PDA

View Full Version : WALLACE!!

Iron City South
09-11-2009, 12:50 AM
Pay the man already .... he's money. :tt02:

I'm thinking he's going to be better than Sweed.

Any takers? :2cents:

Bigsnacks
09-11-2009, 12:52 AM
Mike Wallace IMPRESSED me very much sorry Limas your out as #3 can't say you was given a fair chance but this kid proved he can be clutch 3rd WR for sure.

Zachintosh66
09-11-2009, 01:01 AM
did Sweed even get thrown at?

HUNT4SEVEN
09-11-2009, 01:13 AM
Yea i like Sweed, but it looks as though Wallace is catching on faster. I'm with u ICS i think wallace is going to be better than Sweed, No i don't remember Sweed even getting a pass thrown his way tonight!

Ironman
09-11-2009, 01:41 AM
Sweed was in there on a few reps, but I believe he was running decoy routes (allowing our #1 and #2 receivers to free up). Wallace had more reps then I anticipated, but he played very well and composed himself even better. Wallace is obviously a future prospect, but if he continues make plays (or simply a clutch catch) like he did tonight, I wouldn't be surprised it Big Ben looks for him like he did Nate Washington last year. He's certainly got the speed, and after that catch tonight, it looks like he's got the hands to back it up.

Big T
09-11-2009, 01:41 AM
Like I said all summer, Mike Wallace will be huge for us this year. He is catching on much faster than Sweed did last year. Limas had 6 catches last year. Mike had 2 tonite. And he should've had a TD on that opening 3rd down when Ben HORRIBLY under-threw him. Unfortunately Ben couldnt get him the ball but, more often than not, Ben will make that throw.

BA and Tomlin said before the season that Limas and Mike would be splitting the 3rd reciever job and it looks like Mike is completely capable. And what does that say about Mike Wallace that he is just as far along as Limas is when Mike is a rookie and Limas is in his second year. Limas will still be big for us this year, but so will Mike Wallace. Im just glad that we actually have some big play wideouts. Im really excited about these guys.

How bout Santonio by the way. 9 catches, 131 yards and 1 TD for Holmes tonite. Sound famliar? those are the EXACT same stats he had in the Super Bowl. He will have an amazing season this year.

Edit,

Mike Wallace actually had 3 catches tonite.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-11-2009, 01:51 AM
Wallace got to see some nice playing time tonight and lets face it the kid's got talent. Let's not go totally crazy in thinking he may or may not be better than Sweed may be just yet.

If he keeps improving and learning his craft he's going to work out great for us and we could have 4 top notch WR's on our roster in no time. Dude can flat out haul *** too, he actually outran that long play that Ben threw to him in the first half and damn near came back to make the catch.

igor0190
09-11-2009, 02:23 AM
Sweed and Wallace are a completely different type of WR. They will each have their moments against different teams.

Dean Denton
09-11-2009, 02:27 AM
I'm not even close to closing the door on Sweed after one game. The guy will make plays too. Today it was Wallace.

Tr305
09-11-2009, 02:47 AM
I expected big things from mike wallace but no so soon...I wont write sweed off just yet seeing as he didnt get as many looks as wallace.

Koopa
09-11-2009, 02:54 AM
while i love sweed, but the dude isn't good, he looked great at ut but so did roy williams and he's a bum too......... actually i hated sweed, he had one good year but i saw his whole college career and he never impressed me....i'm only bias to him cause he wore burnt orange before black and gold...... wallace i know nothing about but just cause he made one catch doesn't make him clutch....but he'll end up having a better career then sweed

Big T
09-11-2009, 02:54 AM
Definitely can't write off Sweed yet. Like I said before, Sweed and Wallace will both be huge for us this year and gives our offense that spark we've been missing for a while.

