PDA

View Full Version : Polamalu's injury

BlitzburghRockCity
09-11-2009, 12:50 AM
Anybody heard any updates? I didn't hear anything else about it since he left the game in the 2nd quarter.

Black@Gold Forever32
09-11-2009, 12:55 AM
Top please let me know as soon as you find out...rest of peeps to please keep me posted....Troy was straight out playing his *** of tonight........

Gregster
09-11-2009, 12:57 AM
Hopefully its not serious he's a terrific player but if he wants to rest that knee next week vs. Da Bears its ok with me!!!

BlitzburghRockCity
09-11-2009, 01:01 AM
One would think if it was anything serious we'd have heard about it. :crossfingers: We have 10 days before we play again so hopefully that works to our favor with this.

Troy was definitely on fire tonight and you could tell that the secondary lost some of that momentum when he left the field so there should be zero doubt about his impact and ability to be a difference maker on this team.

DonCanabis
09-11-2009, 01:02 AM
Hope polamalu's injury isn't bad he was having a DEF MVP performance the first half it would be sad if you lose him.... In another news the Madden curse is still alive

HUNT4SEVEN
09-11-2009, 01:03 AM
What a sick one hand interception he had, i hope he's ok for next week!

SteelerSteve
09-11-2009, 01:04 AM
lol forgot about the madden thing. On the positive side he didn't seem to be in any horrible pain and when I saw him walking up the steps he had only a minor limp, the bad news was that he didn't return.

Zachintosh66
09-11-2009, 01:07 AM
Hope it doesnt contain any of these letters: T-O-R-E-M-C-L-A-C-L-L-C-L

Dee Mca
09-11-2009, 01:08 AM
Just heard on NFL network from coach tomlin he saying MCL sprain 3 to 6 weeks

steelcitysfinestXL
09-11-2009, 01:08 AM
Hope you're all sitting down... Early word form Tomlin himself is 3-6 weeks with mcl damage/sprain

Zachintosh66
09-11-2009, 01:11 AM
:evilshake:

dont know whats worse... Troy getting hurt again or Carter on the field for 3-6 weeks. Spot duty he is ok, but 3-6 scares the hell out of me!

LarryNJ
09-11-2009, 01:12 AM
The standard is the standard for the 11 guys on the field.... but it's going to be a long month or so without him.

blackngold29
09-11-2009, 01:13 AM
Not surprised at all. People deny the Madden Curse. Deny it now.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-11-2009, 01:13 AM
3-6 weeks is an F'n eternity to have Carter on the field!! :cursin:

Troy is in superb shape, if anyone can come back sooner it will be him! :pray:

Dee Mca
09-11-2009, 01:14 AM
Well if its minor 3 weeks we have Troy back by the time we play SD

Black@Gold Forever32
09-11-2009, 01:18 AM
Hope you're all sitting down... Early word form Tomlin himself is 3-6 weeks with mcl damage/sprain

Better then what I originally thought...I seriously thought he was done for the year.....Get well Troy and hey players just have to step up.......So Carter, Mundy, Townsend get ready.......Would moving Clark to SS and putting Townsend at FS be an option?........Or just roll with Carter?.......

Big T
09-11-2009, 01:21 AM
I don't like it....Ryan Mundy played a little tonight too so maybe he and Tyrone will split some time...

Tennessee was moving the ball. I dont like it....they are not an explosive offense. the D kinda worried me tonight. Still, we got the W and thats all that matters.

Dee Mca
09-11-2009, 01:27 AM
Troy needs to go see hines dr and get the same treatment hines got last year

BlitzburghRockCity
09-11-2009, 01:33 AM
Better then what I originally thought...I seriously thought he was done for the year.....Get well Troy and hey players just have to step up.......So Carter, Mundy, Townsend get ready.......Would moving Clark to SS and putting Townsend at FS be an option?........Or just roll with Carter?.......

Carter inspires ZERO confidence in our secondary, if Im Tomlin I definitely consider sticking Townsend out there opposite Carter if thing start to fall apart.

Mundy will get his chance for some more playing time but man losing Troy just really blows ***!

Bigsnacks
09-11-2009, 01:39 AM
Palomalu out 6 weeks

floodcitygirl
09-11-2009, 02:01 AM
Shouldn't be too bad for the next two weeks but a definate scare after that. He looked so great! Hopefully he'll be able to make it back sooner.

Zachintosh66
09-11-2009, 02:02 AM
Carter inspires ZERO confidence in our secondary, if Im Tomlin I definitely consider sticking Townsend out there opposite Carter if thing start to fall apart.

hell, or even Ratliff :lol:

DonCanabis
09-11-2009, 02:09 AM
sorry guys but MCL sprain now usually ends up being worse

igor0190
09-11-2009, 02:31 AM
The way he had his leg landed on it looked like probably MCL. He won't be back for 5-6 weeks I would guess.

