PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Football Is Back!!!!!!!!!!!!

Black@Gold Forever32
08-12-2009, 11:44 PM
I'm so pumped up for tomorrow....Even though its just pre-season but Steelers football is back and I can't wait......The players that will be closely watching tomorrow against the Cardinals......

1. Mike Wallace and Joe Burnett-I'm anxious to see them in the return game and at their respective positions.....I think both will upgrade our return game and I think Wallace since he doesn't seem over his head so far might even contribute some as a WR this year....I'm not saying huge numbers....But 15-20 catches and couple TD's......

2. Limas Sweed-Reports so far seem to suggest that Sweed is becoming comfortable as an NFL player and he might be on the verge of breaking out this year......I'm hoping Sweed comes out and has a nice game against the Cards to build on his nice training camp he is having.....Sweed has the speed and size to burn defenses when they chose to blitz Big Ben......

3. Rashard Mendenhall-Rashard looked tenative last pre-season.....He didn't receive much playing time in the regular season due to his injury.....He should be more comfortable heading into his second pre-season.....I want to see that talent and pedigree that made him a first round pick......

4. Daniel Sepulveda-it was brutal watching the Steelers punt game last year....I'm so stoked to see D-Sep back on the field.....

5. Keenan Lewis-I was intrigued when he was drafted and all the reports I have read/heard have been positive about him so far......

6. Doug Legursky-People on this site know this is my guy...He has chance to run with the first team due to injury at the center position....I'm rooting hard for him to make it......I think he could be a Hank Fraley type player....Nothing great but a guy that can get the job done.....Just a solid player.....

7. Ziggy Hood-I want to see his motor since he has a great one...I like players like that and I want to see his interior pass rushing skills...I'm also to see how he is developing in the run game as a 3-4 DE.......

Of course I'm always interested in the undrafted players.......Those guys you have to root hard for since they're chasing their dream and fighting to keep their dream alive.......

Rejoice Stiller Nation that Steelers football is back....The defense of our Super Bowl title starts tomorrow...Not officially since its just pre-season but hey its a start.....I'm waving my Terrible Towel as I type this......

Zachintosh66
08-13-2009, 12:10 AM
finally :towel:

Big T
08-13-2009, 01:19 AM
About damn time too...I don't think the offseason could have been longer. I will also be closely watching the players you talked about and I will add one more to that list. Isaac Redman...this guy could be a diamond in the rough.

steelersgal86
08-13-2009, 07:53 AM
:woot: :gosteelers: :woot:

cmerrifield
08-13-2009, 08:04 AM
:6smile::bigtowel::gosteelers:
This is very exciting. I hope Wallace takes the opening kickoff for 6

lloydfan4life
08-13-2009, 08:09 AM
Wooooo Hoooooo!!!!! Finally!!!!
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd95/lloydfan4life/Misc%20II/logoflash.gif

HUNT4SEVEN
08-13-2009, 08:22 AM
finally :towel:

:clap::clap::clap: That's what i'm saying:tt02:, i just hope we get through this preseason healthy:yellowthumb: it's gonna be exciting watching Hood, Wallace, D-Sep,Burnett, Lewis an i wanna see what Redman has also ,Here we go Steelers here we GO, man it's good to have football season back:greenbounce2:

SteelCityKid5
08-13-2009, 08:49 AM
FINALLY!!! I have been waiting all summer for this! I dont care if its preseason, its football! :tt02::tt02:

Zachintosh66
08-13-2009, 09:00 AM
tminus 11 hours

yinzer
08-13-2009, 09:47 AM
:partytime: :steelersflag3: :herewego: :bigtowel:

LarryNJ
08-13-2009, 09:51 AM
Beer, crabs and Steelers! :)

I think it's on ESPN...so I'm assuming that Gruden will be making his debut tonight too.

steelcurtain09
08-13-2009, 10:26 AM
yep.
Its on ESPN.
I cant wait!!! :tt02::tt02::tt02:

SteelersWoman
08-13-2009, 11:25 AM
I'm pumped!! :greenbounce2:

Callax
08-13-2009, 11:47 AM
About damn time too...I don't think the offseason could have been longer. I will also be closely watching the players you talked about and I will add one more to that list. Isaac Redman...this guy could be a diamond in the rough.

Me too. I want to see our draft picks perform. This Isaac Redman also interests me.

TampaSteelGirl
08-13-2009, 01:22 PM
I with ya there! I'm sitting here at work proudly wearing my Big Ben jersey, both my kids have their jerseys on at daycare today...and I'm meeting all my Steeler buddies at the bar tonight!! I know it's only a preseason game but I'm so excited and I can't wait to see what the rookies are going to do tonight!!!

HERE WE GO :steelers1:......HERE WE GO!!!

:gs:

yinzer
08-13-2009, 01:34 PM
i think we should keep this as the GAME DAY thread unless, of course, TOP is gonna start one. :tt02:

K Train
08-13-2009, 02:40 PM
im already bored of preseason lol

i just want to see the second team defense play the whole game and im interested in sweed and wallace

ejsteeler
08-13-2009, 03:07 PM
Are you ready for some football!!!!!!

Yes, I am pumped. Break out the gear for another season. Yeah baby.:cope:

Troyisabeast_43
08-13-2009, 03:10 PM
Nothing like the feeling the day of or the night before a Steelers game whether it's a night game, on Sunday afternoon at 1 or 415 or on Monday night. This is by far the best time of the year. From here on out you know you're going to wake up every single week from here until hopefully February and there will be another Steelers game to look forward to the next week. Let's gear up to bring home Number 7 fellas it starts tonight...

Sir Blitzelot
08-13-2009, 06:31 PM
Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go!!!:tt02:

Just 90 minutes away! :helmet:

mateus
08-13-2009, 06:46 PM
sweet! work finishes at that time and then i get to rush home to cathc the opening kick off!
LETS GO STEELERS!

RIVERS OF STEEL
08-13-2009, 06:54 PM
Life goes on. However, it does not travel well without NFL football and especially without Steelers football. Damn good feeling to see another season get underway. Hope no one gets hurt, on our side. :steelers1:

Black@Gold Forever32
08-13-2009, 07:52 PM
I have the Steelers Polka blasting and my Terrible Towels ready to go....I'm pumped and glad that the Steelers are playing a game......I know we were spoiled with another Super Bowl run/win and we did get to enjoy the Steelers in to Feb.........But I'm tired of waiting.....This is the best time of the year......Steelers Baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!