PDA

View Full Version : Isaac Redman

steelers4life66
08-12-2009, 09:21 AM
This guy impressed me. Think he might B a little bus???? Sorry TG if I put this in the wrong place. it's Steelers talk but is is a vid. :dunno: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jixyYRkaC-k&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.behindthesteelcurtain.com%2F 2009%2F8%2F10%2F984113%2Fbtsc-steelers-daily-six-pack-who&feature=player_embedded

Zachintosh66
08-12-2009, 09:32 AM
i got a few tweets yesterday, sounds like hes had a pretty decent camp so far...

SteelCityKid5
08-12-2009, 04:16 PM
I checked out his highlight tape the other day, the dude is sick. Although he played at Bowie State, I've heard from the media hes having a productive camp. I'm real interested to what he will do in these upcoming preseason games. :yellowthumb:

KemoTherapy
08-12-2009, 09:14 PM
Looks like he has some decent speed for his size. The caliber of competition looks pretty week though.

K Train
08-12-2009, 09:26 PM
your really willing to compare this man to jerome ****ing bettis? a first round pick out of a program like notre dame, an all time great, to an undrafted rookie from bowie state who managed to gain a yard on the second team defense?

as a steelers fan the most idiotic thing you could ever say is we need to find another bus, or we need a big power back...like fat dudes that run like that are just easy to find? if we wanted to do that we would feed willie parker a **** load of cake and call it a power running game. there will never be another bus, for a man that size to be able to not only run but have tremendous vision and some of the nicest footwork in the history of ball carriers just doesnt pop up...ever.

lets compare him to gary russell....not jerome bettis

Black@Gold Forever32
08-12-2009, 10:06 PM
I'm curious to see Redman to but he isn't the next Jerome Bettis and really that is an unfair comparison.....Redman has an uphill battle to make the roster anyway.....Parker, Mendenhall, Moore are three RB spots already locked up......Summers and Davis will battle for the other one......I guess you could throw Redman in that battle and he could maybe beat those two out....I wouldn't bet on it....

86WARD
08-13-2009, 12:02 AM
Practice Squad player...

No Jerome Bettis...lol.

steelcurtain09
08-13-2009, 11:37 AM
hey. he's from my neck of the woods.
i live in bowie. i'm surprised i hadnt heard of him before.

Callax
08-13-2009, 12:45 PM
your really willing to compare this man to jerome ****ing bettis? a first round pick out of a program like notre dame, an all time great, to an undrafted rookie from bowie state who managed to gain a yard on the second team defense?

as a steelers fan the most idiotic thing you could ever say is we need to find another bus, or we need a big power back...like fat dudes that run like that are just easy to find? if we wanted to do that we would feed willie parker a **** load of cake and call it a power running game. there will never be another bus, for a man that size to be able to not only run but have tremendous vision and some of the nicest footwork in the history of ball carriers just doesnt pop up...ever.

Give this guy a chance during the first 2 presesason games to see if he can step up to the next level of talent and competition.
Yes, he could be another youtube HOF, but before you go slamming him for being talentless or a warm body in camp, give him a chance.
Yes, comparing him to Bettis is a MASSIVE leap of faith. Let's see what he's got.

Zachintosh66
08-13-2009, 12:56 PM
steel curtain post says it all...

hey. he's from my neck of the woods.
i live in bowie. i'm surprised i hadnt heard of him before.

Dude487
08-13-2009, 07:18 PM
there will never be another bus

THANK YOU!! :yellowthumb:

I may rarely agree with your opinions, but I can relate to this one. there will never be another bettis

that said, hopefully the kid does well. We may end up with both him and summers in the PS, which doesn't sound bad at all. And of course if one can beat out carey davis for a roster spot that'd be great too, but davis' too good on special teams to just let go

RIVERS OF STEEL
08-13-2009, 11:37 PM
who cares after tonites perfomance

Zachintosh66
08-14-2009, 12:28 AM
who cares after tonites perfomance

take it for what its worth... against a bunch of 3 n 4th string future bagboys... if he can do the same against #2's or better then maybe ill get happy.

although thumbs up to his hard running hope he gets more chances...

steelcurtain09
08-14-2009, 12:45 AM
steel curtain post says it all...

to clarify, i dont ay attention to DII (or III?) ball.
I mentioned him to my dad, and he said, "redman? He'sthe reason bowie state was so good these last two years."

and today, even though it was against 3rd strings, he played really well.

and they might make 5 RB slots this year cuz of the injury bug last year.
they would be parker, mendenhall, moore, redman, and davis. and then summers on the practice squad.

