PDA

View Full Version : Patriot's trade

SteelerAllDay
09-06-2009, 01:02 PM
Just putting it out there, don't get me wrong. I am big Hampton fan and want to see him retire a Steeler but could the Steelers do a similar deal with Hampton. Same nfl experience as Seymour and just as important to a d-line. First rd pick in 2011?:thinking:

BlackGold4vr
09-06-2009, 01:23 PM
Just putting it out there, don't get me wrong. I am big Hampton fan and want to see him retire a Steeler but could the Steelers do a similar deal with Hampton. Same nfl experience as Seymour and just as important to a d-line. First rd pick in 2011?:thinking:

This is just plain ignorance. Casey Hampton is the anchor and immovable object in the middle of our defense that allows our linebackers to be so awesome. Why would a team that is considered one of the favorites to get back to the superbowl mortgage its chances now for opportunities in the future? That is a dumb idea! Who would take his place? Chris Hoke? Chris Hoke like Charlie Batch is just a servicable back-up. Our defense would take a huge step backwards with such a move! :yesnod:

Big T
09-06-2009, 01:42 PM
No...I will pretend I didn't see this.

SteelerSal
09-06-2009, 01:50 PM
This is just plain ignorance. Casey Hampton is the anchor and immovable object in the middle of our defense that allows our linebackers to be so awesome. Why would a team that is considered one of the favorites to get back to the superbowl mortgage its chances now for opportunities in the future? That is a dumb idea! Who would take his place? Chris Hoke? Chris Hoke like Charlie Batch is just a servicable back-up. Our defense would take a huge step backwards with such a move! :yesnod:

Agree. No defensive tackle, on the roster, even comes close to what Hampton does for the team. Without Hampton in the center, our MLB's will get swalowed up and that would leave a big hole in the center of the defense.

Dude487
09-06-2009, 02:48 PM
Read up on what an NT does to this defense, then propose the steelers should trade him

Some people should just think before talking :rolleyes:

Big snack isn't going nowhere. The steelers should resign him next year if they can't draft a new NT

K Train
09-06-2009, 02:52 PM
he wont be a steeler next year

Gettysburgh_Steel
09-06-2009, 03:22 PM
Hampton leaves , and then what ? I have backed up "Snack Man" for a long time .
What he brings to our whole defense is create a situation where the o-line virtually lose two of their blockers on any given play .
That allows our defense to do a lot of the things they do . It would not be the wisest move to let" big snack" walk just yet .

SteelerAllDay
09-06-2009, 03:31 PM
Read up on what an NT does to this defense, then propose the steelers should trade him

Some people should just think before talking :rolleyes:

Big snack isn't going nowhere. The steelers should resign him next year if they can't draft a new NT

Dude, maybe you should read as much as I should think. Didn't I preceed my statement saying I'm a big Hampton fan. I was just putting it out there to see what interesting opinions I'd get back. Obviously none. Hampton is going into this 9th season. I agree that good NT are hard to come by although the Steelers seem to do a good job of acquiring them. At some point you need to start grooming someone to take over or do you think this idea is crazy as well. These types of guys are normally found at the end of rounds.

--- Added 9/6/2009 at 01:29 PM ---

Plain ignorance is considering this mortgaging our chances now. Haven't we won two super bowls in last four years. You make it sound like its now or never with this bunch. YOO HOO, we are the champs. Its obvious that statements like I am stupid are best responses I can get. Nevermind. Hope we can find a replacement eventually down the road..................at the end of the rounds. GOOD LUCK.

--- Added 9/6/2009 at 01:31 PM ---

Ok then, now we are talking. K, although I love the big man, shouldn't we try to get something for him before we just let him walk away?

CNY_STEELER_FAN
09-06-2009, 04:06 PM

If next season is uncapped, we'll have 1 franchise tag and 2 transition tags (http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80864e15&template=with-video&confirm=true) and a lot less UFA's.

So, it's not impossible he's a Steeler next year, but I agree with K Train in that we don't have a track record of holding veterans against their wills if they want to go and Hampton seems to want a Raiders or Redskins sized paycheck.

But, who's gonna replace Hamp if we let him go?

SteelerSal
09-06-2009, 04:24 PM
If next season is uncapped, we'll have 1 franchise tag and 2 transition tags (http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80864e15&template=with-video&confirm=true) and a lot less UFA's.

So, it's not impossible he's a Steeler next year, but I agree with K Train in that we don't have a track record of holding veterans against their wills if they want to go and Hampton seems to want a Raiders or Redskins sized paycheck.

But, who's gonna replace Hamp if we let him go?

