PDA

View Full Version : Just got a text....

Ibleedblk&gld
09-15-2009, 03:39 PM
Just got another daily text from songwhale

"Practice squad move: TE Dezmond Sherrod cut; TE Kevin Brock (6-5, 255) is in. Brock caught 49 for 541 and 2TDs for Rutgers in 07-08."

Thoughts?

LatrobePA
09-15-2009, 03:48 PM
Sherrod seemed like a bum with two left feet, anything could be better!

K Train
09-15-2009, 03:52 PM
we have a soft spot for rutgers players

SteelerAllDay
09-15-2009, 05:07 PM
we have a soft spot for rutgers players

And we'll add another one in next years draft, RT Anthony Davis 6'6 325.

K Train
09-15-2009, 05:14 PM
wow you think a RT is gonna solve our problems? lol we have one of those, its the other 4 spots that worry me

Black@Gold Forever32
09-15-2009, 08:48 PM
wow you think a RT is gonna solve our problems? lol we have one of those, its the other 4 spots that worry me

Davis is the LT for Rutgers.....I like the kid and will be following him throughout the season....

K Train
09-15-2009, 08:52 PM
both davis and kevin hassam are both good rutgers prospects.....not sure about at pro LT though. i dont follow rutgers all that closely but ill keep my eyes on them for obvious reason lol

Black@Gold Forever32
09-15-2009, 09:00 PM
both davis and kevin hassam are both good rutgers prospects.....not sure about at pro LT though. i dont follow rutgers all that closely but ill keep my eyes on them for obvious reason lol

We don't have much behind Colon and Starks period....So I think OT is a huge need period......So even if Davis does prove he is just an RT at the next level then so be it.......Willie Colon is the best Steelers OL right now so I do agree RT isn't the biggest need along the OL.......Still think he would be a great OG.........We will never find out...lol

andyg1984
09-15-2009, 11:30 PM
something in the middle please! i remain in a state of denial that we signed hartwig to an extension .. is it really true?

SteelerAllDay
09-15-2009, 11:54 PM
We don't have much behind Colon and Starks period....So I think OT is a huge need period......So even if Davis does prove he is just an RT at the next level then so be it.......Willie Colon is the best Steelers OL right now so I do agree RT isn't the biggest need along the OL.......Still think he would be a great OG.........We will never find out...lol

My bad, LT. Guys I was watching game again I recorded and let me preceed by saying I like the line and I do feel they will get better but Kemo needs to stay on his feet as does Colon. A few traps where Kemo just tripped and Colon looked top heavy. They will be better this week after film and practice. That being said, against a very very good and solid d-line, the run blocking was not bad and actually created a crease most of the time. Lets face, thats as good as you are going to get against Tennessee. Parker failed to hit hole when it was there by dancing, other times running right into down lineman. One running play, I believe first quarter with about 1:30 left, running play up the middle, there was a big hole there. I believe Miller led. If Parker would have just made quick step to his left, gain would have been nice. Instead you see him just run into and fall over a downed Tennessee lineman.

I saw a few of these types of misreads from Parker. We could have had at least 60-70 yards rushing. Doesn't sound like much, but would have enough and these would have resulted in more converted 3 and short by the run. Game film will help this week but Zierlin has to pump these guys up and coach and teach them. Actually envious of the Bills young line. Looked good, especially Wood. Man he would have looked good and black n gold.

Steelers will have 150 yards team rushing this week.

KemoTherapy
09-17-2009, 12:32 PM
I was thinking the same thing after watching the Bills offensive line during that game. I really do believe they should have picked the best O-lineman available in the first round. Many thought Ziggy would have still beeen available with the Steelers 2nd round pick. I closely watched Phil Loadholt @ starting right tackle during the Vikes game and he was rock solid.

ToothAche
09-17-2009, 12:44 PM
Kevin Brock is a converted wide receiver. He is a good strong blocker with some mad athletic skills at TE. I like this pick-up. Sherrod didn't ever do anything for me, but I have never seen him play in the NFL either. I think we now have the best practice squad in the league. I am calling out any other team's practice squad to try and take on our practice squad. That's right! I'm calling all y'all out! Our practice squad can't be beat!:question-1:

K Train
09-17-2009, 01:49 PM
I was thinking the same thing after watching the Bills offensive line during that game. I really do believe they should have picked the best O-lineman available in the first round. Many thought Ziggy would have still beeen available with the Steelers 2nd round pick. I closely watched Phil Loadholt @ starting right tackle during the Vikes game and he was rock solid.
he was pure beast....hes already what max starks should be

BlackGold4vr
09-17-2009, 02:52 PM
he was pure beast....hes already what max starks should be

I thought that you were one of the people who thought Phil Loadholt was a fat POS? Same things were said about Jeff Otah and he has turned out to be pretty good as well. :yesnod: