PDA

View Full Version : Najeh Davenport in today's game.

House of Steel
11-12-2006, 10:18 PM
Did any of you notice, Cowher put Najeh on the return team and he was damn awesome today, had a hell of a return on the one kickoff. He really did a fine job. I say keep making him the returner til Reid gets back from injury. I was glad someone had a brain working to use that as a plan.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-12-2006, 10:21 PM
I'm just glad he held onto the ball. Did you say the one kick return Morey had and he fumbled. I don't know what is with the Steelers with kick and punt returns this year. The only player that has shown that can hold onto the ball is Dookie Davenport. I hope Reid comes back and becomes the punt returner. But both Reid and Dookie should do the kick returns.

AZ_Steeler
11-12-2006, 10:25 PM
I thought Najeh had been on the return team in the past few games or was it just punt return in the past and now they are adding him to kick offs as well?

Steelersfan
11-12-2006, 10:27 PM
He's been on the kickoff team the past few games and has done well each time he touched the ball.

House of Steel
11-12-2006, 10:29 PM
How long was that big return he had in the game? I think he brought us all the way up to the 48 I believe. He could of been gone if he had a few more blocks come his way.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-12-2006, 10:29 PM
Exactly, I'd like to see him back there more often. He may not be the fastest but he's got some speed and power !

Steelersfan
11-12-2006, 10:31 PM
And he doesn't play around back there. He gets the ball and takes off straight up the field.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-12-2006, 10:32 PM
That's a good point. Get the ball and then take off, that dancing around just does nothing but gives the pursuit more time to catch you.

House of Steel
11-12-2006, 11:26 PM
Randle El in the Washington game had a heck of a reversal for 50 some yards. I couldn't stand him dancing like his pants was on fire or a mouse was streaking across the field when he was returning for us

BlacknGold Bleeder
11-12-2006, 11:41 PM
Najeh is doing well on the returns ,now if they would spell Willie a little and let him run on offense, now that's a big change of pace!!

SteelersGirlTN7
11-12-2006, 11:44 PM
Did any of you notice, Cowher put Najeh on the return team and he was damn awesome today, had a hell of a return on the one kickoff. He really did a fine job. I say keep making him the returner til Reid gets back from injury. I was glad someone had a brain working to use that as a plan.

Yes I thought ir was awesome too ..

and, if it aint broke dont fix it ..

so why the heck did they have Sean Morey returning, where he fumbled, and luckily we recovered,,, ?

I was totally screaming at my tv lol

House of Steel
11-12-2006, 11:46 PM
You wasn't the only one.

Steelersfan
11-12-2006, 11:46 PM
Najeh is doing well on the returns ,now if they would spell Willie a little and let him run on offense, now that's a big change of pace!!

That's what I'm talking about! They don't use him nearly enough running the ball. Willie would be so much better with another "big" back to keep his legs fresh and wear the opposing D down.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-13-2006, 01:11 AM
Seems to be a reoccuring theme with anyone returning a punt besides Najeh. Once Reid gets back that will ease this situation alot too.

Prosdo
11-13-2006, 08:18 AM
Seems to be a reoccuring theme with anyone returning a punt besides Najeh. Once Reid gets back that will ease this situation alot too.

Any word on when he should be back?

BBG7
11-13-2006, 10:00 AM
Davenport really gave us that boost we needed returning kicks. Not only did he hold on to the football, but he gave us great starting position which we have not been accustomed to this year either.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-13-2006, 02:26 PM
He's not been ruled out of this weeks game yet but give it till Wednesday and we'll see.

Hburg
11-13-2006, 03:09 PM
I thought Davenport did great on punt returns yesterday! He's not quick and fast like a Randel El or Willie Reid but he makes up for it because he has power and mass, so that by the time he runs into coverage he already has so much momentum it's like having to stop a runaway freight train. I saw a few times yesterday when Dookie just had guys bouncing off of him as he ran past. I was definately impressed.

BuFu

BlitzburghRockCity
11-13-2006, 03:35 PM
Question is how long will it take BC to let Najeh stay back there more....or are we risking too much since we dont have much depth at RB by letting him stay back there.

Hburg
11-13-2006, 11:04 PM
Question is how long will it take BC to let Najeh stay back there more....or are we risking too much since we dont have much depth at RB by letting him stay back there.

Eh, just strap a cowcatcher to his belt, an airhorn to his helmet...and the D will learn to get the f*ck outta his way!!

:lol:

:helmet:

BuFu

BlitzburghRockCity
11-13-2006, 11:09 PM
It would be nice to see a return run over somebody for once in stead of running around them or away from them :lol:

Hburg
11-14-2006, 12:57 AM
It would be nice to see a return run over somebody for once in stead of running around them or away from them :lol:

http://image.guardian.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2002/07/01/3train.jpg

Train #44 now departing on track 100! Express! No stops! ALLLL ABOOAARRDD!!

BuFu

House of Steel
11-14-2006, 09:54 AM
LOL. Priceless Picture.