PDA

View Full Version : Season Tickets Waiting List...

igor0190
09-01-2009, 04:23 PM
Hello,

If I place myself on the Season ticket waiting list does this entitle me to anything? Like Will I have access to a presale to buy regular season tickets?
Is there a fee for being on the waiting list?
How long is the waiting list currently? (10-20 years)?

Thanks in advance guys/gals... :tt02:

Big T
09-01-2009, 04:37 PM
All i know is that my brother placed himself on the list a few years ago and he has like 17or 18 years left

greatfish
09-01-2009, 05:11 PM
You are eligible to buy a couple tickets to regular season games and participate in the online purchase of unsold playoff tickets! I got two for the AFC Chanmionship last year!!

Richmond Rukus
09-01-2009, 05:59 PM
They used to send out forms for regular season games for wait list members, but they have since stopped this, so now everyone has the same chance as wait list members to get regular season tickets. In fact, everyone had the same chance before as anyone could of called and requested a form, so regular season were always public sale, but a lot of people weren't aware of the ticket forms giving you a better chance at tickets. Playoff tickets used to be public sale, but now are reserved for wait list members and would go public sale for any tickets left. As a wait list member, you receive a mailing with a ticketmaster password to order tickets for playoff games.

Edit,

I believe they are filling requests for season tickets from requests submitted in 1995

Potsie51
09-02-2009, 10:29 AM
yea, I have been on the waiting list for about 5 years now. I just got a letter saying that they are giving the people who signed up on the list back in 1995 the chance to get season tickets. Its going to be a while, but well worth the wait!

ejsteeler
09-02-2009, 02:03 PM
They used to send out forms for regular season games for wait list members, but they have since stopped this, so now everyone has the same chance as wait list members to get regular season tickets. In fact, everyone had the same chance before as anyone could of called and requested a form, so regular season were always public sale, but a lot of people weren't aware of the ticket forms giving you a better chance at tickets. Playoff tickets used to be public sale, but now are reserved for wait list members and would go public sale for any tickets left. As a wait list member, you receive a mailing with a ticketmaster password to order tickets for playoff games.

Edit,

I believe they are filling requests for season tickets from requests submitted in 1995

I don't know about this, I still get the lists. I received one this year as well. I figure by the time I can get an offer for season tickets, I'll be able to afford it....

Richmond Rukus
09-02-2009, 02:18 PM
I don't know about this, I still get the lists. I received one this year as well. I figure by the time I can get an offer for season tickets, I'll be able to afford it....

If you are talking about regular season ticket sales and the forms, they now exclusively use ticketmaster to sell tickets.

blackngold29
09-02-2009, 09:24 PM
Just a random question: How much do most tickets cost? On season ticket plans that is, not second hand.

ejsteeler
09-03-2009, 01:17 PM
If you are talking about regular season ticket sales and the forms, they now exclusively use ticketmaster to sell tickets.

All I can speak for is what I receive.

Richmond Rukus
09-03-2009, 03:18 PM
All I can speak for is what I receive.

I'm not sure how long you've been on the waiting list, but what they used to send out is a form in which you would # the Steelers home games 1-8, or however many games you were interested in, then send the form and check back to the Steelers ticket office. You were not guaranteed your first choice of games, so the more you numbered, the better your chances of receiving tickets. Now they send a mailing, not an order form, to give you information on when the tickets go on sale through ticketmaster. However, the sale is not exclusive to ticket wait list members as it is for playoff tickets, it is public. The ticket office no longer handles ticket sales.

ejsteeler
09-03-2009, 04:15 PM
I'm not sure how long you've been on the waiting list, but what they used to send out is a form in which you would # the Steelers home games 1-8, or however many games you were interested in, then send the form and check back to the Steelers ticket office. You were not guaranteed your first choice of games, so the more you numbered, the better your chances of receiving tickets. Now they send a mailing, not an order form, to give you information on when the tickets go on sale through ticketmaster. However, the sale is not exclusive to ticket wait list members as it is for playoff tickets, it is public. The ticket office no longer handles ticket sales.

I've been on the list for around 10 years. This year I got a letter much like what you descibe but there was a date range that waiting list members could get tickets before others. If I can find it, which I probably won't be able to, I'll scan it and post it.

Of course, it is also possible my feeble memory is confusing one time with another......:dunno:

Richmond Rukus
09-03-2009, 04:22 PM
I've been on the list for around 10 years. This year I got a letter much like what you descibe but there was a date range that waiting list members could get tickets before others. If I can find it, which I probably won't be able to, I'll scan it and post it.

Of course, it is also possible my feeble memory is confusing one time with another......:dunno:

Damnit EJ, now I have to call the ticket office, because if I haven't been getting tickets the last couple years because I didn't thoroughly read the mailing, I'm gonna need a swift kick in the ***.