PDA

View Full Version : Motivation in camp ?

BlitzburghRockCity
08-08-2006, 02:46 AM
All the reports so far from camp seem to indicate that the team is pretty inconsistent at this point. Cowher mentions in just about every article about doing drills over and over, repeating them, players dragging, and practices just generally not as crisp as usual.

Now I know that it's only the first week of camp and players are still getting used to the rigors of 2 a days and training camp life so I look forward to better reports as the month moves along.

Steelersfan
08-08-2006, 03:35 AM
I wouldn't look too much into it yet. I'm sure Bill has a good handle on what is going on and will work to fix any problems. I do like the way our D seems to have been playing so far. Most of the stuff I have read is in regards to the offense and that could have something to do with our D playing so well. We will see soon with the preseason games coming up!

BlitzburghRockCity
08-08-2006, 03:40 AM
That brings up a nice point, our defense always plays with a chip on their shoulder and this year is no different. I did read today that the offense was able to do some good things in practice today,specifically in the goal line drills as they decide who's gonna take Jerome's place. Duce was actually able to get some carries in and Ben was on the money with 3 TD tosses to Cedric in the red zone.

Steelersfan
08-08-2006, 03:45 AM
That's the thing in practice. If the offense does well it makes the D look bad. Or if the defense does well the O looks bad. I will wait and see how we do against another team before I get too concerned about either.

BlitzburghRockCity
08-08-2006, 03:48 AM
Ben is wearing a bright neon green cap on his head to help make sure the defense knows where he is too. Smart move cuz you know our practices and drills can get pretty spirited and there's usually atleast a couple fights during camp among the players on the bubble or those just trying to make a statement.

Steelersfan
08-08-2006, 03:50 AM
Hmmm, that is true. I haven't heard of too many fights yet this year. Not sure if that is a good sign or bad sign......lol

SteelCityMan786
08-08-2006, 11:17 AM
I treat that as a good sign Steelersfan. It's a sign the team hasn't had any break downs yet and are caring more about what is going on on the field not about just themselves.

BlitzburghRockCity
08-08-2006, 07:11 PM
As camp heats up in the coming weeks and the cut deadlines start looming its going to get more intense and tempers will flare. It will be interesting to see who's involved.

SteelCityMan786
08-08-2006, 09:35 PM
yep the cut to 65 is coming up after the 3rd pre-season game.

BlitzburghRockCity
08-09-2006, 08:21 AM
I like seeing some heated battles and a few fights..it shows the players care, that they are intense, focused, and are working hard to try and nail down a roster spot. Normally they blow over pretty quick, but having some spark & fire like that in camp isnt a bad thing, IMO.

Steelersfan
08-09-2006, 12:24 PM
I want to see some pushing and shoving going on. Just shows they are ready for the season and each side of the ball is working as a unit. I don't want to see fists flying or any of that stuff but some good heated pushing and shoving is needed.