09-17-2009, 11:37 AM
When are we going to get away from this zone-blocking scheme we have in place. Zone-blocking is for a team that has under-sized athletic offensive lineman that utilize their speed and quickness to attack certain spots on the field during a run. We have guys that can't even get their big slow lumbering bodies off of the line after the ball has been snapped (i.e. Max Starks). Is there a possibility that maybe, just maybe, we have the wrong personnel to execute a zone-blocking scheme? Or could there also be a possibility that we need to replace Larry Zierlein with someone who knows how to motivate these turn styles we have on the o-line? I still miss Russ Grimm, and the Steelers do to.

yinzer
09-17-2009, 11:49 AM
When are we going to get away from this zone-blocking scheme we have in place. Zone-blocking is for a team that has under-sized athletic offensive lineman that utilize their speed and quickness to attack certain spots on the field during a run. We have guys that can't even get their big slow lumbering bodies off of the line after the ball has been snapped (i.e. Max Starks). Is there a possibility that maybe, just maybe, we have the wrong personnel to execute a zone-blocking scheme? Or could there also be a possibility that we need to replace Larry Zierlein with someone who knows how to motivate these turn styles we have on the o-line? I still miss Russ Grimm, and the Steelers do to.

the o line man blocked the majority of the titans game.

tuggysteel822
09-17-2009, 12:58 PM
The pass blocking was good. When ben has time to get the team downfield that is enough protection. I think tomlin is going to be hard on the line this week though because of the inept running game. And you can't blame the RB's for that.

ToothAche
09-17-2009, 11:48 PM
I am not talking pass blocking. RUN blocking. Something these guys can't seem to do.

K Train
09-17-2009, 11:53 PM
we arent really a zone blocking team at all....zone blocking the line moves together and the RB makes one cut and each play is designed to get about 4 yards.....anything after that is up to the RB to make happen.

we dont do that at all