PDA

View Full Version : First Cuts

Zachintosh66
08-26-2009, 11:20 AM
Less than a week away! We have to cut at least five. So name them... Who do you think will be cut?

Mine Are:
- S. Mclendon, DL
- A. Schantz, LB
- T. Korte, LB
- B. Williams, WR
- S. Black, WR

All young guys but if a respected vet who can still play is going to get cut. They might do it in the first cuts just to allow him to find another team sooner.

Callax
08-26-2009, 01:50 PM
Less than a week away! We have to cut at least five. So name them... Who do you think will be cut?

Mine Are:
- S. Mclendon, DL
- A. Schantz, LB
- T. Korte, LB
- B. Williams, WR
- S. Black, WR

All young guys but if a respected vet who can still play is going to get cut. They might do it in the first cuts just to allow him to find another team sooner.

If they are going to put anyone of these guys on the practice roster, I think it will be LB Korte

ejsteeler
08-26-2009, 01:55 PM
1. B. Roethlisberger
2. W. Parker
3. J. Harrison
4. T. Polumolu
5. H. Ward

It's a rebuilding year. :ply:

BlitzburghRockCity
08-26-2009, 02:10 PM
1. B. Roethlisberger
2. W. Parker
3. J. Harrison
4. T. Polumolu
5. H. Ward

It's a rebuilding year. :ply:

Don't forget S. Holmes, J. Farrior, & A. Smith...if we're gonna rebuild we might as well go all out right? :woot:

These first round of cuts are never any real suprise so we shouldn't have any real problems with them once they are announced.

yinzer
08-26-2009, 07:01 PM
1. Bruce Arians
2. Bruce Arians
3. Bruce Arians
4. Bruce Arians
5. Bruce Arians

:stirpot:

Zachintosh66
08-26-2009, 07:33 PM
How about:

1. Darnell Stapleton
2. Justin Hartwig
3. Max Starks
4. Trai Essexx
5. Doug Leg---ski

Sorry I like Colon and Kemo

spyboots
08-26-2009, 11:38 PM
S. McClendon, DL
A. Schantz, LB
B. Williams, WR
S. Black, WR
B. Arians, OC

Dee Mca
08-27-2009, 02:10 AM
Harrison should be cut see him in super bowl after INT. He looked like he was half dead. Big casey would have ran to st pete and back and wouldn't have been that tired

K Train
08-27-2009, 03:49 AM
How about:

1. Darnell Stapleton
2. Justin Hartwig
3. Max Starks
4. Trai Essexx
5. Doug Leg---ski

Sorry I like Colon and Kemo

damn...what did legursky do to you? llol

its good to know that you would be ok with

hills, kemo, shipley, foster, and colon with cappizzi and urbik the only backups lol

DanRooney
08-27-2009, 04:07 AM
Max Starks is worthless. So is Hills and Stapleton. Colon at RT sucks too. Just thought to reemphasize that again.

Zachintosh66
08-27-2009, 07:45 AM
damn...what did legursky do to you? llol

its good to know that you would be ok with

hills, kemo, shipley, foster, and colon with cappizzi and urbik the only backups lol

only for a week then they would be a part of the final cuts... :lol:

except kemo and colon

BlitzburghRockCity
08-27-2009, 01:51 PM
We have nobody available that can play LT, so like it or not no matter how much Starks sucks he is going to be the guy. This is once again where this team has faltered over the last 4 years or so..the OL is crap, we have 2nd rate guys at literally every position. I don't care how much anyone sits here and says "so and so is improving" or "this guy is better than last years guy", the fact is we have an OL that should be the 2nd string on any good team.

Our guys are going to have to overachieve this year if we don't want a repeat of last year and the year before that and the year before that, in terms of QB protection and open holes for the running game.

andyg1984
08-27-2009, 05:27 PM
they are a bunch of scrubs that are going to have us in a bunch of 2nd and longs all season .. how lame is it that we get excited about trai essex? we have to trade up this year if there is nothing there .. i am opposed to drafting for need, unless of course you need to if you know what I mean

K Train
08-27-2009, 05:57 PM
lol i like essex

Blazedby92
08-28-2009, 10:52 AM
If we can just run the ball that will help out tremendously.

Zachintosh66
08-28-2009, 11:12 AM

That means Parker has to stay healthy...

LatrobePA
08-28-2009, 11:12 AM

That starts with the oline blocking and opening holes...

I've said before, the right side is OK, but the left is out to lunch!

Blazedby92
08-28-2009, 12:20 PM
That means Parker has to stay healthy...

It isn't just parker, it's everybody RB's,FB and OL. Football is the most team oriented game.

K Train
08-28-2009, 01:00 PM
yeah but parker is the one with the glass ankles and knees

Captcoolhand
08-30-2009, 11:33 AM
McDonald seems to be out of the running for the No. 3 receiver job, according to the Steelers' web site.
Recommendation: When asked about the competition, Coach Mike Tomlin stated: "As long as those two guys – Limas Sweed and Mike Wallace – continue to show us things, we’re going to keep both guys alive." We'll see if McDonald does enough against the Bills Saturday to keep his foot in the door.
He might not be part of the 1st cuts but at this point, he's not looking good to make this team. :stirpot:

Beside, why do we really need another Cedric Wison type player......:imho:

igor0190
08-30-2009, 12:49 PM
I don't think you're giving Shaun Mcdonald enough credit... C'mon Cedric Wilson comparisons???

TEEMONT
08-30-2009, 02:50 PM
yeah but parker is the one with the glass ankles and knees

he's as durable as most RB's in the league

K Train
08-30-2009, 03:18 PM
not the past few years...hes really dropped off

Black@Gold Forever32
08-30-2009, 03:44 PM
Well the five WR's should be WArd,Holmes,Sweed,Wallace, and McDonald....I have no problems with Mcdonald being the fifth WR especially if an injury happens to one of the top four WR's.......But with Logan's strong showing as a return man the team might consider him being the fifth WR if they feel he can play WR for some snaps.....I don't see the team keep six WR's.....But Logan still could make the team just as a return man.....

K Train
08-30-2009, 04:03 PM
he'll make the team as a versatile guy....if they need him in a pinch he can run or catch

Captcoolhand
08-30-2009, 04:26 PM
I could care either way as long as we win.

I was just comparing McDonalds' height to that of Wilson and Back when Ben even made a comment about his height. How it was a little harder throwing to him. Besides, Logan has looked good and may come cheaper also :dunno: