View Full Version : I NEED YOUR HELP!!!
09-10-2009, 01:15 PM
ATTENTION STEELERS NATION!
Do you believe that you are the Steelers #1 fan?
Do you bleed black and gold?
I NEED YOUR HELP!
I am a college student working on an article about how Steelers football is more than just a game but a lifestyle of fans both in Pittsburgh and around the country. I am looking for any interesting stories, rituals, etc. that pertain to the Steelers. The article will be placed in the university's magazine that will be dispersed throughout the city of Pittsburgh.
If interested, please reply to this thread so we can set up an interview.
Thanks for your help! GO STEELERS!!!! :tt02:
09-10-2009, 01:56 PM
Whooo Hooo!! I'll help ya!!
09-10-2009, 02:00 PM
09-10-2009, 02:25 PM
heck yeah, put me down. :cope:
09-10-2009, 06:37 PM
You can add me to the list!
09-10-2009, 08:49 PM
:welcome: I am in
09-11-2009, 11:23 AM
Ok Steelers fans.
Thank you all for replying to my thread!
In order to make the cut, I need you all to answer a couple questions:
1. Why do you believe Pittsburgh Steelers is more than just a game to the fans?
2. How long have you been a Steelers fan?
3. Do you have any rituals for the games?
4. What is your most memorable moment regarding the Steelers?
5. If the Steelers lose, what is the next day like for you?
6. Why are you a Steelers fan?
Thanks again for all of your help!
P.S. How about that win last night?!
09-11-2009, 11:29 AM
I don't think you need to interview me but . . . I was recently discussing with my cousin how the term "Go Stillers" is similar to "Aloha" or "Tchou" to Steelers Fans. We use it all the time with friends or strangers if we see a Steeler hat or shirt. It can be used to say hello, goodbye or just as a passing comment. It's not an invite to discuss or talk but it's OK if that does happen. Good luck with your article, sounds interesting and I'd like to make sure I read it when it's published. Can you let me know where to look for this? Thanks!
09-11-2009, 11:41 AM
That is really interesting. Living in Pittsburgh, I hear people say that everyday and never thought of it that way! To be honest, I think I might have said "Go Steelers" to about five people I didn't know yesterday during the pre-game festivities! If you don't mind, I would love to incorporate this into my article. Also, if you have any further information you would like to share feel free to contact me.
09-11-2009, 11:47 AM
1. The culture is nationwide. I've been to games in Baltimore, San Diego and LA that felt like home games because there were so many Steelers Fans there.
2. 1968-1969 something like that, I think Kent Nix was the quarterback then.
3. When I'm home I get out all the Steelers stuff, hard hat, Terrible Towels, Flag, Gnome, etc etc on game day. After the game I put it all away and wait for the next game. Going into the playoffs all the stuff is kept tucked away for "sanctification" and does not emerge until the Steelers are in the Super Bowl. Weird but it works.
4. Ben's two great passes at to Santonio Holmes at the end of the game last year. Makes me smile to think how perfect both those throws were and what a great catch Santonio made.
5. Day??? It's a long bad week . . .
6. How can anyone not love this team? They are a perfect microcosm of what makes Western Pennsylvanians the best people on earth. They work hard and make the most of their talent. The players are humble but tough. They have confidence in their skills and never back down. There is no feat they feel they can not achieve. Again, these are the same qualities of people from Pittsburgh and Western PA.
7. Another great TYPICAL Steelers win . . . did anyone think during the game they wouldn't get it done??
--- Added 9/11/2009 at 09:47 AM ---
I thought you might like that, it was a revelation to both my cousin and I when we realized we each do it . . . it's yours now so run with it.
10-05-2009, 11:12 PM
:welcome: enjoy the site :cope:
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0 Copyright © 2017 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.