PDA

View Full Version : Steelers re-sign Redman

SteelCityKid5
09-06-2009, 01:57 PM
Steelers sign Redman to practice squad
Sunday, September 06, 2009
By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
Rookie running back Isaac Redman cleared waivers and the Steelers signed him this afternoon to their eight-man practice squad.
Redman was the surprise hit of the preseason. He led the Steelers in scoring with three rushing touchdowns and also with 145 yards rushing. In nine chances over two live goal-line drills in training camp practices, he scored seven times.
He quickly picked up the nickname "Redzone" Redman but when the Steelers kept just four running backs, down one from last season, Redman was released on Saturday.
No one else claimed him and he joined seven others on their practice squad.
Among others on their practice squad are center A.Q. Shipley, defensive end Sonny Harris -- both draft picks this year -- rookie defensive tackle Steve McLendon, running back Justin Vincent, tight end Dezmond Sherrod and rookie wide receiver Tyler Grisham.
Ed Bouchette can be reached at ebou

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09249/996099-100.stm#ixzz0QLXTNhIA

I think I speak for a lot of SA when I say, phew! Thank God

TEEMONT
09-06-2009, 01:59 PM
John Kuhn V2

SteelerSal
09-06-2009, 02:43 PM
Sonny Harris just got sooped up by the Panthers.

Defensive end Sonny Harris, the Steelers' sixth-round draft pick, was poised to sign to their practice squad when he was told the Carolina Panthers had claimed him off waivers. He said goodbye to his former teammates in the locker room.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09249/996099-66.stm#ixzz0QLab4xS5

Dude487
09-06-2009, 02:53 PM
John Kuhn V2

Kuhn is a starter for green bay. Redman will never be a starter, barring injury

good depth though

But having both vincent and redman puzzles me. Redman is better than vincent, that I can say

Sonny Harris just got sooped up by the Panthers.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09249/996099-66.stm#ixzz0QLab4xS5

DAMMIT!! The one player I didn't want to lose

but well, he's good as a 3-4 DE, was a good 4-3 DT in college, he should replace maake kemoeatu this season. A starting job for a 6th round pick and not on the team that drafted him. Good for him

good luck harris :cope:

Zachintosh66
09-06-2009, 03:27 PM
Vincent must be really smart and/or have really good work ethic. They like him for some reason.

Sucks we lost Harris.

Lots of moves, trades happening right now acrossed... interesting stuff

TEEMONT
09-06-2009, 03:49 PM
Kuhn is a starter for green bay. Redman will never be a starter, barring injury

good depth though

But having both vincent and redman puzzles me. Redman is better than vincent, that I can say

Kuhn is a starting FB in green bay, that Steeler fans drooled over as a Rb while he was here....

Big T
09-06-2009, 04:07 PM
I extremely disappointed that we couldn't hang on to Sonny Harris. He has so much potential to be a great 3-4 end. Damn.

BlackGold4vr
09-06-2009, 04:40 PM
I extremely disappointed that we couldn't hang on to Sonny Harris. He has so much potential to be a great 3-4 end. Damn.

Yeah, it sucks to lose him but lets be honest, he was so far down the depth chart it could have been several years before he got his chance and even then wouldn't we have drafted several more by then? This is good for him. He is getting a chance NOW instead of years later with no guarantees. Ziggy is the next DE replacement and I'm okay with that. He looked pretty good in the pre-season and Aaron Smith sings high praises for him. Thats good enough for me. Our own players think he's gonna be great and our coaches think he's gonna be great.....I'll take their word for it! :yesnod:

steelcityrockers
09-06-2009, 04:49 PM
Well, it isn't likely that would outright say that their first round draft pick sucks.

Zachintosh66
09-06-2009, 05:17 PM
We signed Woods to PS! That makes me happy!

SteelerSal
09-06-2009, 05:40 PM
We signed Woods to PS! That makes me happy!

Here's te link, Zach. :yellowthumb:

http://kdka.com/steelers/Steelers.practice.squad.2.1167507.html

BlackGold4vr
09-06-2009, 06:29 PM
Well, it isn't likely that would outright say that their first round draft pick sucks.

The coaches might feel obligated to sing his praises but the players don't have to. What have you seen with your own eyes? I thought he (Ziggy) looked pretty good this pre-season. When we first picked him I wasn't so crazy about the pick but he has grown on me as I have watched him play. :yesnod:

I wanted Eric Wood C from Louisville but the Bill moved up and snagged him before we got to pick. I still believe he will be a great center in the league, just won't be for us!

Steelerlyn
09-06-2009, 06:59 PM
I am glad to hear redman is back.......

steelcityrockers
09-06-2009, 08:54 PM
The coaches might feel obligated to sing his praises but the players don't have to. What have you seen with your own eyes? I thought he (Ziggy) looked pretty good this pre-season. When we first picked him I wasn't so crazy about the pick but he has grown on me as I have watched him play. :yesnod:

I wanted Eric Wood C from Louisville but the Bill moved up and snagged him before we got to pick. I still believe he will be a great center in the league, just won't be for us!

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm still not fond of that pick either but he really hasn't looked all that bad against lesser competition. I was just playing devil's advocate.

K Train
09-06-2009, 08:57 PM
hood looked good as a pass rusher, but we knew that. he looks weak in the run game, ive seen shipley blow him off the ball, thats just embarassing

lloydfan4life
09-06-2009, 09:56 PM
I am glad to hear redman is back.......

make that two of us! :yellowthumb:

LatrobePA
09-06-2009, 10:52 PM
A lot of Redman haters as well as lovers out here, I personally think the team will need him this year! Parker will be the man, but I question his durability.

This will give Mendy a BU!

steelcityrockers
09-06-2009, 11:02 PM
It's not that people hate Redman, it's just that we don't see him as a sort of Demi-God.