PDA

View Full Version : Titans better than Steelers? Hhmm ..

SteelersGirlTN7
09-11-2009, 12:53 PM
From GoTitans.com

"Missed opportunities" was the theme as turnovers and mistakes on special teams nullified some quality play by the Titans on both offense and defense. "We're a better team than the Pittsburgh Steelers," FB Ahmard Hall said. "A lot of people might question that but if you look at the game we lost the game ourselves. We basically beat ourselves. I definitely expect to see them again and we'll have a different result next time."

LOL Titans,,, it's always about next time .. next time ..

well, just make sure you take care of business .. so there CAN be a post season next time...

floodcitygirl
09-11-2009, 12:55 PM
There were missed opportunities on both sides. The "better team" pulled it out. :tt02:

cmerrifield
09-11-2009, 12:56 PM
Or maybe the other option is that you arent better than the Steelers and we actually beat you. They have a real schedule this year, not sure they will be back to the playoffs.

TampaSteelGirl
09-11-2009, 12:57 PM
I"m sorry but last night they did "look" like the better team out there, they aren't better so to speak but last night they shut down our running game, shut it down. We are the better team definately however, we didn't look it last night but it was the first game of the season. We had to get our feet wet and take a look back at where we need to improve. This game certainly showed alot. It's going to take a big man to fill Troy's shoes, hope it can happen. O-line I think will be fine soon enough but the Titans definately showed up to play last night I'll give them that.

Scorp
09-11-2009, 01:22 PM
Titans better than Steelers? Hhmm ..

Hell no. For one split second i thought the titans might have our number. Then i realized alot of teams don't come into our house and just beat us. No. This rivalry is going to be on a different level than the Steeler/Ratbirds. Did it not kinda remind you of Steelers/Ratbirds? Anyhow, titans, you did ok i'll give you that, but the Steelers took the life right out of you and you didn't even know it. The Steelers took it from you before you even realized it. We don't have our great group of guys for nothin.

Blazedby92
09-11-2009, 01:31 PM
Both teams made mistakes but the better team knows how to get through the bad stuff.:cope:

Stlrs4Life
09-11-2009, 01:38 PM
What fcg said. Both sides missed opurtunities. Here's what ole Nate said:

"The Pittsburgh Steelers didn't beat the Tennessee Titans, the Tennessee Titans beat the Tennessee Titans," said wide receiver Nate Washington, the former Steelers player.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/gamecen...090910_TEN@PIT (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/gamecenter/recap/NFL_20090910_TEN@PIT)

Callax
09-11-2009, 02:01 PM

"The Pittsburgh Steelers didn't beat the Tennessee Titans, the Tennessee Titans beat the Tennessee Titans," said wide receiver Nate Washington, the former Steelers player.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/gamecen...090910_TEN@PIT (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/gamecenter/recap/NFL_20090910_TEN@PIT)

WOW words of wisdom from a SEVERLY overpaid never will be..

Good riddence.. glad we got Wallace, who will be a better, more complete WR.

Sorry best team won THE DEFENDING SB CHAMPS!!
NOT the RATBIRDS SLOPPY 2ND"S!!

LarryNJ
09-11-2009, 02:02 PM

hahaha...What the hell did you do lastnight Nate?

Most teams feel they lost it ..not that they got beat. The Titans are a very good team...but the better team won.

LatrobePA
09-11-2009, 02:10 PM
hahaha...What the hell did you do lastnight Nate?

Most teams feel they lost it ..not that they got beat. The Titans are a very good team...but the better team won.

I saw that too, the dude is a c--kface!

TN is good, and Collins is much better than I gave him credit for.

This was their Super Bowl no doubt they gave it all they had!

steelcitysfinestXL
09-11-2009, 02:13 PM
I'll say one thing: one team looked VERY tired in the fourth quarter/o.t. The other team looked very fresh and very composed with the game on the line! The better team won! Better stamina, battle tested, big/late game experience and physical from every position at every snap of the game! Tennessee just got plain wore out!

BlitzburghRockCity
09-11-2009, 02:24 PM
Player for Player both teams are fairly equal. Slight edges going to one or the other at key positions but mostly they are pretty well balanced. The Steelers missed opportunities, the Titans missed them too. The difference was with the game on the line the Steelers have the heart, the team spirit, and the ability to get the job done and the Titans do not..that's it plain and simple.

Oh and as for Nate.... dude, when u actually significantly & CONSISTENTLY contribute and earn the outrageous money you're making; then you can have an opinion.

ejsteeler
09-11-2009, 02:35 PM
Titans are a good team and, I think, one of the harder games we will play this year. Coming away with a W is a great thing. :yesnod:

blackngold29
09-11-2009, 02:35 PM
I don't care who the better team is. That doesn't matter. We won the game. That's what matters.