Black@Gold Forever32
09-11-2009, 02:33 AM

Mundy will get his chance for some more playing time but man losing Troy just really blows ***!

I see Townsend more of a FS and Clark could play SS with the way he plays the game....Lets not bury Carter just yet either...he still is a vet and we do have Coach LeBeau and alot of talent around him to mask him...No doubt the defense is worse without a Troy but that is still a very talented unit......Plus the wizard running it.....

Ironman
09-11-2009, 02:44 AM
I don't know if you guys saw what I saw, but I cringed when he was landed on by a guy over 300 lb's. I couldn't believe he was walking up stairs after that. Knowing Troy, he'll be back sooner than later, but I expect him to miss at least 2 games. Ain't that a bitch....

steelfury455
09-11-2009, 02:49 AM
worst case, he's out half the season, he still needs rehab to catch up afterwards. that guy SHOULD NOT be on special teams...

igor0190
09-11-2009, 02:49 AM
It didn't actually look like he was walking with that much of a limp did it???

SoCalBlackandGold
09-11-2009, 02:54 AM
he walked up the stairs almost normal and i know when i sprained mine i didnt stand for sec...i think he will sit out til the Chargers

igor0190
09-11-2009, 03:13 AM
Yeah, I was not walking like that when I had a grade II MCL. Maybe he will actually be back sooner than 6 weeks.

Dean Denton
09-11-2009, 04:04 AM
When they showed Troy walking up the stairs with the trainer I thought he might turn around and maybe toss his jersey to the camera man, or stop and drink a coke and give a thumbs up...lol
If this guy has another season with a gimpy leg this is really going to suck. Because we all know that it wont be a 100% next year either. Crumpler did that on purpose....

Tr305
09-11-2009, 04:07 AM
Im no convinced with carter as safety at all... this is goin to be a long couple weeks without troy but knowing us we will gel together

Dean Denton
09-11-2009, 04:11 AM
Im no convinced with carter as safety at all... this is goin to be a long couple weeks without troy but knowing us we will gel together you can never replace a player like troy unless you have sanders or Reed on the bench. Yeah its going to be a step back without him, but Carter has played great for this team and I expect him to make plays in Troys absence. Carter can hit like a truck, but he's no Troy...But who is???

Tr305
09-11-2009, 04:19 AM
yea i guess your right troy is just a great talent and just his presence being out there gives our d a sorta boost he will be missed but all in all the boys up front reeking havoc we should be just fine

K Train
09-11-2009, 06:01 AM
hopefully we get timmons back to get some balance

cmerrifield
09-11-2009, 07:07 AM
3-6 weeks is a long time without Troy. I think our defense showed it is tons better with Troy in the game, he is a difference maker. Hopefully, Mundy and Townsend can fill his time or even Ratliff, I think those three would be better than carter.

Sir Blitzelot
09-11-2009, 08:43 AM
3-6 weeks is a long time, that defense looks completely different when Troy's not on the field. I'm hoping he has a speedy recovery.

SteelerNC
09-11-2009, 08:46 AM
just as long he is back for the Lions game :lol:

Bucsfan4ever
09-11-2009, 09:00 AM
His interception was absolutely incredible!!...wish him a speedy recovery!

steelersgal86
09-11-2009, 09:06 AM
Get well soon Troy...we need you....:tt02: :tt02:

TEEMONT
09-11-2009, 09:14 AM

Did I call that or what? MCL sprain with abotu 4 weeks out...lol...Im a ****ing genius...

Captcoolhand
09-11-2009, 10:14 AM
Hate to hear this about Troy because he's definitely a difference when he's on the field. But, seeing him able to walk out to the locker room on his own free will, has me thinking that it won't take 4-6 week before he's back on the field.

Zachintosh66
09-11-2009, 10:17 AM
Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32

They usually dont ever make position moves. So were prolly stuck with Carter. We heard grumblings all off season about Townsend in there. I would prefer Townsend at SS. Clark isnt near the athlete (or fast enuff) as the other guys.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-11-2009, 10:23 AM
Unless Carter really starts to fail we won't see a change in personal. Although I would hope that if our secondary starts getting torched that Lebeau and Tomlin make some sort of adjustment. I like Ty Carter as a backup as much as anyone and we have to remember that filling in for Troy is awful big shoes to fill so we have to expect some sort of drop off conventionally speaking of course. However this is the Steelers and the NFL, if you can't come in and be competent enough and pull your own weight as a backup getting called upon to perform then a change needs to be made.

