PDA

View Full Version : REMINDER: 2008 Pittsburgh Steelers NFLN special

SteelCityKid5
09-09-2009, 08:36 PM
If your cable provider isn't cheap and you get the NFL Network, tonight is the premiere of "America's Game: 2008 Pittsburgh Steelers". It's from 9-10, it's gonna be a good one!

blackngold29
09-09-2009, 09:40 PM
Dang, stupid cheap cable. I've been watching the DVD set of last year's playoffs over the past few days. I'll probably finish up the Baltimore game tonight and try to sqeeze in the SB before tomorrow night.

LarryNJ
09-09-2009, 10:26 PM
I'm watching it now.. "It's a 5 star match up because we are in it!"

Blazedby92
09-09-2009, 11:33 PM

That's what I'm talkin about, I still have the chills.:tt02::cope::plus1:

LarryNJ
09-09-2009, 11:47 PM
I loved the part where Tomlin said he woke up in the middle of the night and put together a clip of their practice int. Than they practiced blocking on the run back. You could see them all running down field on Harrison's 100 yd return. Troy said that's why he's a great coach...I would have stayed in bed and slept! hahaha

Black@Gold Forever32
09-10-2009, 01:31 AM
I watched and I loved it....Was crying like a little girl watching all the great memories from last season.....Pittsburgh Stillers football is special to me since both of my parents are from Western, PA.....Plus my grandfather played for the Steelers.......

Forged in Steel
09-10-2009, 01:36 AM
The "Sticky Lombardi" part was pretty funny!

RIVERS OF STEEL
09-10-2009, 01:52 AM
http://www.justin.tv/sportsforu247 watch it now here

Zachintosh66
09-10-2009, 09:20 AM
truely awesome... it was nice to here about the little things like "sticky" and the INT "convoy" and "5 star"!

Callax
09-10-2009, 12:45 PM

I DVR'ed it last night and watched it this morning!!
LOVED IT
and made me a little late for work!!! LOL

I liked some of the insight to how Troy IS SOOOOO SOFT SPOKEN,
BUT IS SUCH A GREAT FOOTBALL PLAYER!!!!:helmet::clap:

I hope to see this again next year after out 7th SB Victory!!!

--- Added 9/10/2009 at 10:45 AM ---

I watched and I loved it....Was crying like a little girl watching all the great memories from last season.....Pittsburgh Stillers football is special to me since both of my parents are from Western, PA.....Plus my grandfather played for the Steelers.......

Who was your Grandfather??

Stlrs4Life
09-10-2009, 02:07 PM
Was a great show!

Ironman
09-10-2009, 02:17 PM
Like everyone else I was impressed, and at times, in tears of joy... but I really thought they left out a lot of the fundamental aspects of the '08 Steelers. No mentioning of Mewelde Moore, or Ike Taylor, rarely saw Heath Miller, no mention of Byron Leftwich, nothing at all on the punishing blows by Ryan Clark, I didn't even see Dick LeBeau, where was Larry Foote? As a totality, a true Steelers Addict would have at least mentioned these integral parts - now I know there's a time frame, but I saw a lot of aspects that were either completely omitted, or just ignored. But in the spirit of constructive criticism, I thought they did a good job portraying Steelers Nation as a unified, and indestructible force.

Zachintosh66
09-10-2009, 02:52 PM
Who is Larry Foote? :lol:

LatrobePA
09-10-2009, 03:00 PM
I got done watching it and found myself asking, is it possible to LOVE this team any more???

As a young kid growing up in Latrobe and spending time with many of the players at the local pizza joint down the road from the college! I got to know Keith Willis on a personal basis (just one that pops in my mind)....This show was second best to that!

Back then it wasn't a big deal. My mother waited on Bradshaw at a drug store she worked at, my oldest bro bagged his groceries.

Troyisabeast_43
09-10-2009, 04:14 PM

I also loved the parts where Tomlin talked about how the offense after all they had been through all season long being criticized having a game-winning drive to win the Super Bowl was football justice, and how when Troy was talking about during the AFC Championship game that it would have been a nice story for the Ravens to come back and win 17-16 with a FG after the two close losses they have had this year, and then he said but it didnt happen that way. That was just awesome the way it came out of Troy's mouth...

SteelCityKid5
09-10-2009, 05:11 PM
Like everyone else I was impressed, and at times, in tears of joy... but I really thought they left out a lot of the fundamental aspects of the '08 Steelers. No mentioning of Mewelde Moore, or Ike Taylor, rarely saw Heath Miller, no mention of Byron Leftwich, nothing at all on the punishing blows by Ryan Clark, I didn't even see Dick LeBeau, where was Larry Foote? As a totality, a true Steelers Addict would have at least mentioned these integral parts - now I know there's a time frame, but I saw a lot of aspects that were either completely omitted, or just ignored. But in the spirit of constructive criticism, I thought they did a good job portraying Steelers Nation as a unified, and indestructible force.

It's called the NFL Network not the Steelers Network.. America's Game is a series for football fans in general not just us diehards. That's why it wasn't as in depth.

Ironman
09-10-2009, 05:52 PM
It's called the NFL Network not the Steelers Network.. America's Game is a series for football fans in general not just us diehards. That's why it wasn't as in depth.

Well to be honest, if you have the NFL Network, you are in most cases paying extra $ to watch a program designed for diehard football fans who need more then just ESPN or other resources to get their fix. And I'm almost positive this is the same NFL Network that provides very detailed, and in depth analysis for diehard football fans everyday, 365 days a year. Now I understand where you are coming from, but I guess I was just expecting too much.

Next year, we'll get together, and make a perfect rendition :cope: That, or we should definitely lobby for a Steelers Network: America's Team.