PDA

View Full Version : Steelers name six captains, including Ward, Farrior, Harrison

SteelerSal
09-06-2009, 05:53 PM
Steelers name six captains, including Ward, Farrior, Harrison

By Scott Brown
TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Sunday, September 6, 2009
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt...nt_641885.html

Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, wide receiver Hines Ward, inside linebacker James Farrior and kicker Jeff Reed will again serve as captains for the Steelers.

Joining them as captains this season are outside linebacker James Harrison, the reigning NFL Defensive Player of the Year, and inside linebacker Keyaron Fox, who will represent the Steelers' special teams along with Reed.

The Steelers announced the captains today after practice.
------------------------------------------------------

I have a feeling we will see alot of Fox next to Farrior this season.

HUNT4SEVEN
09-06-2009, 07:56 PM
We have six great captains:clap: Now let's go rally the troops an bring home number seven:tt02:

Sir Blitzelot
09-06-2009, 09:56 PM
All are much deserved. :clap:

blackngold29
09-07-2009, 12:50 AM
Well, I guess the whole voting them captains last season turned out pretty well. No need to change anything.

SteelerSteve
09-07-2009, 06:17 PM
are we the only team in the league with a kicker for a captain?? isn't that kinda wierd?

BlitzburghRockCity
09-08-2009, 08:21 AM
are we the only team in the league with a kicker for a captain?? isn't that kinda wierd?

Considering what Jeff Reed has done for this team since that seemingly uneventful day at Heinz so long ago when he first tried out and made the team I'd say it's a pretty fair guess that they are quite happy to have him as a captain.

Steelers_All_Day_43
09-10-2009, 03:20 PM
Congrats! Everyone on the list deserves it. Im surprised Polamalu didnt get one though.