PDA

View Full Version : An Evening with Frank the Bus...

DanRooney
09-11-2009, 06:05 PM
http://vimeo.com/6536870

I mean Frank the Fatboy. :clap:

Ironman
09-11-2009, 06:14 PM
he played like a rookie, enough said

K Train
09-11-2009, 06:31 PM
every steeler fan needs to watch that video....i didnt like carey davis, but he was alot better than that.

what a waste of a pick, and an even bigger waste of a roster spot

Big T
09-11-2009, 06:59 PM
David Johnson needs to be used as the fullback when one is needed. WOW...I didn't need to see this video to say how terribly he blocked (or didn't block) last night. It just shows you that the RBs are not at fault for the terrible performance running the ball...that fault falls on the O Line and Frank "I'm Gonna tank in the NFL" Summers.

KRAZYRIDE
09-11-2009, 07:00 PM
He can get better...

K Train
09-11-2009, 07:04 PM
he wont

Big T
09-11-2009, 07:08 PM
ok lets say he gets better....maybe he will only F*ck up 80% of his blocks, improving from the 100% F*ck up from last night.

KRAZYRIDE
09-11-2009, 07:12 PM
I miss Dan Kreider

HUNT4SEVEN
09-11-2009, 08:01 PM
every steeler fan needs to watch that video....i didnt like carey davis, but he was alot better than that.

what a waste of a pick, and an even bigger waste of a roster spot

I hate to say this but i was thinking the same thing after watching Frank play! Carey was/ is better than Frank the stank!

greennick
09-11-2009, 08:06 PM
He didn't perform well as a blocker. I wonder if he will get any better.

LatrobePA
09-11-2009, 08:07 PM
Frank the stank...lol

Better get Davis back in here, this boy isn't the answer right now. He wiffed on every block attempt.

K Train
09-11-2009, 08:08 PM
carey davis is working out for the raiders today

steelerfan11
09-11-2009, 08:48 PM
I guess this is the grass is always greener on the other side situation.

LOL wow he plays 1 NFL game and everyone is calling him a bust and asking for the terrible FB Davis???

This was Summers first game in the NFL. If you ask any player they will tell you there is a HUGE difference in speed from preseason/training camp to the regular season. If you didn’t notice..ben sucked in the beginning of the game. Plus the defenses we would have gone against were bland.

Summers was a 5th round pick....no 5th round picks are starting in the NFL as rookies. Heck I'm sure a lot of 5th round picks never take a snap in the NFL.

Summers also went to UNLV where I can guarantee he never played against the top teams in college like OSU, USC, ect. He is going to take some time to adjust to the speed and talent he is playing against.

K if I remember correctly you were saying how great Sweed would be if given time to adjust to the NFL...well Sweed still sucks and is getting out played by a rookie drafted a round later than him (Wallace) imo.

imo not all of the lack of running game was Summers fault. OL sucks at picking up any type of blitz, when they ran the ball the titans had the line stacked (very predictable play calling), and anyone notice willie dancing around in the backfield? Cause he did that more than he ran forward.

DanRooney
09-11-2009, 08:48 PM
Replacing one bum with another bum doesn't help. Anyone call up Lorenzo Neal? At least he's a has-been (upgrade from garbage).

Dean Denton
09-11-2009, 08:50 PM
Replacing one bum with another bum doesn't help. Anyone call up Lorenzo Neal? At least he's a has-been (upgrade from garbage). I agree, Bring in Lorenzo...

Ironman
09-11-2009, 08:53 PM
it was his first NFL game people... he is a rookie, a 5th round draft pick at that. Give the guy at least a few games before you decide to crucify him, or burn him at the stake.... The Steelers obviously see something in this guy to cut Davis, and keep him. I trust the Steelers organization, and their abilities to incorporate quality players. I can't believe you guys are acting as if he was the one who sprained Troy's MCL... He will be held responsible by the coaching staff for his awful whiffs, but I see absolutely no reason to panic this excessively after only ONE game. Next week will be a good measurement for his abilities, the Bears have a quality defense, and if Frank doesn't perform well then, I think you'll see Frank taking one in the tank.

K Train
09-11-2009, 08:55 PM
I guess this is the grass is always greener on the other side situation.

LOL wow he plays 1 NFL game and everyone is calling him a bust and asking for the terrible FB Davis???

This was Summers first game in the NFL. If you ask any player they will tell you there is a HUGE difference in speed from preseason/training camp to the regular season. If you didnít notice..ben sucked in the beginning of the game. Plus the defenses we would have gone against were bland.

Summers was a 5th round pick....no 5th round picks are starting in the NFL as rookies. Heck I'm sure a lot of 5th round picks never take a snap in the NFL.

Summers also went to UNLV where I can guarantee he never played against the top teams in college like OSU, USC, ect. He is going to take some time to adjust to the speed and talent he is playing against.

K if I remember correctly you were saying how great Sweed would be if given time to adjust to the NFL...well Sweed still sucks and is getting out played by a rookie drafted a round later than him (Wallace) imo.

imo not all of the lack of running game was Summers fault. OL sucks at picking up any type of blitz, when they ran the ball the titans had the line stacked (very predictable play calling), and anyone notice willie dancing around in the backfield? Cause he did that more than he ran forward.
im not calling him a bust after one game, ive been calling him a worthless pick since day one.....hes playing and incredibly easy position, its not like he didnt know his assignments, he just whiffed, and whiffed and sometimes just ran right past them.

sweed had a good game, he didnt get thrown to but he blocked downfield and drew coverages deep alot that holmes ate up underneath. wallace had a good game but he didnt outplay sweed, he simply had a few balls thrown his way.

sweed was on the field alot last night, way more than you would think, that wasnt by accident. and hell i like wallace too, he came up with a big grab in a critical moment but summers consitantly sucked ***, he will be nothing

DanRooney
09-11-2009, 10:05 PM
Sweed? Or was that Cedric Wilson? Only time I saw him was his on that hail mary pass where he showed 0 effort, standing motionless and just watching Finnegan almost return it the other way.

Blazedby92
09-11-2009, 11:40 PM
Damn Do we have Philly fans in here. If he blows people up next week everyone will start liking him. Give the kid a chance, he may not be nothing right now but mid season it might finally slow down for him.

K Train
09-11-2009, 11:51 PM
Damn Do we have Philly fans in here. If he blows people up next week everyone will start liking him. Give the kid a chance, he may not be nothing right now but mid season it might finally slow down for him.

im not like that at all, ive hated him since day one, not just after a few whiffs....im not worried about him blowing someone up and liking him, hes a bum, that would never happen.

its fine to be all optimistic since they won, but we won despite his whiffs not because of them....he contributed nothing, im pretty sure he failed to even slow one guy down