PDA

View Full Version : My Concerns For Thursdays Game

BlackGold4vr
09-08-2009, 02:39 PM
I have no concerns for the defense or special teams. I know they will play well. My main area of concern is for the offense. We cannot afford to have another one of those games with token runs on 1st and 2nd downs with a 1.2 yard average. We need to gain some yards on 1st and 2nd downs to keep out of those 3rd and longs. I realize there will be some but we cannot expect great success if our run game cannot even average 3 yards a carry. Willie's MO as our starting RB is 15 carries for 20 yards and then 1 carry for 50 or 60 yards. His average ends up looking like he was productive yet we were forced into many 3rd and longs because of his mostly short gains. Hopefully Rashard will help out in that area. Tennessee will be a good test for our offense. :2cents:

LatrobePA
09-08-2009, 02:50 PM
TN will crowd the line and put even pressure to try and force us to be 1 dimensional. They will blitz more to try and upset the line. This is where we need to be sharp, give Ben time to throw or play the dink and dunk.

My concern is on D some what, they have to stop the run and make Collins beat us throwing, we must force 3rd and longs and get pressure. I think the 12th man will play a huge roll in our success.

TampaSteelGirl
09-08-2009, 03:04 PM
My concern is the O-line protecting Ben, making some decent holes for the RB's get thru. Willie and Mendy both need a good hole, Moore does pretty good making a bust for a crack in the Oline so i'm not worried about him but it seems Willie and Mendy both can't run thru a wet paper bag right now. Sweed should be ok, getting more confidence, he shouldn't be an issue.

NOt too many concerns on the D side but would like to see them blitz Collins more, they need to put the fear of Silverback into him!! :yellowthumb:
I would love to see Troy pick Collins off a few times. Love to see Harrison make White eat some of that PA dirt!! :clap:

Callax
09-08-2009, 03:05 PM
I have no concerns for the defense or special teams. I know they will play well. My main area of concern is for the offense. We cannot afford to have another one of those games with token runs on 1st and 2nd downs with a 1.2 yard average. We need to gain some yards on 1st and 2nd downs to keep out of those 3rd and longs. I realize there will be some but we cannot expect great success if our run game cannot even average 3 yards a carry. Willie's MO as our starting RB is 15 carries for 20 yards and then 1 carry for 50 or 60 yards. His average ends up looking like he was productive yet we were forced into many 3rd and longs because of his mostly short gains. Hopefully Rashard will help out in that area. Tennessee will be a good test for our offense. :2cents:

It seems the MO for either team to win is very similar:
stopping the other team's ability to run, get the opposition into 3rd and longs; pressure the QB, force early throws often, force mistakes (turnovers) and make little mistakes on offense.

WE have the advantage:
home field
better return game and (hopefully) better punter
let's see where this goes.....

K Train
09-08-2009, 03:41 PM
im calling a blowout

LatrobePA
09-08-2009, 03:45 PM
im calling a blowout

I'm siding with train, I have a feeling Batch will be in B4 the 3rd Q...

cmerrifield
09-08-2009, 04:18 PM
I am calling a TD from a kick or punt return in the 1st Quarter.

SteelerSteve
09-08-2009, 04:31 PM
im calling a blowoutI'm going to agree with that but mostly because it seems like the last couple seasons have produced quite a few early season blowouts before we level off for a while lol.

LatrobePA
09-08-2009, 04:37 PM
I am calling a TD from a kick or punt return in the 1st Quarter.

Lets hope from a punt! :tt02:

cmerrifield
09-08-2009, 04:54 PM
Lets hope from a punt! :tt02:

I meant opening kickoff of course :tt02:

UKSTEELER
09-08-2009, 06:25 PM
It'll be good start, Airhead nocks together a couple of nice planned drives the night before, to set us up . . . .

for the usual fall . . .

Titans get back into it as the 3 and outs start to pile up, as Airhead runs up the middle and out of ideas . . .

In desperation, Ben lays Airhead low with a left uppercut, runs into the huddle and calls the plays that lead us to another exciting victory!

Yep, my major concern to continued Superbowl success, Brucey Airhead Arians!!

SteelerRush
09-08-2009, 08:32 PM
My concern is we try to run the ball when we are not having any success with it. We should start out pass happy and jump a lead. Get them on there heals and then grind the clock while they are playing catch up. Our receivers should be able to beat the coverage on a consistent basis while we leave a running back in to help protect Big Ben.

I am not concerned with the defense. They know we got man handled last year and it still sticks in there minds plus we had a lot of players who were banged up. I see the defense making a statement to the rest of the NFL in this game.:helmet::cope::tt02:

Steelers 28
Titans 17

Lunchbucket
09-08-2009, 10:01 PM
I think we will win,that said, my concern is O Line(can they protect Ben and open some running lanes?) ,controlling Titan running game and of course injuries.What I am excited to see is Special team play( that has greatly improved )and Le Beau's D.

blackngold29
09-08-2009, 11:50 PM
The point about running a punt or kickoff back is a good one; that's an underrated part of the Steeers's game right now because nobody has really had to worry about covering it for a few years. Could, and should, lead to some very exciting plays.

O-line is once again the biggest worry until they prove themselves, but that being said they aren't a huge worry. I mean we're comparing them to the best D in the league.

Fox will have to step up, but I see no reason to doubt him.

Black@Gold Forever32
09-09-2009, 12:28 AM
First play throw it deep to Sweed, Holmes, Wallace....really don't give a flying ****...Just chuck it deep and send a message to the Titans early that crowding the line isn't going to work this time.....Also no damn turn overs.....Really the Steelers beat themselves last year against the Titans.....So Ben play smart and avoid the turn over and the Steelers should win this game.......

Oh Stop Chris Johnson and the Titans won't stand a chance......**** on Lendale the over-rated *** clown....lol

Bigsnacks
09-09-2009, 12:35 AM
So long as everyone is healthy they'll be fine winning this game.

Silverback
09-09-2009, 01:24 AM
I just pray someone puts a hurt on white.

steelcitysfinestXL
09-09-2009, 08:15 AM
My concern is Chris Johnson and Chris Johnson only! The titans d is nothing we can't handle as long as ben doesn't complete any passes to Griffin. And we can't allow them to get pressure while only rushing four dl! I'm with k and I've been calling a route since about June! 31-17 steelers break it open in the second and don't look back!

memphissteelergirl
09-09-2009, 10:05 AM
I just pray someone puts a hurt on white.

What he said.

My concerns:
1. O-line
2. Penalties...if we play sloppy and undisciplined, we'll give TN too many chances to win.

BlacknGold Bleeder
09-09-2009, 10:15 AM
Hard to get a read on it so early in season but the STEELERS will win !!!:tt02::tt02: THat being said, I'm hoping to see a a hurting put on White, then the post game excuses...

LatrobePA
09-09-2009, 12:39 PM
My main concerm - Max Starks!

weare43fans
09-09-2009, 01:19 PM
Tennessee is not a team to be taken for granted. Jeff Fisher knows our system very well and everytime we face Tennessee, he has the Titans ready. The number one key for a Steelers win is simple. Don't turn the ball over. We had four turnovers last year at Tennessee and they had none. Game over.

The Titans also know that Ben is at his best when he is outside the pocket so they gameplan to keep him in the pocket better than any team we play. We need to game plan some runs to the outside, quick passes, WR screens, and even roll the pocket to the right to counter their defensive scheme. Ben bounces back against teams after he has had a bad game and I see him have one of his best games in recent memory with the best stat, no turnovers.

The OL gets beat up alot and this is the game they can show they can get the job done. They need to get FWP 125 yards and two touchdowns. Then then need to keep Ben upright. If we give up less than three sacks and rush for 150 or more yards, I am happy.

Our defense needs to shut down their running game which has a great one-two punch. I feel our turnovers hurt our Defense last year and contributed to Tennessee having success with the run. I also look forward to seeing Hampton in on some 3rd downs to stop some runs that most teams try when he is on the sideline.

Our special teams is going to be a difference maker across the board. We will pin the Titans back in poor field position with every punt ad Logan will make them pay everytime they punt the ball. Logan will make three big plays that each setup the Steelers inside Tennessee territory to start the drive. Of course he may just put up six himself.

The 12th man will be the final difference in the game. The fans memory of the Terrible Towel, blowing their noses and cleaning their cleats is going to add extra fuel to the crowd. I can see fans in the stands having a Terrible Towel in one hand and bowing their noses in a Titans Towel just for the fun of it.

Of course we could have the worst game in recent history and come away with a win and I will still be happy. The best thing about tomorrow night is that the Steelers are playing football and I love to watch them. That is the gift this team gives to me no matter what happens. Go Steelers!!!