Danger DANJ
08-14-2009, 01:21 AM
I'm not saying Redman will ever be anything more than a camp body, but he looked pretty good tonight. Yeah, against scrubs, but scrubs who are probably better than the competition he played against in college. Plus, he was the only one to score against the Steelers D in the goal line drill. I remember when people never thought Willie Parker would amount to anything as an undrafted rookie. Another Bettis? lol, no, of course not. But possibly a runner with more power than anyone else since Bettis.

MOTORKRAFT
08-14-2009, 01:28 AM
Redman made Mendenhall look like a BUST !!!

Black@Gold Forever32
08-14-2009, 01:34 AM
Mendenhall would have looked just as good or better against 3rd and 4th stringers....lol I was impressed with Redman and he ran very hard/finished runs but lets not get to carried away yet.....Nice start for Redman no doubt....

Zachintosh66
08-14-2009, 01:43 AM
jury is still out on mendenhall, couple good runs but on subs :(

Tr305
08-14-2009, 02:14 AM
good showing by redman 2nite but its still to early and callin him bettis is to much credit

K Train
08-14-2009, 02:37 AM
gary russell....

Iron City South
08-14-2009, 09:12 AM
Redmon will be on our practice squad. Raw runner, but very good potential.

He seems like he enjoys hitting people and getting hit. I like that in a RB .....

ItAintEasyBeingPeazy
08-14-2009, 09:16 AM
Redman made Mendenhall look like a BUST !!!

wow..really?

So the guy ran a few tough yards against some 4th stringers that will be working at UPS in about 3 weeks. I'm not sold yet.

SteelCurtainYinzer
08-14-2009, 12:00 PM
I thought he ran okay....I remember when Davis came out a few years back and he was small and fast. What impressed me about him was his ability to get outside....However Redman punched the hole. I don't care if he was playing against fourth stringers he did carry them into the endzone. If we can have another weapon on the goal line, which we need, then hopefully we found another puzzle piece that will put us on our Stairway to Seven!

Zachintosh66
08-14-2009, 12:39 PM
So the guy ran a few tough yards against some 4th stringers that will be working at UPS in about 3 weeks.

:lol:

steelers4life66
08-15-2009, 09:36 AM

At 230, 30lbs lighter than the bus. He has good foot work like the bus. He can pound the rock like the bus. He has the ability 2 change direction. I think he could end up being an asset 2 the Steelers run game. Don't go getting all butt hurt about the stament.

K Train
08-15-2009, 03:24 PM
he could....but he wont

$teelersRule
08-16-2009, 06:33 PM
I have read in a few different places that he is getting rocked by the first team D all day long in camp. Maybe they want to see if he has the toughness. He did come out of a small school i am sure that he did not get hit by those guys anywhere near to what he is getting now. I hope he can keep it up

Black@Gold Forever32
08-16-2009, 07:02 PM
Looks like Redman had a very good day against the first team units in the goal line drill.......He keeps having success in the pre-season games and practice he then will make the team......

Sunday's camp notes

5:06:10 pm Steelers RB Isaac Redman could be the biggest surprise of training camp. The undrafted rookie went 5-for-7 in goal line drills against the first defensive unit. FB Frank Summers was his blocking back.
5:02:39 pm Steelers TE Sean McHugh is battling David Johnson for the third tight end spot, but he isn't helping his cause after dropping an easy pass in the flat.
5:01:34 pm Steelers CB William Gay made a nice leaping INT of QB Ben Roethlisberger's pass in 7-on-7 drills.
4:49:43 pm The Steelers were 1-for-2 in the two-minute drill. LB LaMarr Woodley came up with pick in the first drive, while QB Dennis Dixon hit WR Shaun McDonald for the 20-yard score.
4:46:11 pm Steelers WR Mike Wallace is working as a punt returner for the first time. RB Stefan Logan, WR Shaun McDonald, and CB Joe Burnett are with him.
4:42:48 pm Steelers RB Stefan Logan is having a rough day. After getting leveled by LB Patrick Bailey, he muffed a punt in return drills.
4:37:09 pm Steelers LB Patrick Bailey continues to make some crushing hits. He leveled RB Stefan Logan on punt return drills.
4:27:36 pm Steelers rookie WR Mike Wallace has been consistently open in the 11-on-11 drills.
4:22:08 pm Steelers CB Keiwan Ratliff, a free agent pickup in the offseason, continue to shine in camp. His coverage is like a blanket in 11-on-11 drills. If he keeps playing like this, the nickel job is his.
4:18:27 pm The Steelers offensive line are working on snap counts. Coach Mike Tomlin was not happy with the 12 penalties for 70 yards against the Cardinals.
4:14:39 pm Steelers rookie DE Ziggy Hood continues to play like a season veteran. He stays low, squares up, and has good pad level. He plays fast and uses his hands to get free.
3:51:37 pm Steelers FB Frank Summers is working at fullback. Head coach Mike Tomlin wants to give RB Isaac Redman more work and in order to do that, Summers is sliding over.
3:47:52 pm Steelers WRs Brandon Williams and Tyler Grisham need to get back on the field like yesterday if they hope to make this team. Bubble players can't afford injuries.
3:45:48 pm Steelers RB Rashard Mendenhall, who actually was left out of practice yesterday with a thigh contusion, is back in action today.
3:44:28 pm Steelers offensive coordinator Bruce Arians singles out OT Tony Hills and RB Isaac Redman are guys who making an impression with the coaches.
3:39:43 pm The Steelers are in full pads today and will be doing some live hitting and goal line work.
3:22:01 pm Steelers WR Brandon Williams (ab strain), RB Mewelde Moore (hamstring), WR Tyler Grisham (hamstring), and G Darnell Stapleton (knee) are not practicing.
3:18:53 pm The Ravens' defense is practicing coverage schemes against an offense consisting of five trash cans. The offense has failed to gain a yard.
3:15:07 pm Steelers G Darnell Stapleton, who's out with a knee injury, said he thinks he can be back in action in about a week.
3:12:56 pm In response to Paul Cus and his comment: Steelers WR Limas Sweed does have concentration problems at times and needs to become more consistent.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/rapid-reports/team/PIT

