PDA

View Full Version : Game #1 Thoughts!

jtretz
09-12-2009, 01:03 AM
It wasn't pretty but we did get the "W" against a good team. Did anyone notice how absolutely brutal the refs were? That pass interference and the personel foul call on Troy and the holding call on Starks were f***ing brutal. The refs tried to take another game from the Steelers, but failed! I think the league should always review calls after the game and then fine the idiots that make those calls! I love watching the Steelers play. There's nothing better. But I am getting sick of these f***ing refs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:cope::cope::cope::cope::cope::cope::cope:

K Train
09-12-2009, 01:10 AM
refs also called illegal formation on the titans 3 times....not exactly the most concrete call

DanRooney
09-12-2009, 02:06 AM
An illegal formation is about as concrete as a false start. If you're not lined up at the LoS it's pretty easy to see.

K Train
09-12-2009, 02:12 AM
meh, they were a little picky about it....more so than usual at least....but hell, woodley scaring a tackle that kicked his *** last year enough to make him cheat back is a beautiful thing.

i agree that the PI on troy and the holding on starks were bs calls, but iffy calls are just part of the game

Dean Denton
09-12-2009, 06:49 AM
Dont forget the no call on Harrison again. I thought they were going to start throwing flags if the pass rusher got his feet on the other side of the blocker.
The game over all was good. Two good teams going back and forth. However, never did I think the Steelers were going to lose. Ben looked beautiful. The Def looked like they can be top three if not one again. Running game still looks like last year...sad!!!! The OL looks like they are way off. What a mess. Running into eachother, missing blocks all together and not one hole opened up for the running game. They only thing that lookked to get any better from last year was Ben. Can this team work that magic for 19 games???? We will see.

Troyisabeast_43
09-12-2009, 02:52 PM
The Steelers beat a pretty good football team in the Titans without virtually no running game and without one of if not their best defensive player Troy Polamalu. Ill say that's a very encouraging sign and shows the Steelers can win games even when they are not at their best. Do they need to run the football better?? Absolutely I dont think they can win consistently all year running the way they did against the Titans. But the season is young and they have a lot of time to fix the running game and make it better which I really believe they will do.

What more can you say about Ben Roethlisberger. This guy just continues to be absolute money at the end of the game when the Steelers need him to be the most. He is so confident and always makes the big completions when you need him too. Without Ben Roethlisberger on this football team no matter how good this defense is the Steelers have no chance of repeating as Super Bowl Champs. This guy is so clutch and I put him now right behind Tom Brady and ahead of Peyton Manning as the best QB in the National Football League.

Black@Gold Forever32
09-12-2009, 04:00 PM
For real I hate whining about calls....The Steelers get their fair share of calls to.......Good team over come bad calls anyway.....

43......Hell yea Ben is the man in clutch situations.........I think with 363 yards against the Titans that Ben is on way for a big year........

BlackGold4vr
09-12-2009, 04:25 PM
I think that we have got to have better production out of the running game or it will catch up with us. Don't get me wrong, I am not clinging to memories of Steeler teams of the past. I do not expect us to return to a predominantly running team. But we will need better success to provide some balance and at least make teams respect the threat. If what we saw against the Titans is what we can expect to see all year then our opponents will adjust to stop our passing attack. Willie needs to go IMO. He goes down far too easily. We should bring up Redman and rotate Rashard, Mawelde, and Redman in the line-up. Love Willie's speed and if we had a good run blocking O-line he could have a huge year, but we don't. :2cents:

steelcitysfinestXL
09-12-2009, 07:34 PM
If what we saw against the Titans is what we can expect to see all year then our opponents will adjust to stop our passing attack. :2cents:

How many front fours can you name as good/ better than the Titans!?!?! The Eagles and the Giants come to mind. 3-4 defenses I'd say the Ravens. Other than those 3 teams... i think we can expect MUCH better production out of our run blocking! That front four is AWESOME! Plus they bring Bullock from middle line backer often! Watch the game again, they didnt get a TON of penetration. Their gap play is second to none!

I expect the line to play better and not face another front like that until BAL! No excuses they looked pitiful. But how much of that was due to the fact that that's what TEN prides them selves on!

Troyisabeast_43
09-12-2009, 08:03 PM
Keep in mind the Steelers will also not play teams every single week that can and will stop the run as consistently as the Titans did the other night. Im with you that if the Steelers run game especially the short yardage situation continues to be a problem like it was the other night against the Titans then the Steelers are very much going to have to consider at least dressing Redman and giving him some opportunities to see how he can do. There is just no excuse for not converting a good portion of those 3rd and shorts the Steelers got stopped on the other night against the Titans. It has too and MUST get better and needs to be addressed at the very least by the end of this month if things dont start improving.