Jackie :helmet:

:tt02:

:cope:

:yellowthumb:

:clap:

Moondog
09-10-2009, 02:59 PM
^ What Jackie said ^

TerribleTowel=TP
09-10-2009, 03:11 PM
I have few concerns thursday. You all seem to underestimate the Titans defense. We have 2 probowl corners and a dline that had no trouble sacking big ben multiple times last year when we met. It's not going to be a blowout like a lot of you think. We are returning all but two on a team that blew you out. Homefield is going to be big though.

17-13 Titans.

JensK
09-10-2009, 03:26 PM
I have few concerns thursday. You all seem to underestimate the Titans defense. We have 2 probowl corners and a dline that had no trouble sacking big ben multiple times last year when we met. It's not going to be a blowout like a lot of you think. We are returning all but two on a team that blew you out. Homefield is going to be big though.

17-13 Titans.

You know, if we are to use last season as how this season will go, im all about it. Hell, i wouldnt care one bit if we loose tonight, because i know who'll host that shiny Lombardy when the season is over, and it sure as hell won't be Titans...

Seriously, Steelers played the second worst game last season against Titans. Titans needs credit for that, but 4 turnovers, all on ben is just terrible.. That won't happen tonight. We are returning a defence which is stronger than last year (it would appear), which statistically dominated Titans in all major categories, and our Offence looks more promissing than last year. Oh and.. there'll be 65000 mad men with towels all over the place >.>

LatrobePA
09-10-2009, 03:32 PM

17-13 Titans.

Titans = http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:6GclrUNrzYRCJM:http://www.profootballtalk.com/LenWhaleTraining.jpg

Funny thing is after tonights game this fag will be done posting on our forums, just like the other trolls that come out of the wood work...

TerribleTowel=TP
09-10-2009, 03:37 PM
Ya true , but I'll be back when we face you again in the playoffs. And I guess you didn't see it, LenWhale White lost 30-40 pounds in the offseason......

TampaSteelGirl
09-10-2009, 03:57 PM

17-13 Titans.

MOst of the reason you got to Ben so many times is because our Oline blew! Our Oline is more gelled this year, they were looking good by the end of the year last year so I think it will be harder to get to Ben this year, not saying it can't/won't happen but I think our line is getting better with time.

Eh not worried about your D however, you should be worried about ours.....:hehheh:

cmerrifield
09-10-2009, 04:13 PM
listen, Essex is an huge upgrade over Stapleton, so already are line will be able to handle the titans DT's better, Colon is also tons better and parker is healthy. Also, not the same team. The Steelers have added more weapons and our special teams are night and day. We will see what happens when there are real returners and a real punter in for this game.

TampaSteelGirl
09-10-2009, 04:16 PM
listen, Essex is an huge upgrade over Stapleton, so already are line will be able to handle the titans DT's better, Colon is also tons better and parker is healthy. Also, not the same team. The Steelers have added more weapons and our special teams are night and day. We will see what happens when there are real returners and a real punter in for this game.

Oohh Amen on that special teams comment!!! I can't wait to see Logan running in for the 6!!! :tt02:

Also soo good to have Sep back!!! Breath of fresh air!! We are even better than next year, everyone better watch out!

LatrobePA
09-10-2009, 04:42 PM
Ya true , but I'll be back when we face you again in the playoffs. And I guess you didn't see it, LenWhale White lost 30-40 pounds in the offseason......

My point exacty, that was last year! This is 09 not 08 that **** is in the past, just like Whites lard ***.

Get over what happened last year, this is a clean slate, we are both undefeated!

TampaSteelGirl
09-10-2009, 04:54 PM
All i have to say is just becuase he lost weight doesn't mean his performance will be any better...He's just acting like T.O and Ochostinko...he needs some kind of attention brought to him....Poor ole soul....:grin1:

BlackGold4vr
09-11-2009, 01:28 AM

This is what you get with a ragtag bunch of O-lineman. No holes and at times horrible protection. Ben caused a couple of the sacks but if this is the kind of O-line play we can expect it could be a long season.

1.6 YARDS PER CARRY AINT GONNA GET IT DONE!

Moondog
09-11-2009, 01:36 AM
I personally think the Steelers need to accept that they can not run the ball. I know that's sacreligious in a town like Pittsburgh, but it's true. They need to start setting up the run with the pass. The current Steelers have a better chance of being more productive if they turn into a quick tempo aerial circus. Bottom line.