PDA

View Full Version : Timmons reinjures ankle in practice...

Troyisabeast_43
09-16-2009, 05:08 PM
http://www.postgazette.com/pg/09259/998584-66.stm

Looks like Limas Sweed got hurt as well today. Not good news on either player it looks like as of now. Timmons most likely wont play,and if Sweed cant go I would expect the Steelers to dress Shaun McDonald and use him as the 3rd/4th receiver with Mike Wallace which I dont think would be that big of a deal and much of a drop off...

Ironman
09-16-2009, 06:08 PM
Well this is unfortunate to hear, I've been anticipating Timmons returning this week. I don't mind seeing Fox in there, but Timmons is obviously an upgrade in the coverage. Sweed wasn't much of an option last week, but he did his job effectively. I'm not too hung up on him missing Sunday's game, but it's injuries like these that can really hinder a player's expectations, let alone his performance. Sweed needs to get a jump start so he can get a grasp of what he can, and can't do when it comes to gameday. I know every receiver believes he can make 'every' catch, but let's be honest, numbers mean practically everything in determining how 'good' or valuable a player is these days.

greennick
09-16-2009, 06:30 PM
That is pretty annoying. Timmons would have been good to counter the loss of Troy. Oh well, I am sure we will do fine nonetheless.

Big T
09-16-2009, 06:56 PM
I don't like it

Dean Denton
09-16-2009, 07:08 PM
Didn't I say this was an injury that was going to linger????

yinzer
09-16-2009, 07:26 PM
so.....we're in the same situation as last week.

Zachintosh66
09-16-2009, 07:49 PM
:banging:

tuggysteel822
09-16-2009, 08:41 PM
I would have liked to see Timmons play, but Fox should be alright against a bum offense like Chicago's.

LatrobePA
09-16-2009, 09:00 PM
Look for a pass happy Cutler this weekend. They will attack our weakness. Lets just hope the backups can step up and make plays!

yinzer
09-16-2009, 09:27 PM
Look for a pass happy OVERRATED Cutler this weekend. They will attack our weakness. Lets just hope the backups can step up and make plays!

fixed :yellowthumb:

SteelCityKid5
09-16-2009, 10:03 PM
Fox is still in for Timmons, which is okay anndd lets put it this way ... McDonald catches everything, hes solid. This will allow for Wallace to be in there more which equals stretching the Bears D ... CALM DOWN PEOPLE I think we'll be alright!:yellowthumb:

lloydfan4life
09-17-2009, 07:33 AM
This isn't much of a surprise. If not in practice it would've happened in the game this week. It was more of a surprise to hear Timmons was going to play this week. High ankle sprains are a bitch to get over. I agree with Dean in that it's going to linger for a while. As a team we've played well through injuries and guys have stepped in and stepped up when needed. I'm sure Tomlin will have them ready to go this week as well.

cmerrifield
09-17-2009, 07:41 AM
Yeah, I would have liked to seen Timmons back, but I hope we let him rest with the Bungals after the Bears so he is back for the Chargers. I dont want to push him too quickly, we will need him.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-17-2009, 08:09 AM
This is why Tomlin should have sat Timmons for another week yet, stay off that ankle and chill out so this didn't happen but of course he allowed him to come back to practice and low & behold he gets hurt again. :evilshake:

Fox will fill in just fine now and he's good enough to make plays for us, no major concerns there other than Timmons missing yet another opportunity to get on the field with the Starters.

As far as Sweed goes, we won't miss him too much with McDonald and Wallace in there, we'll be fine.

LatrobePA
09-17-2009, 08:38 AM
fixed :yellowthumb:

Thanks! lol

Sweed is going to **** around be on the outside looking in soon!

KemoTherapy
09-17-2009, 11:38 AM
Shoulda rested him another week to begin with.

Troyisabeast_43
09-17-2009, 07:01 PM
Thanks! lol

Sweed is going to **** around be on the outside looking in soon!

I agree with you. With the way Mike Wallace looked in the first game and how much further ahead he is then Limas Sweed in his first season the longer Sweed stays out of the lineup and the more reps and playing time Wallace gets at wideout Sweed is in great danger of losing his 3rd wide receiver spot and playing time in favor of Wallace. Wallace right now just looks like a better route runner, alot smarter. and plays with a certain confidence and swagger that Limas Sweed just didnt have in his first year with the Steelers...

DanRooney
09-17-2009, 07:20 PM
Timmons is made of glass

Danger DANJ
09-18-2009, 12:29 AM
http://pit.scout.com/2/900148.html?refid=400

That link seems to show Timmons practiced, alternating with Fox on the first team defense, Thursday. After practice Dick LeBeau said he made great strides. So, I guess the ankle is doing much better.

Blazedby92
09-18-2009, 05:05 AM
Timmons is made of glass
:plus1:

JensK
09-18-2009, 12:29 PM
Steelers inside linebacker Lawrence Timmons, who missed the season opener against the Tennessee Titans with an ankle injury, said he will "definitely be playing" against the Chicago Bears on Sunday.

Timmons, the Steelers' first-round pick in 2007, announced his availability today on Twitter and in his blog.

"I didn't get to play in last week's game against the Titans because of my ankle injury but the rehab is going great and the ankle feels real good right now. I will definitely be playing in this week's game against the Bears in Chicago," Timmons wrote on the blog. "I practiced this week on Wednesday and Thursday and the ankle feels just fine. I'm taking it one day at a time and will be back to 100 (percent) real soon. Right now it is feeling really good and I'll be ready for the Bears this Sunday at Soldier Field."

Keyaron Fox started for Timmons in the 13-10 overtime victory over the Titans

lloydfan4life
09-18-2009, 12:37 PM
Steelers inside linebacker Lawrence Timmons, who missed the season opener against the Tennessee Titans with an ankle injury, said he will "definitely be playing" against the Chicago Bears on Sunday.

Timmons, the Steelers' first-round pick in 2007, announced his availability today on Twitter and in his blog.

"I didn't get to play in last week's game against the Titans because of my ankle injury but the rehab is going great and the ankle feels real good right now. I will definitely be playing in this week's game against the Bears in Chicago," Timmons wrote on the blog. "I practiced this week on Wednesday and Thursday and the ankle feels just fine. I'm taking it one day at a time and will be back to 100 (percent) real soon. Right now it is feeling really good and I'll be ready for the Bears this Sunday at Soldier Field."

Keyaron Fox started for Timmons in the 13-10 overtime victory over the Titans

:wtf: :scratch: thought he reinjured his ankle?

cmerrifield
09-18-2009, 12:58 PM
He said after that report went out that it was nothing, and he was practicing the next day. I think they kept him out of the rest of practice just in case, but it was really nothing.

LatrobePA
09-18-2009, 01:08 PM
I read he was looking impressive and made a nice play on a pass over the middle...

http://www.timmons94.com/blog.html

steelers4life66
09-19-2009, 08:39 AM
That is pretty annoying. Timmons would have been good to counter the loss of Troy. Oh well, I am sure we will do fine nonetheless.

I was thinking the same thing. Timmions is good in pass D.........F**K!

greennick
09-19-2009, 01:49 PM
Apparently Timmons will play. May not start though. Good to hear either way. It would probably make sense to just start bringing him in on passing D schemes later in the series.

Black@Gold Forever32
09-19-2009, 02:46 PM
I can't wait to see Timmons back in action........