PDA

View Full Version : Tomlin and Steelers working on extension

SteelCityKid5
09-11-2009, 06:09 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jc-tomlinextension091109&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

:tt02: :clap:

Ironman
09-11-2009, 07:55 PM
Sign him for a lifetime contract. I'm sure he wouldn't mind living the rest of his life as the Don of the NFl's most prestigious team!

Big T
09-11-2009, 11:51 PM
Pay the man. He deserves it.

K Train
09-11-2009, 11:53 PM
i wouldnt mind like an 8-10 year extension

Big T
09-12-2009, 12:21 AM
i wouldnt mind like an 8-10 year extension

I was thinking 10 too.

Dean Denton
09-12-2009, 06:59 AM
I'm thinking I could take this team to a Sb with Ben at QB...If they work out an extention it better come with him saying he will make this OL better, and not keep around a pack of total losers...

Sir Blitzelot
09-12-2009, 09:40 AM
I hope this gets done, Tomlin is such a perfect fit with this team.

Captcoolhand
09-12-2009, 06:37 PM
He seems like he's doing good for this team for the most part considering he was hand a championship team. But I wonder how well he could do if it was a team like Detroit or Kansas City. :thinking:

Stlrs4Life
09-12-2009, 08:01 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=tsn-steelerstomlinnegoti&prov=tsn&type=lgns

Steelers, Tomlin Negotiating Contract Extension

The Pittsburgh Steelers (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/pit/;_ylt=Ar8_nHdbO27CmtilzzLk8LA.ubYF) are negotiating terms of a contract extension with coach Mike Tomlin, Yahoo! Sports reports.

Tomlin has two years left on his current contract, and both sides say a deal likely won't be finalized until after the 2009 season. But Pittsburgh is expected to try to lock up their Super Bowl-winning coach with a long-term deal.

“Even if it doesn’t get announced until after the season, both sides are very comfortable with the situation,” a Steelers source told the Website. “I think Mike feels very comfortable about what the Steelers are going to do for him. He’s not out there hanging, not sure what’s going to happen.”

The defending champs, who opened the 2009 season Thursday night with a 13-10 OT win agaisnt the Tennessee Titnas, have a policy of not negotiating contracts during the season. However, the club had been negotiating with Tomlin since the team's Super Bowl win in February.

Tomlin is in his third season with the team. He has compiled a 26-11 record and became the youngest coach ever to win a Super Bowl, at 37. His current contract runs through 2010, and he has an option for 2011. However, he already met all of the thresholds to opt out of that year.

Captcoolhand
09-12-2009, 08:28 PM
this thread has been started already so both thread will be merged.........

SteelCityKid5
09-12-2009, 08:38 PM
bull ****, i broke this story

DanRooney
09-12-2009, 08:55 PM
A lot of people rag on Tomlin for riding LeBeau's defense, but I can't say Tomlin hasn't done anything on this team. Drafting Woodley was a huge upgrade over the Hag, and from what we've seen so far, Timmons is a monster. He also got Ward back into his 1000-yard form by letting him rest those extra days prior to gametime. He also did a 180 on our special teams, which was horrible during Cowher's tenure. Turning our coverage from close to last to first is a great accomplishment. Finding Logan could turn our return unit from worst to top 3 as well.

Captcoolhand
09-12-2009, 08:59 PM
bull ****, i broke this story
So what's the problem? someone else started the same thread and I merged it with your. No foul done.

greennick
09-12-2009, 10:12 PM
A lot of people rag on Tomlin for riding LeBeau's defense, but I can't say Tomlin hasn't done anything on this team. Drafting Woodley was a huge upgrade over the Hag, and from what we've seen so far, Timmons is a monster. He also got Ward back into his 1000-yard form by letting him rest those extra days prior to gametime. He also did a 180 on our special teams, which was horrible during Cowher's tenure. Turning our coverage from close to last to first is a great accomplishment. Finding Logan could turn our return unit from worst to top 3 as well.

Exactly, it is not his fault he was given most of a championship team (minus the run game and OL). Many coaches have been given better teams and not won the SB in their second year. Many have regressed, so we can be thankful Tomlin has done the opposite.

blackngold29
09-12-2009, 10:40 PM
I still hear rumors about changing the D to a 4-3 once LeBeau leaves and I don't like it; it ain't broke so don't fix it.

Other than that, Tomlin really couldn't be more perfect.

HUNT4SEVEN
09-13-2009, 12:10 AM
Exactly, it is not his fault he was given most of a championship team (minus the run game and OL). Many coaches have been given better teams and not won the SB in their second year. Many have regressed, so we can be thankful Tomlin has done the opposite.

That's true look at the team Norv Turner is coaching, they were contenders turned pretenders because of their coach, we have been blessed with an good coach, that's why the Steelers are trying to get this cat contract extended!:tt02:

BlitzburghRockCity
09-13-2009, 02:34 AM
Cowher got his contract redone during the regular season, so why not Tomlin as well. I'd be surprised if this doesn't get announced before the regular season is up.

Koopa
09-13-2009, 03:28 AM
He seems like he's doing good for this team for the most part considering he was hand a championship team. But I wonder how well he could do if it was a team like Detroit or Kansas City. :thinking:

he was handed a 6-10 team....... he made them a championship team, i guarantee you if that fat **** grimm was our coach we'd have had a top 10 pick this past draft.........

K Train
09-13-2009, 04:00 AM
I still hear rumors about changing the D to a 4-3 once LeBeau leaves and I don't like it; it ain't broke so don't fix it.

Other than that, Tomlin really couldn't be more perfect.

it will be broke when hampton is gone, so it will need to be fixed

blackngold29
09-13-2009, 10:55 AM
it will be broke when hampton is gone, so it will need to be fixed

Ziggy Hood much?