TampaSteelGirl
09-11-2009, 11:02 AM
Troy is such a difference maker..I could of cried when I saw that...good to see him walking off the field but that was a horrible bend of his knee. I pray he recovers quickly!

Layin the wood
09-11-2009, 11:37 AM
The way he was walking after the game tonight tells me he'll be back for the Bungals game if not the Chargers game for sure!!!!!:cope:

Zachintosh66
09-11-2009, 12:29 PM
I like Ty Carter as a backup as much as anyone

Lets think about this... 2 weeks ago we were debating if this guy should be cut

--- Added 9/11/2009 at 10:29 AM ---

Im still scared... i wanna hear negative MRI results...

Infern0
09-11-2009, 12:32 PM
He can pray his way to health :)

Scorp
09-11-2009, 01:32 PM
Troy will be back stronger than ever and i promise you all my kids, he is just going to pick up right where he left off....kicking *** all over the field and handing out *** whoopings. Troy, if you're listening i just want to say i never had one favorite Steelers player. Ever. After the performance i saw last night buddy before you left the game, YOU ARE MY BEST AND FAVORITE STEELER. Your style reminds me and takes me back of how i played back in my playing years. God Bless you and your family and can't wait to see you back on the field.

''What was that Troy, head and shoulders does great things for your hair.'' lol.

Troyisabeast_43
09-11-2009, 05:23 PM
Unless Carter really starts to fail we won't see a change in personal. Although I would hope that if our secondary starts getting torched that Lebeau and Tomlin make some sort of adjustment. I like Ty Carter as a backup as much as anyone and we have to remember that filling in for Troy is awful big shoes to fill so we have to expect some sort of drop off conventionally speaking of course. However this is the Steelers and the NFL, if you can't come in and be competent enough and pull your own weight as a backup getting called upon to perform then a change needs to be made.

Like Tomlin always says TG the standard of expectation for whomever the 11 guys that are out there starting doesnt change because of injury. The frustrating thing with the Troy injury was that it was such a worthless play because the Steelers were getting the ball back anyway after the block because of change of possession. Troy really had no chance of picking it up and running it back either. But that's how Troy plays all out and full speed ahead all of the time. Hopefully the injury is not serious and Troy can be back within the next month or so. Guys like Carter,Mundy and Deshea will just have to step up and fill the void in the time being because nobody the Steelers play coming up over the next month or so is going to feel sorry for the Steelers because Polamalu is out. This defense is still good enough in my opinion that they can survive missing Troy for 3-4 games and still be successful and win in his absence. Hopefully that is exactly what happens...

Dean Denton
09-11-2009, 06:26 PM
Its the curse...

lloydfan4life
09-11-2009, 06:40 PM
Sitting at the game last night watching warm-ups, etc... Troy was one of the last guys out on the field to stretch and warm up and one of the first guys to head back in to the locker room after warm-ups. :scratch: This seemed very un-Polamalu-like to us. Wonder if he was hurting before his injury. :dunno: He certainly didn't seem like anything may have been wrong by the way he played in the first half. Just passing along an observation.

LatrobePA
09-11-2009, 08:05 PM
I read he told someone on the side line it wasn't serious....

Dean Denton
09-11-2009, 08:42 PM
I read he told someone on the side line it wasn't serious....3 to 6 weeks is serious. Coming back next week would be, not so serious...Its the curse, and this will nag on him all year, and next year of he comes back too soon.

Blazedby92
09-11-2009, 11:48 PM
3 to 6 weeks is serious. Coming back next week would be, not so serious...Its the curse, and this will nag on him all year, and next year of he comes back too soon.

I have worried about the curse too ever since they announced him and Fitz, so if fitz goes down I will be convinced of the madden curse. :reddevil:

Dean Denton
09-12-2009, 08:07 AM
I have worried about the curse too ever since they announced him and Fitz, so if fitz goes down I will be convinced of the madden curse. :reddevil: It might be only one guy, so Fitz could come away clean. There has been no player to not get hurt after being on the cover. Two guys still played. Farve last year, but he was hurt, and he sucked the rest of the year. And Ray Lewis. He played alomst the entire year with that Barbarian leather strap on his torn biecep. Do you remember that? He played like crap too.

Griff69
09-12-2009, 10:31 AM
No new info but he will not be out for long. He is a beast and i believe it was more precaution than severity of injury.

greennick
09-12-2009, 12:26 PM
It might be only one guy, so Fitz could come away clean. There has been no player to not get hurt after being on the cover. Two guys still played. Farve last year, but he was hurt, and he sucked the rest of the year. And Ray Lewis. He played alomst the entire year with that Barbarian leather strap on his torn biecep. Do you remember that? He played like crap too.

