PDA

View Full Version : Steelers don't make headlines, they win SBs

blackngold29
09-07-2009, 03:43 AM
Full article: Steelers still not a sexy pick (http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_641817.html) by John Harris of Pittsburgh Tribune-Review

"We're not the fun team. We're not going to give you the headlines. I guess because of that, people don't respect us," Steelers free safety Ryan Clark said. "All we did was go 12-4 with supposedly one of the hardest schedules in a long time and won the Super Bowl."

Opinions were formed this offseason with players from opposing teams telling Clark the Steelers won't repeat.

"We don't have the Chad (Ochocincos) and Ray Lewises, the guys they say are superstars. James Harrison is the defensive MVP, but that's still not talked about. People still say it should have been (Dallas') DeMarcus Ware. I don't think they view our guys as stars," Clark said. "It's like no matter what a guy on this team accomplishes, it's always a negative.

"You don't read about us on Twitter. Nobody here tweeting about the (cafeteria) food. We're very uninteresting. It's the way we're built we're built like the town we play in. We come to work every day and just carry our lunch pails. I think that's why people look at us and say we're not that good."

What the Steelers have done better than any team is win Super Bowls.

I'll trade a happy off-season and a new Lombardi Trophy for a leading headline on SportSCenter any day. Keep at it guys!

DanRooney
09-07-2009, 03:51 AM
That's the Steeler way. Everytime I hear guys ranting about the next Superbowl contenders (Patriots, Eagles, Vikings), I just chuckle and move on.

Scorp
09-07-2009, 03:08 PM
F-ck the rest. It's always about the Steelers and always has been and always will be baby. The more Super Bowls we win the more headlines we'll make anyway. Sick and tired of the jealous haters. F-ck ya'll. Black and Gold forever. It's the only way.

SteelerSteve
09-07-2009, 03:22 PM
Well, I'm not gonna lie. Even though the media is pretty idiotic, I still get all excited on the rare occasion I get the chance to read some good coverage on the steelers, but its true. The media loves flashy, and I guess no matter how great the steelers accomplishments get, I think they will never be the "sexy" pick for the superbowl. Its almost like the media likes pretty stats and high profile trades more than it likes winning come to think of it, honestly what have you heard more of? things like Chad on twitter and T.O. getting traded or coverage on pitt's sixth superbowl win?

Troyisabeast_43
09-07-2009, 10:42 PM
It's fine you are already seeing it on the NFL Network and ESPN and other stations giving the Steelers no respect and talking about the normal teams they want to win such as the Patriots,Dallas,Philly,San Diego you name it. It's okay because much like last year when nobody talked about the Steelers early on in the year when they started out good by seasons end when they are playing for another Lombardi Trophy they will be talking about them and that's really all that matters in the end...

TampaSteelGirl
09-08-2009, 03:11 PM
That's the Steeler way. Everytime I hear guys ranting about the next Superbowl contenders (Patriots, Eagles, Vikings), I just chuckle and move on.

Me to buddy...me too..No matter how many trophies we have we will never get the respect, who needs it. We'll keep winning, we dont' need it...we have the greatest fans ever and the Steeler Nation keeps getting bigger and bigger tha'ts all the recognition we need!!! :tt02: