PDA

View Full Version : Wilson, Snell gone...

Zachintosh66
07-29-2009, 05:46 PM
Wilson and Snell traded today for 5 guys...

Sanchez and Duke prolly be gone tomorrow...

All these prospects we should finally be able to field a competitive team as soon as these guys get outta little league :lol:

just kidding. at least ive actually heard of some of the guys we got today (shortstop Ronny Cedeno, first baseman Jeff Clement, and right-handed pitching prospects Aaron Pribanic, Brett Lorin and Nathan Adcock) Cedeno is going straight to Pitt. While Clement is going to AAA. Others down to A.

Black@Gold Forever32
07-29-2009, 07:42 PM
Wilson was over paid and Snell was a mess and really finished as a Pirate.......I don't hate this trade at all.....Especially if Clement becomes a player.....

Troyisabeast_43
07-29-2009, 08:01 PM
Sanchez just got traded about an hour ago to the Giants for Tim Alderson one of the Giants top pitching prospects in their organization. This was an absolute steal getting a stud like Alderson who will definitely be a top of the rotation kind of guy hopefully by 2011. I like the way the Neal Huntington is building this team from the ground up and continuing the firesale and not backing down one bit from doing things the right way and winning through drafting good players and making quality trades...The Pirates finally have a GM who gets it and knows you cant win with band-aid type players like the two previous moron GM's Littlefield and Bonifay signed time and time again...

Black@Gold Forever32
07-29-2009, 08:05 PM
Sanchez just got traded about an hour ago to the Giants for Tim Alderson one of the Giants top pitching prospects in their organization. This was an absolute steal getting a stud like Alderson who will definitely be a top of the rotation kind of guy hopefully by 2011. I like the way the Neal Huntington is building this team from the ground up and continuing the firesale and not backing down one bit from doing things the right way and winning through drafting good players and making quality trades...The Pirates finally have a GM who gets it and knows you cant win with band-aid type players like the two previous moron GM's Littlefield and Bonifay signed time and time again...

I just hope most of these prospects develop........I was 13 the last time the Buccos had a winning season...I'm 30 now and all I want is some sign of hope for this team that they are turning the corner......I agree with you this team could be headed in the right direction if most of these trades do pan out down the road.......

Zachintosh66
07-29-2009, 08:50 PM
How long till Duke?

Prosdo
07-30-2009, 12:53 AM
I hate to see a classy guy like Jack go, but it seems like they made some good moves. They really need to sure up the pitching and it looks like thats exactly what they are trying to do.

Callax
07-30-2009, 09:22 AM
This management better be trying to develop a winning team to contend in the near future, not do the SSDD
Get players, develop just before arbitration, trade for prospects, developjust before arbitration, etc...
Start getting good players in the draft, not draft players that they can sign cheap or easy...I really like Jack Wilson and I got to see Snell pitch here in Altoona before he went up to AAA and Pirates. I'd call him up to the majors after he got a few starts and showed he can pitch like he did in AAA (era around .66)
His attitude pi$$ed me off about "the losing mentality around the clubhouse"
GROW UP YOU PANZY!!
MENTALLY WEAK PUTZ!!!
I liked FReddy too, he turned into a pretty good 2nd baseman...
I guess we will see in 2 years when McCutchen is on the brink of arbitration and the pirates are contending (yea, right) and management trades away mccutchen
That will show thier true colors and I hope fans drop like flies.....
A local radio sports host tells the McNulty's, who own the local paper, are " financially responsible" and could not elaborate further on the subject... ( or else feel backlash from his employer, paper employee )
IMO this sounds like the owners would not spend much, if any, to put a winning team on the field... Their main and only concern IS THE BOTTOM LINE!!!!
Forget the fans they do not care about them

SteelCityKid5
07-30-2009, 03:00 PM
I also like what Huntington is doing. The Pirates minor league system was atrocious. But, starting Saturday doesn't the Pirates season unofficially end?

Zachintosh66
07-30-2009, 07:56 PM
The Pirates today acquired right-handed pitchers Kevin Hart and Jose Ascanio and infielder Josh Harrison from the Chicago Cubs organization in exchange for left-handed pitchers John Grabow and Tom Gorzelanny.

I watched PTI and Around the horn today... they both were ripping the Pirates FO hardcore. Any one else see this?

Dako
07-30-2009, 09:23 PM
I just heard that the Pirate's ball boys were traded for toddlers to be named later...

ejsteeler
07-31-2009, 01:21 PM
I hate to say it, but when I moved to Atlanta in 93, I became a Braves fan.....:dunno:

TEEMONT
07-31-2009, 11:18 PM
I hate to say it, but when I moved to Atlanta in 93, I became a Braves fan.....:dunno:

**** you and Sid Bream.....

Zachintosh66
08-01-2009, 09:36 AM
damn sid bream...