PDA

View Full Version : You can thank your lucky stars that the Steelers have Ben!

BlitzburghRockCity
09-11-2009, 08:24 AM
I heard on Sirius this morning that Harrison said he took the tape off his hands once we won the coin toss. He was that confident in Ben and the offense to make the plays in overtime. If you weren't already grateful after what happened last year to win the super bowl then you should be now..LOL.

This dude, I mean just watching him play is flat out fun because you never know when he's gonna shake off 2 lineman, scramble, and throw off his back foot across the field to make the play! Last night in the 4th quarter I think it was he had Vaden Bosch all over him and still escaped to get rid of the ball and Ward almost made the catch. You just can't coach that stuff, period. If there was a QB that fit this team since Bradshaw, it's Big Ben.

Leading the charge in the 4th quarter you just had a sneaky feeling that he as going to make the plays and get us down to atleast make a FG attempt to win it. When Hines lost that fumble every Steeler fans heart just dropped but you knew that if we could to OT that we'd have a chance to win it and wonder of all wonders he did it again!

cmerrifield
09-11-2009, 08:41 AM
Its great the team has that much confidence in Big Ben. I was pretty sure when we won the game when the coin toss was over. They couldnt stop the Offense in the 4th quarter, so I knew they couldnt stop them in OT.

Iron City South
09-11-2009, 08:48 AM
You've got to take the good with the bad with Roethlisberger. Will he take more sacks as a result of trying to make a play .... absolutely. Will he strike gold more often than not for doing so? ..... absolutely.

TEEMONT
09-11-2009, 08:56 AM
I was a big critic of Ben early on....most here gave me **** for it...lol

But I'll admit, I was wrong, the dude plays out of his mind.

Iron City South
09-11-2009, 09:07 AM
But I'll admit, I was wrong, the dude plays out of his mind.

You admitted you were wrong? ... You must be either drunk or getting old. :lol:

TEEMONT
09-11-2009, 09:15 AM
You admitted you were wrong? ... You must be either drunk or getting old. :lol:

no no...lol...i'm just hardly ever wrong ;)

K Train
09-11-2009, 11:30 AM
at the end i was like SMART THROWS YOU ****ER....and he threw an very risky one when he was going down....he just about gives me a stroke in OT every time

BlitzburghRockCity
09-11-2009, 11:32 AM
no no...lol...i'm just hardly ever wrong ;)

Now that's more like it :lol:

Even my wife, who of course watches games with me most of the time was just like, OMG how in the hell does he do that every week! Yeah he's going to take sacks, it's just inevitable but man when he makes plays he really makes plays.

Scorp
09-11-2009, 12:11 PM
Hines is human and should let it go and i'm sure by now he has. Big Ben is going to be the greatest 4th qrtr and ot comeback qb ever to play the game. Did he not show that last night? And that was just the first game. We got 15 more of those beauties to witness...or maybe not. We should get another handful of them this season. I'll be watching of course.

kgreen
09-11-2009, 12:29 PM
Does Ben remind anyone else of John Elway? He reminds me so much of Elway or Marino. What I mean is it doesn't matter how good or bad he plays for 3 quarters, he can always bring us back in the 4th. I agree: he continues this for the rest of his career, he will end up the best comeback QB of all time.

--- Added 9/11/2009 at 11:29 AM ---

Hines is human and should let it go and i'm sure by now he has. Big Ben is going to be the greatest 4th qrtr and ot comeback qb ever to play the game. Did he not show that last night? And that was just the first game. We got 15 more of those beauties to witness...or maybe not. We should get another handful of them this season. I'll be watching of course.

I had a heart attack when he fumbled and he looked really upset. I don't blame him for going for the TD, it's what he does. He'll bounce back.

Troyisabeast_43
09-11-2009, 03:12 PM
I wasnt worried either. I knew as soon as the Steelers won the coin flip with the way they were moving the ball on the Titans defense with the passing game virtually all night and especially in the 4th quarter, that they were going to get the job done and find a way to once again get into FG range to win the game. Ben is just so damn calm and cool in those key big game situations. His poise and composure is just second to none. Big props to Mike Wallace for making a huge play to set up the FG in OT. Winning a close game like this against a pretty good team in the Titans is definitely not a bad thing. It will give the team confidence and at the sametime keep them humble and make them work harder in seeing the things they need to get better.

TampaSteelGirl
09-11-2009, 03:20 PM
:loveben:

LarryNJ
09-11-2009, 06:44 PM
He's great when the game is on the line and the entire team has the same attitude. You gotta love it!

HUNT4SEVEN
09-11-2009, 07:04 PM
You've got to take the good with the bad with Roethlisberger. Will he take more sacks as a result of trying to make a play .... absolutely. Will he strike gold more often than not for doing so? ..... absolutely.

Agree!:tt02:

LarryNJ
09-12-2009, 11:05 AM
Hear what Jim Rome has to say about Big Ben, Hines, & Troy :)

-h8gKniDT3c

Dean Denton
09-13-2009, 04:41 AM
Does Ben remind anyone else of John Elway? He reminds me so much of Elway or Marino. What I mean is it doesn't matter how good or bad he plays for 3 quarters, he can always bring us back in the 4th. I agree: he continues this for the rest of his career, he will end up the best comeback QB of all time.

--- Added 9/11/2009 at 11:29 AM ---

I had a heart attack when he fumbled and he looked really upset. I don't blame him for going for the TD, it's what he does. He'll bounce back. Elway was Bens hero growing up, thats why he wears #7. But I think Ben is better then Elway. Elway was not that good his first couple of years. Sure he became one of the best ever, but Ben is head and shoulders better then any QB in their first 5 season. Not to mention Ben seems to get better every year. And Marino....The one everyone says never won a SB because he had no running game....I'm pretty sure Ben won a SB with no running game, an OL worse than anything Marino has ever played behind, and the NFL's best Def that damn near lost the game for the Steelers. Then in comes Big Sexy Ben to carry his team into the light....Cant say **** about Montana....The guy never looked bad to me....

WoodsonsGirl
09-13-2009, 08:21 AM

I totally agree with that statement! :yellowthumb:

:yikes: Did I say that I am in agreement with ICS on something?! :lol:

SteelersWoman
09-14-2009, 05:02 AM
Most people on here probably already know about this website http://www.bigbennews.com/ but wanted to post it for those that don't. It's an awesome site!

DanRooney
09-14-2009, 08:23 AM
In my opinion he is one of best QBs in the league right now, and definitely the most clutch. So many ignorant fans of other teams have no idea how great of a QB he is. I can't count how many times he's been put in bad situations (3rd and longs due to Willie Parker and the offensive line) yet he still is able to keep the chains moving, helping our D rest and wearing out opposing defenses.

cmerrifield
09-14-2009, 08:29 AM
I think we also need to thank the high school coach who started his son rather than Big Ben in high school. So then Miami of Ohio was the only school who would scholarship him because he only played his senior year. Otherwise, had he gone to a bigger college, we might not have got him

Blazedby92
09-14-2009, 10:04 AM
I think we also need to thank the high school coach who started his son rather than Big Ben in high school. So then Miami of Ohio was the only school who would scholarship him because he only played his senior year. Otherwise, had he gone to a bigger college, we might not have got him

You need to be thanking Archie Manning because:banana: him telling the chargers that Eli will not play for them Ben would be in a Giants uni and we would have Rivers.

SteelerSal
09-14-2009, 10:25 AM
You need to be thanking Archie Manning because:banana: him telling the chargers that Eli will not play for them Ben would be in a Giants uni and we would have Rivers.

Yes sir!! :yellowthumb:

Dean Denton
09-16-2009, 05:57 AM
Yes sir!! :yellowthumb: Yeah but we would have been strokin Rivers too. Its all about the Black and Gold, and I would rather have Rivers over Eli...

SteelersWoman
09-17-2009, 06:21 PM
Yeah but we would have been strokin Rivers too....

Maybe some would, but I simply can not STAND Rivers. How often does a QB get called for taunting like he did against the Raiders? :confused:

And I'll forever see him standing along the sidelines yelling (and taunting) Jay Cutler during a game against the Broncos. Too bad he couldn't have gotten a flag for that as well...

Scorp
12-08-2010, 07:25 PM
You can thank your lucky stars that we have Ben!

I still do.

steelersfaninms
12-08-2010, 11:08 PM
You can thank your lucky stars that we have Ben!

I still do.

Im glad we have Ben too. there is no other QB that i would take over him.
:tt02:

Farrior Fan
12-09-2010, 01:56 PM
It is funny to hear people that do not watch every Steelers game rank QBs. They always look at the stats and place Peyton, Brady, Rivers, Brees on top then maybe Ben around 7 or 8. The funny thing is if you take Brady out of the 4 QBs mentioned the remaining 3 have exactly the same number of rings as Ben. The casual observer will state that it is only because of Pittsburghs D and that is certainly valid for our SB win over the Seahawks but the fact remains Ben got us there. Anyone here think that Peyton, Brady, Rivers, or Brees makes the immaculate tackle? On the field the guy is a winner.

Root4Stlrs
12-09-2010, 03:16 PM
Anyone here think that Peyton, Brady, Rivers, or Brees makes the immaculate tackle?

Absolutely not.

Speeed
12-12-2010, 07:39 PM
I thought when Ben lined up sans huddle last week against the Ravens and drew them offiside I thought that was the play of the game. It was late in the game, and the Steelers needed to keep the drive alive. Once again, he assessed the situation and got it done. Whether it be a QB sneak, breaking a sack and making a key completion, scrambling from the pocket for a first down, or snatching a poorly snapped ball from the shotgun and making the play productive, he gets it done.

I just wanted to mention his no huddle play he orchestrated against the Ravens. I think it has not been talked about enough, even mentioned. I am convinced that was his plan for that particular play from the the start.

Go Ben !

Farrior Fan
12-12-2010, 09:44 PM
That was great, I think Ben really understands the game well and is evolving into a great great QB. Now if we could just get an oline to protect him maybe we could punch it in the endzone more than once every other game.