PDA

View Full Version : NFL.com Voters Still Not Sold on Ben?

DanRooney
09-03-2009, 07:30 AM
http://www.nfl.com/

Which QB would you want behind center for a must-score drive in the final minutes of a game?

13%
Ben Roethlisberger
32%
Tom Brady
30%
Peyton Manning
9%
Drew Brees
16%
Someone else

Peyton Manning? Seriously? The guy that chokes in vital situations time and time again? The guy that is one-and-done 7 out of the 9 times he's been in the playoffs? This is the guy you want to have develop a tying score in the closing minutes of the game?

He's a career choker and it's been well documented. I still have visions of him failing miserably after being handed the game in the 2005 divisonal round. Also, losing and getting owned by the Chargers secondary over and over again. The only time he's won a championship was when his defense got a spark in the playoffs; not to mention his two runningbacks getting 113 and 77 yards, respectively, in the SB game. I can understand Brady, at least. But come on NFL fans. People are too enamored by fantasy stats and oreo commercials and can't see that Ben is probably the clutchest QB in the league. Forget all of the comeback drives, the man has the best 3rd down completion percentage since he's been in the league, which is THE BEST stat that any quarterback can have. It's not only clutch, but keeps the offense on the field and wins us time of posssession battles.

I can't wait for Roethlisberger to prove the critics wrong this year. No more strong defenses week in and week out. You would think his SB game winning drive would change something...

Oh and vote for Ben :yellowthumb:

cmerrifield
09-03-2009, 07:40 AM
I would vote for Manning if it were a regular season game, just not a playoff game. Peyton Manning is the best regular season QB in the NFL. I would vote for Ben if it were a playoff game.

steelers4life66
09-03-2009, 07:49 AM
Put Peyton and Tom behind that weak ace o-line we had last year 4 one season then come talk 2 me. :lol:

LatrobePA
09-03-2009, 08:54 AM
Who cares what the voters say! They all wish they had him on their team!

Sir Blitzelot
09-03-2009, 09:12 AM
Ben has proved time and again he is a winner, and no poll on NFL.com will change my opinion.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-03-2009, 09:44 AM
Who cares what the voters say! They all wish they had him on their team!

and they all wish they had his 2 super bowl rings as well!

LatrobePA
09-03-2009, 10:33 AM
and they all wish they had his 2 super bowl rings as well!

Yes sir!

igor0190
09-03-2009, 11:17 AM
Peyton crumbles to the ground when someone so much as breathes on him.
Ben is one of a kind and there's nobody else in the league who can escape pressure like he does. (Except Mcnabb maybe). God I hate how everyone sucks up to Peyton, he's good but still extremely overrated at the same time.

Blazedby92
09-03-2009, 12:09 PM
Peyton crumbles to the ground when someone so much as breathes on him.
Ben is one of a kind and there's nobody else in the league who can escape pressure like he does. (Except Mcnabb maybe). God I hate how everyone sucks up to Peyton, he's good but still extremely overrated at the same time.

Well you should come to pony country and have to deal with it. Every year they are going to the Superbowl because they think that everybody on that team is the best at their position, you should hear it this year. I guess I do enjoy the end of the year when I see their bubble got busted especially the 2005 season, Man that felt GOOD. Most of them didn't even root for the ponys until peyton started to win games anyway, some don't even know their last quarterback that got them to the playoffs.
When they ask me if the Steelers will make it to the Superbowl and laugh I just tell them we'll make it if the colts are in the playoffs since we have beat them twice now to get to the bowl, should have been three times.

TampaSteelGirl
09-03-2009, 02:31 PM
Don't give a chit what they say....Ben has 2 SB rings, how many does Peyton have? :bunny:

ejsteeler
09-03-2009, 03:17 PM
Trying hard not to look through my homer glasses, I believe I would take Ben over the others. He just thrives in that situation. Brady doesn't have to come back too often and Peyton is a choker when it counts the most which is what we are talking about here, counting the most. :yellowthumb: :cope:

Richmond Rukus
09-03-2009, 03:20 PM
Of the four, I would take Ben, as he has shown he can come back and win games time and time again. But to be honest, I'd be pretty comfortable with any of the four.

PittSteelers7fan
09-03-2009, 04:10 PM
Manning is happy feet. Put him under the same pressure as Ben and he
would not handle it well at all.

Troyisabeast_43
09-03-2009, 04:13 PM
Once Ben ties Tom Brady this season for Super Bowl wins a lot of people will begin to change their minds and do so in a hurry...But until then anybody that doesnt think Ben is for real and is clutch then they must not be watching the same guy play over the last 5 seasons that us Steelers fans have been watching...

Dude487
09-03-2009, 08:34 PM
Ok, I can understand people voting for brady or manning, but brees? wtf? that guy is all fantasy stats, I don't think I have ever seen him done a 4th quarter comeback

LarryNJ
09-04-2009, 01:40 AM
In games where the team either enters the fourth quarter at a deficit or tied, or they end up tied or at a deficit when the other team scores during the fourth...

Ben has led 19 game-winning drives. 5 yrs 3.8/yr
Peyton Manning has led 37 game-winning drives. 11 yrs. 3.36/yr
Tom Brady has led 28 game-winning drives. 9 yrs. 3.1/yr Note: 2 years he only played 1 game so really it should be 7 years 4/yr

All 3 have shown the ability to lead a team when the chips are on the line. Drew brees or others???