Are there any players that don't get injured each year? Football is a violent game. Players get injured all the time!

mateus
09-12-2009, 02:36 PM
It might be only one guy, so Fitz could come away clean. There has been no player to not get hurt after being on the cover. Two guys still played. Farve last year, but he was hurt, and he sucked the rest of the year. And Ray Lewis. He played alomst the entire year with that Barbarian leather strap on his torn biecep. Do you remember that? He played like crap too.

i know its wrong but...fitzgerald must fall!

SoCalBlackandGold
09-12-2009, 07:16 PM
I think he and we will be ok. It would be nice to see him back in time for San Diego. Up until our bye the may be the most threat and we will see if the bungals have it or not..im thinking not..Clark has stepped up before and will do fine. The guys up front just need to make sure the keep everything in front of them and finish tackles.

spyboots
09-12-2009, 08:36 PM
Troy said he doesn't believe in curses.

Dean Denton
09-13-2009, 05:31 AM
Troy said he doesn't believe in curses. Troy says he doesn't believe in curses because he's a man of faith. Troy doesn't believe in UFO's eother, but that dont make it so......

WoodsonsGirl
09-13-2009, 09:47 AM
Troy is a man of God and this is why he doesn't believe in the "curse".

The Bible tells us that “Like a fluttering sparrow or a darting swallow, an unfair curse will not land on its intended victim.” (Proverbs 26:2). This means that foolish curses have no effect because they cannot land on us.

Dee Mca
09-14-2009, 03:09 PM
http://www.timesonline.com/sports/sports_details/article/1424/2009/september/14/madden-no-troy-no-problem-lebeau-will-make-it-work.html

Backups Tyrone Carter and Ryan Mundy are mediocre at best, a huge drop from Polamalu’s level. Missing six games seems a best-case scenario for Polamalu; he figures to be out through the Steelers’ bye in Week 8 and perhaps a bit longer. For any team besides the Steelers, losing a player of Polamalu’s magnitude that long would spell disaster.

Haven't seen anything else yet

LatrobePA
09-14-2009, 03:11 PM
Timmons will help if he can make this game...

TampaSteelGirl
09-14-2009, 03:14 PM
Troy is a man of God and this is why he doesn't believe in the "curse".

The Bible tells us that “Like a fluttering sparrow or a darting swallow, an unfair curse will not land on its intended victim.” (Proverbs 26:2). This means that foolish curses have no effect because they cannot land on us.

Amen on that Shell!!!

LatrobePA
09-14-2009, 04:49 PM
NEWS FLASH:

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09257/997984-100.stm

floodcitygirl
09-14-2009, 06:15 PM
NEWS FLASH:

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09257/997984-100.stmI'm glad this isn't any more than that after all but if we have to go 6 weeks without him it could get rough. Here's to praying for no more than 3.

Dean Denton
09-16-2009, 07:05 AM
With that injury the guy will be worthless the rest of the year. Sure he can play, but it wont be at 100%...70 to 75 if he's lucky....Lets go Carter...

SteelerFan87
09-16-2009, 03:16 PM
I saw him on Sunday and he seemed to be walking ok. I think he'll miss 3 weeks, maybe 4.

LatrobePA
09-16-2009, 03:29 PM
He'll be back sooner than later!

Callax
09-16-2009, 03:48 PM
With that injury the guy will be worthless the rest of the year. Sure he can play, but it wont be at 100%...70 to 75 if he's lucky....Lets go Carter...

Many moons ago while playing softball (bust my chops later), I ended up with a grade 1 tear of my MCL. I could run straight ahead fine and fast, but ANY lateral movement (side to side) felt like a needle being stabbed into my knee ligament...
It took about 4-5 weeks before I could run pain-free
I ran fine after that so
I do not believe in the thought that he is worthless for the rest of the year, Just dinged up for now!!!!
HE'LL BE FINE!!

greennick
09-16-2009, 07:28 PM
Many moons ago while playing softball (bust my chops later), I ended up with a grade 1 tear of my MCL. I could run straight ahead fine and fast, but ANY lateral movement (side to side) felt like a needle being stabbed into my knee ligament...
I ran fine after that so
I do not believe in the thought that he is worthless for the rest of the year, Just dinged up for now!!!!
HE'LL BE FINE!!

For sure, he had the same injury in 07 (?) and came back fine after 3 weeks.

Dean Denton
09-16-2009, 08:19 PM
I ran fine after that so
HE'LL BE FINE!!

We'll see..Note to self...Not so many drinks when playing softball....lol