Troyisabeast_43
09-11-2009, 04:08 PM
Werent the Titans the ones that gave up 363 yards passing to Ben through the air and couldnt stop the Steelers passing attack in the 4-5 wide set pretty much the whole night?? You see this is why the Titans are a bunch of ****ing losers and will never win ****. They cant just come out and say the Steelers made the plays in the end and we didnt. Hell the Titans had their chances. They had the lead 10-7 with 11 minutes left in the game, and then when the game was tied at 10-10 with 3 minutes left they got the ball back and went 3 and out because the Steelers defense did something the Titans defense didnt do enough of last night and that is make plays and get stops when they absolutely needed too...

TampaSteelGirl
09-11-2009, 04:13 PM
I'll say one thing: one team looked VERY tired in the fourth quarter/o.t. The other team looked very fresh and very composed with the game on the line! The better team won! Better stamina, battle tested, big/late game experience and physical from every position at every snap of the game! Tennessee just got plain wore out!

I definately agree with this!! :yellowthumb:

bleed black n gold
09-11-2009, 04:14 PM
amhad hall ? who? what a joke we beat they without troy imaginr us with him the best defencive player in the league people like this **** me off

stairway to seven
rip myrone cope

TampaSteelGirl
09-11-2009, 04:15 PM
Werent the Titans the ones that gave up 363 yards passing to Ben through the air and couldnt stop the Steelers passing attack in the 4-5 wide set pretty much the whole night?? You see this is why the Titans are a bunch of ****ing losers and will never win ****. They cant just come out and say the Steelers made the plays in the end and we didnt. Hell the Titans had their chances. They had the lead 10-7 with 11 minutes left in the game, and then when the game was tied at 10-10 with 3 minutes left they got the ball back and went 3 and out because the Steelers defense did something the Titans defense didnt do enough of last night and that is make plays and get stops when they absolutely needed too...

Agree here too! We always step up and make the plays when we need to definately! :yellowthumb:

Danger DANJ
09-11-2009, 05:03 PM
I'm not going to take anything away from the Titans, but they aren't the only ones to make mistakes. They missed the first field goal, but that's part of the game. The second field goal was blocked... and that's part of the game too. What other opportunities did they beat themselves on? Huh? Exactly, none! Their defense played great until they got too tired. That's not beating yourself, that's getting beat! Period!

Gotta give it up to Sepulveda, Logan and special teams. If we had the special teams of last year, I don't know that we win that game.

Troyisabeast_43
09-11-2009, 05:28 PM
I'm not going to take anything away from the Titans, but they aren't the only ones to make mistakes. They missed the first field goal, but that's part of the game. The second field goal was blocked... and that's part of the game too. What other opportunities did they beat themselves on? Huh? Exactly, none! Their defense played great until they got too tired. That's not beating yourself, that's getting beat! Period!

Gotta give it up to Sepulveda, Logan and special teams. If we had the special teams of last year, I don't know that we win that game.
Im with you there on that one as well. You could see already what huge huge difference makers Sepulveda and Logan are going to make in the first quarter of the game last night. These two alone along with the great special teams coverage will definitely steal a game or two for the Steelers this season...

Dee Mca
09-11-2009, 06:45 PM
With no Troy in second half. Woodley with the cramps even with IV at half. No Timmons. I think we did great. Yeah we didn't blow them out but in the record books theirs only a W and a L column and we got the W. Can we please take our stars off of special teams thou. I know Troy is a monster but he doesn't need to be out their trying to block field goals. Im all for having him in their for the victory formation but not trying to block kicks.

Stairwayto7
09-11-2009, 07:02 PM
We had just as many, if not more missed oppurtunities, mainly the pass interference call on Troy. And Ben taking the sack in FG range. Or Hines fumble. I still feel like Willie is gun shy, doesnt look like he wants to hit the holes hard. Dance and prances around, and doesnt break many tackles. I feel Mendenhal needs more carries, quick.

PittSteelers7fan
09-11-2009, 07:13 PM

WOW! Who really cares! Nate is nothing more than a player who benefited by being on the best team in football, and now that he's with someone else he now nothing.

BR7
09-11-2009, 07:30 PM
WOW! Who really cares! Nate is nothing more than a player who benefited by being on the best team in football, and now that he's with someone else he now nothing.

Thigpen II

Moondog
09-11-2009, 07:50 PM
How can the Titans demand respect when they can't give respect?

Lunchbucket
09-12-2009, 12:26 AM
What ever happened to taking a loss like a man?Show some class and quit whinning like a baby.