If Ratliff makes the team as a CB, I wonder if Tomlin would put Mundy on the PS and us Shea as a FS back-up? This would allow us to put Lewis and Burnett on the 53 man roster as CBs.

Ibleedblk&gld
08-16-2009, 07:43 PM
i agree, redman is looking good..and yes, he def. made mendenhall look bad...i don't give a **** what string it was...he moved good, he redirected when he needed to, and he ran ppl over...

KRAZYRIDE
08-19-2009, 02:23 AM
It's way to early to tell if Redman is going to be the answer I'm still worried about our running game period with Parker keep getting hurt and I have no idea what's going on with Mendenhall. We have to do something about this line or there won't even be a running game. But Redman still has to show more before I'm sold on him.

Woodson_DownUnder
08-21-2009, 12:42 AM
Thanx for posting the Camp update B@G Fvr32. :tt02:

Lots to like about a undrafted rookie, Redman, who is willing to keep on POUNDing any D regardless whether they're 3rd or 4th stringers. What bothers me is that guys like this will get picked up by other teams if they keep on showing 'form'. Whether he makes the 53 cut or not, it's not going to weighing on my mind...but the mind of the player who keeps Redman off the charts (final 53) and that player better show something worth his value.

Blazedby92
08-21-2009, 09:14 AM
The point of this whole thing is Redman is doing better than everyone else, even against the first team D and that isn't easy. That''s why we are here typing our opinions and the Steeler staff are in the war room making the decsions. The kid can run!!

Iron City South
08-21-2009, 02:12 PM
The point of this whole thing is Redman is doing better than everyone else, even against the first team D and that isn't easy. That''s why we are here typing our opinions and the Steeler staff are in the war room making the decsions. The kid can run!!

RB Depth Chart (53 man roster)

Parker
Mendenhall
Moore
Redman
Summers

:yesnod::clap:

BlackGold4vr
08-21-2009, 02:25 PM

Parker
Mendenhall
Moore
Redman
Summers

:plus1: Carey Davis will be the odd man out. On football we can agree.

Zachintosh66
08-21-2009, 03:38 PM
Sorry boys... Davis will make the team. I feel the same way about it that you guys do, but it seems the people in PA who make the calls like the guy.

LatrobePA
08-21-2009, 03:45 PM
Sorry boys... Davis will make the team. I feel the same way about it that you guys do, but it seems the people in PA who make the calls like the guy.

Agree, He and Ben are friends off the field too (Nance cough cough)! So it isn't happening!!

86WARD
08-22-2009, 12:14 PM

Parker
Moore
Mendenhall
Davis
Redman

*fixed.

TEEMONT
08-22-2009, 09:22 PM
Davis gets the start at FB again tonight....and was running around with the "1st team" Special teams.....he's a lock.

TEEMONT
09-01-2009, 07:26 AM
Red was also stopped on 4th and 1 in the Bills game...proving that he wont always convert in short yardage....have any of u detached ur lips from his phallus?

K Train
09-01-2009, 07:51 AM
Red was also stopped on 4th and 1 in the Bills game...proving that he wont always convert in short yardage....have any of u detached ur lips from his phallus?
i doubt it, they have been pretty locked on