Dean Denton
09-11-2009, 02:58 AM
Definitely can't write off Sweed yet. Like I said before, Sweed and Wallace will both be huge for us this year and gives our offense that spark we've been missing for a while. I know, I cant write him off either. I really believe in his ability to make big plays for this team....however, if Wallace wins the number 3 spot I will not bitch about it. I dont care if Ward is on the bench and this teams wins another SB...Just put your best foot forward and win the game.

tuggysteel822
09-11-2009, 03:17 AM
I think Wallace played a great game. I'd take a performance like that out of a third WR anytime. And he's a rookie! Haha

K Train
09-11-2009, 04:24 AM
its gonna be one of those things where one game wallace is huge and one game sweed is.....its gonna depend on the situation really

Big T
09-11-2009, 04:30 AM
its gonna be one of those things where one game wallace is huge and one game sweed is.....its gonna depend on the situation really

Completely agree

Bigsnacks
09-11-2009, 04:38 AM
Ya I think Big Ben wanted to make up for that really bad would've been TD pass and really gave Wallace a chance to step up on national TV and make a clutch catch that has and will be played all week. That tells me that he really is grasping the playbook very well and since teams will focus on Holmes and Ward leaving Wallace on man coverage with his speed he can flat out get open as he displayed today. Sweed really needs to step up his game in practice and in games in the reps he's in if he wants to be a factor in this offense. By the end of the year we will be callin him a "Steel" in the draft for the value they got with him being picked 84th.

cmerrifield
09-11-2009, 05:53 AM
I am glad they are both working out well, I think Sweed is good moving towards great and I think Wallace is too. This will take some pressure off, just in case Holmes wants a HUGE contract, I dont think he will, but just in case.

steelcitysfinestXL
09-11-2009, 07:23 AM
I give Mke Tomlin alot of credit for this! Mike Wallace is gonna push Limas Sweed to the point where they are both gonna HAVE to make the best of every ball thrown their way. Tomlin is creating a healthy competetive atmosphee for two totally different guys, both talented, fighting for the same position! Its great to see they taught him early, with Ben no play is dead! Wallace turned, looked, saw Ben oving and found the nearest whole in coverage and got to it! GREAT play for your first NFL game!

Iron City South
09-11-2009, 08:40 AM
I give Mke Tomlin alot of credit for this! Mike Wallace is gonna push Limas Sweed to the point where they are both gonna HAVE to make the best of every ball thrown their way. Tomlin is creating a healthy competetive atmosphee for two totally different guys, both talented, fighting for the same position! Its great to see they taught him early, with Ben no play is dead! Wallace turned, looked, saw Ben oving and found the nearest whole in coverage and got to it! GREAT play for your first NFL game!

This is a really good and fair post. I'm not abandoning Sweed by any means. My only point is that Wallace seems to be the quick learner of the bunch and has no issues with making clutch grabs. Sweed will eventually have his day. I just don't think Wallace is the kind of guy who needs his confidence coddled and boosted in the manner they've been doing it to Sweed.

TEEMONT
09-11-2009, 08:41 AM
I like Wallace as a 3 or 4.

Was anyone else happy to see Logan running with offense in 4 and 5 recivers sets?

LatrobePA
09-11-2009, 08:42 AM
I like Wallace as a 3 or 4.

Was anyone else happy to see Logan running with offense in 4 and 5 recivers sets?

I saw it, he'll make some big plays for us.

Ben underthrew Wallace for an easy TD, the kid can get open...Wallace will be a stud!

Blazedby92
09-11-2009, 09:00 AM
I love these kind of problems having 2 capable 3rd receivers. FO knows how to pick em.:clap:

cmerrifield
09-11-2009, 09:05 AM
Yeah, we have an excellent QB and 4 recievers who can really play the game and I TE who is amazing. This is the best passing offense the Steelers have had as long as I can remember. Its exciting.

TEEMONT
09-11-2009, 09:13 AM
I love these kind of problems having 2 capable 3rd receivers. FO knows how to pick em.:clap:

now if only they could apply that knowledge to the O-line....