This is an area in the draft that needed to be addressed the past few years just for when this time arises.
Maybe scouts are scouring the CFL for that diamond in the rough nose tackle? LOL

Black@Gold Forever32
09-06-2009, 05:50 PM
Noway the Steelers trade an anchor of the 3-4 defense when they have a great shot at repeating......Hoke is a solid replacement and the Steelers were fine as him as the starter back in 2004 when Hampton was lost for the season but ok if the Steelers did trade Hampton and let Hoke start then there would be some serious depth concerns.....

I agree is sucks to maybe lose Hampton with nothing in return but I rather keep this team intact and make another run at a Lombardi then trade an important cog like Hampton just to get something in return.....Even if the Steelers did get a first round pick its not for certain that first round pick would even pan out.....

XLJohn
09-06-2009, 07:09 PM
NNNNNNNNNNNNNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA Aint going to happen

Zachintosh66
09-06-2009, 07:45 PM
maybee redman can play nose? he is the savior right?

TEEMONT
09-06-2009, 07:49 PM

**** I dont see why not....

HUNT4SEVEN
09-06-2009, 08:48 PM
No...I will pretend I didn't see this.

:haha: AGREED!!:evilshake:

K Train
09-06-2009, 08:49 PM
i would trade hampton....i hate how the patriots keep getting better, they robbed the raiders.

if we could get the broncos or chiefs first round pick for hampton id be all over that

aaronsmith91
09-06-2009, 10:07 PM
the steelers have been playing alot of 2 linemen formations. I know it is primarily for pass rushing situations but maybe they will build off that or think hoke can play well enough on 1st and 2nd down. or they will play more of a 4-3 maybe

steelcityrockers
09-06-2009, 11:05 PM

You win.

Zachintosh66
09-06-2009, 11:09 PM
or they will play more of a 4-3 maybe

too funny! :hilarious:

Zachintosh66
09-07-2009, 11:43 AM
BACK TO THE THREAD AT HAND

Everyone is picking the Pats...

They are still a good team but, I dont think they are where everyone wants them to be. Last year their D lost people and this year they lost even more on defense. Richard and Teddy werent just pro-bowlers they were leaders. The talent is easier to make up than the leadership.

Brady is coming off a major injury. Yeah hes "Brady". But still most people arent 100% the very next year, usually takes a full year back to be where the once were. Granted they have a high-powered offense. Which is in his favor. But havent really had a run game for how many years now?

They are in a sorry *** divison. Jets have no Offense, Bills have no D or QB, Mia could either be 6-10 or 10-6. I think 3 of our 4 teams in our div could challenge winning their div if swapped (us, balt and cin). So if the Pats win their div, its basically by default.

greg1964
09-08-2009, 11:13 AM
Some on Steelers fans: I love Hampton in the middle of this defrense, but the world (or the Steelers defrense) will not colapse if (when) he is gone: I remember 2005 season when Big Snack was lost for MOST of the season with a knee injury. and Hoke help them go 15-1. Do I think Hampton makes them a better team (Especially against the run) but Hoke, could handle the job just fine. Besides, with the depth at DE A. Smith could play inside from time to time to give Hoke a break.

As far as Hampton with the Steelers next year: If he is looking for Haynesworth, Rodgers type money, it was nice knowing you. But if he wants to contunie to play for a winner, and signs for around 5 mil per year. Sign him up.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-08-2009, 11:29 AM
Sure it would be great to have a high round draft pick for Hamp but you know there's no way that would make any sense given the fact that we have nobody to step in and play to the caliber he can right now. The DL has been ignored for a number of years now and had we put in some new, young, talented, blood, into that group for depth then we could have a leg to stand on with giving up Hamp right now. Be that as it may he is our best chance at NT to help us get back to the SB this year.

Callax
09-08-2009, 12:01 PM
I think the raiders over paid for Seymour..
He's good, but not that good...
Plus, I hate to see the pats get another draft pick, but I hope their defense goes to crap
I'D LOVE THAT !!!!

SteelersWoman
09-08-2009, 01:21 PM

**** I dont see why not....

He scored 3 out of the 5 rushing TDs and was also the leading rusher from preseason. His play was impressive as a rookie, and it's kind of hard to not notice. People on here that like Redman are just acknowledging what he did and are happy for every yard and every TD he got.

I saw potential to be special. By special, I mean get that extra yard to move the chains, or get into the endzone.

That doesn't mean that any of us think he can take all 53 spots (which is just beyond silly), or that he's the next HOF'er.

For all any of us know he COULD be the next John Kuhn, but none of us can see what he's done to warrant those types of put downs yet.