PDA

View Full Version : Timmons update...

BlacknGold Bleeder
09-15-2009, 01:02 PM
Just got text message on phone that said "Tomlin:hopefully,Timmons will practice on Wednesday and get ready to play; the No 3 OT in game day is Ramon Foster.

Be nice to see him back this week ,but Fox is an adequate back up so far...

cmerrifield
09-15-2009, 01:28 PM
Without Troy, we really need Timmons in coverage, he is more vital without Troy. I like Fox, but Timmons will make Troys absence less noticeable.

TampaSteelGirl
09-15-2009, 01:32 PM
Tomlin said in his press conference that Timmons MAY be ready for sunday. I'm hoping so...we really need him! I like Fox alot and he's done well but we really need Timmons!

Zachintosh66
09-15-2009, 01:34 PM
Fox is adequate but Timmons will be pro bowl eventually!

BlitzburghRockCity
09-15-2009, 02:01 PM
Honestly, I would rather him Timmons sit out one more week. These high ankle sprains are tricky and Chicago is not the toughest team in the league so why not let him sit one more week just to be safe. We already have Troy out so let's not risk Timmons reaggravating that ankle by coming back too soon.

SteelerNC
09-15-2009, 02:05 PM
Honestly, I would rather him Timmons sit out one more week. These high ankle sprains are tricky and Chicago is not the toughest team in the league so why not let him sit one more week just to be safe. We already have Troy out so let's not risk Timmons reaggravating that ankle by coming back too soon.

Agrre Top Gun :yellowthumb:

Richmond Rukus
09-15-2009, 02:07 PM

Agreed. No reason to risk re-aggravating the injury if he is not close to 100%.

Blazedby92
09-15-2009, 02:07 PM

I am with you on this on Gun, it's just to soon. Now come chargers and vikes then I would try and get him on the field.

SteelCityKid5
09-15-2009, 02:09 PM
^^^ Agree 100%! No need to risk an injury that could nag Timmons the rest of the season.

cmerrifield
09-15-2009, 02:11 PM
Yeah, maybe TG is right, especially since the Bears will be with Urlacher.

ejsteeler
09-15-2009, 02:33 PM
Absolutely TG, a loss in week 2 would not be that devastating...not that I think we will lose. Harrison and Woodley will give Cutler the same kind of harrassment that turned him to jelly Sunday.

Callax
09-15-2009, 03:20 PM

DITTO
We are looking long term AKA whole season
1 more week to get healed and then play the whole season (hopefully)

Troyisabeast_43
09-15-2009, 03:46 PM

Id even go one step further TG and say sit him out the next 2 weeks on the road at Chicago and at Cincy so that he can be ready to play in the big showdown here with the Chargers on Sunday night October 4th. That will give Timmons pretty much a whole month of recovery time and another 2 full weeks off which should help that ankle heal and make it pretty close if not totally at 100 percent by the all important Chargers game. The defense should be able to hold down the fort against the Bears and Bengals without Timmons in there and play solid enough to win both of those games...

K Train
09-15-2009, 03:54 PM
fox is just a man against the run, which is the bears game....10 tackles and a fumble recovery earned him another week to play while timmons gets 100%

Danger DANJ
09-15-2009, 04:03 PM
I agree to hold Timmons out 1 more game to make sure he is healed, but I'd like him to get some real playing time against the Bengals so he doesn't come in rusty against the Chargers.

SteelersWoman
09-15-2009, 08:15 PM
We have a better player at backup than some teams have at starter.

K Train
09-15-2009, 08:17 PM
I agree to hold Timmons out 1 more game to make sure he is healed, but I'd like him to get some real playing time against the Bengals so he doesn't come in rusty against the Chargers.

this^

greennick
09-16-2009, 12:57 AM

Yeah Chargers is definitely the big game.

Dean Denton
09-16-2009, 05:42 AM
I dont think it will matter if he sits or not. Those high ankle sprains linger all year. Remember Kendrell Bell? That guy got a high ankle sprain and was never the same, then we shipped his *** off to KC. Dude played like crap for two years...I say shoot his leg full of pain meds and let him play.....We need these first four games...

Callax
09-17-2009, 02:33 PM

I just saw another post that had Timmons re-injure his ankle... I guess this proves that he should have sat out or taken it easier on that ankle, since he will be out for a longer period of time...