PDA

View Full Version : Urbik admits he is disappointed in his play

andyg1984
08-08-2009, 07:51 AM
interpretation?

http://www.examiner.com/x-2703-Pittsburgh-Sports-Examiner~y2009m8d8-Steeler-Training-Camp-Day-7-Rookie-guard-Urbik-not-happy-with-his-play

K Train
08-08-2009, 10:18 AM
im disappointed too, yet not surprised

Captcoolhand
08-08-2009, 11:22 AM
That's every rookies response.

The guy isn't going no where, so he needs to relax and learn, stop trying to impress.

Next season he will be more focus and know the drill to be able to show his true game. :imho:

Black@Gold Forever32
08-08-2009, 11:29 AM
Well at least we know Urbik does care and wants to improve.....Its only been one week of a camp so I'm not giving up on him......He will never be a great pass protector but I do think he could be starting RG material and dominate in the run game....

BlackGold4vr
08-08-2009, 11:50 AM
I'm not nearly as concerned about who fills our needs as much as I am about "IF" our needs are filled. If this guy Ramon Foster turns out to be a keeper it makes the Urbik pick less painful. Lets face it all the good ones were gone before we picked an O-lineman so any success in anybody who sticks would be good. We all know the Steelers had their sites set on Eric Wood who was snatched 4 picks before our turn. IMO we just kicked the O-line problem down the street. At some point we will need to make the O-line a priority as we did a couple years ago with the Timmons/Woodley linebacker picks. There is a reason that there is a run on good O-lineman early in the draft. :2cents:

Stlrs4Life
08-08-2009, 01:20 PM
I didn't expect much from him right away anyways.

K Train
08-08-2009, 02:37 PM
I'm not nearly as concerned about who fills our needs as much as I am about "IF" our needs are filled. If this guy Ramon Foster turns out to be a keeper it makes the Urbik pick less painful. Lets face it all the good ones were gone before we picked an O-lineman so any success in anybody who sticks would be good. We all know the Steelers had their sites set on Eric Wood who was snatched 4 picks before our turn. IMO we just kicked the O-line problem down the street. At some point we will need to make the O-line a priority as we did a couple years ago with the Timmons/Woodley linebacker picks. There is a reason that there is a run on good O-lineman early in the draft. :2cents:

i would have been much more ok with hood if they went that route this year with hood followed by gilbert....who is turning heads in chicago

DanRooney
08-08-2009, 06:41 PM
Looks like our 3rd rounder from 2 season's ago isn't doing any better :evilshake: One year under his belt and is still looking lousy:

Jim Wexell
Spaeth beat Bruce Davis & Tomlin yelled "Big 10 beats the grass basketball league again!"

All things looking up for Mike Wallace though:

Ike Taylor calls Mike Wallace fastest WR he ever covered.

Hines Ward, Bruce Arians, Ike Taylor all convinced Mike Wallace can help them win now.

K Train
08-08-2009, 06:44 PM
Jim Wexell
Spaeth beat Bruce Davis & Tomlin yelled "Big 10 beats the grass basketball league again!"

Looks like our 3rd rounder from 2 season's ago isn't doing any better :evilshake: One year under his belt and is still looking lousy.

ive heard hes kicking *** for the most part.

also cappizzi and foster seem to be the leaders to backup at guard, essex starts and one of them will be the backup (hopefully foster) and when stapleton gets back i hope he gets a shot at center

Iron City South
08-08-2009, 07:28 PM
I didn't expect much from him right away anyways.

That is the correct answer. Urbik will be fine; he's young and he's raw but he has all the tools and the smarts to be a rock solid lineman in this league. His best friend willl be 2 years of coaching ...

LSWANNFAN88
08-10-2009, 06:01 PM
not surprised

Troyisabeast_43
08-10-2009, 10:42 PM
Looks like our 3rd rounder from 2 season's ago isn't doing any better :evilshake: One year under his belt and is still looking lousy:

Jim Wexell

All things looking up for Mike Wallace though:

Ike Taylor calls Mike Wallace fastest WR he ever covered.

Hines Ward, Bruce Arians, Ike Taylor all convinced Mike Wallace can help them win now.

I was up at camp today and I heard people talking about the quote that Tomlin said concerning Spaeth and Davis. And yes Mike Wallace looks like the real deal. This guy Im telling looks as if he could be a big time player for the Steelers in the passing game this season and can really stretch the field. He is really somebody to keep a close eye on once the pre-season starts on Thursday night...

86WARD
08-11-2009, 07:47 PM
Not surprised...