PDA

View Full Version : Roethlisberger Accused of Sexual Assault

DanRooney
07-21-2009, 01:18 AM
Roethlisberger denies civil allegations of sexual assault

Posted by Mike Florio on July 20, 2009 8:57 PM ET
In a complaint that reads like the rape allegations made several years ago against NBA star Kobe Bryant, Harrah's employee Andrea McNulty alleges sexual assault against Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger in a lawsuit filed last week in Washoe County, Nevada.

But lawyer David Cornwell strongly denied the allegations Monday night, in a statement released to PFT. "Ben has never sexually assaulted anyone; especially Andrea McNulty," Cornwell said.

In the civil suit, which Cornwell confirms was served on Roethlisberger over the weekend and a copy of which our own Gregg Rosenthal has obtained, McNulty alleges that Roethlisberger asked her to come to his hotel room to fix the television, and that he thereafter forced her to have sex with him.

Roethlisberger faces one civil count of assault, one civil count of sexual assault and battery, one civil count of false imprisonment, one civil count of false pretenses, one civil count of fraud, and one civil count of intentonal infliction of emtional distress.

McNulty also claims that the coworkers named in the complaint thereafter defamed her by making allegedly false and inflammatory statements, and by allegedly serving as aiders and abettors of Roethlisberger's alleged misconduct after the fact.

Cornwell, a finalist for the position of NFLPA Executive Director who has represented in the recent past Saints running back Reggie Bush and Browns receiver Donte' Stallworth, points to the fact that no criminal complaint has been filed, and that no criminal investigation has occurred.

"The timing of the lawsuit and the absence of a criminal complaint and a criminal investigation are the most compelling evidence of the absence of any criminal conduct," Cornwell said. "If an investigation is commenced, Ben will cooperate fully and Ben will be fully exonerated."

It's unknown at this point whether McNulty ever has attempted to file criminal charges as a result of the incident, which allegedly occurred in July 2008.

"Ben will not be baited into a public discussion about his personal life, but we will defend
him vigorously," Cornwell said. "The limited value that Ms. McNulty derived from public disclosure of these viciously false allegations is the only value she will ever receive from Ben in this case."

Regardless of how this one turns out, it has the potential to serve as a significant distraction for Roethlisberger as the 2009 season approaches, especially if the lawsuit triggers a criminal probe.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:thinking: looks like another one of those offseasons...

Koopa
07-21-2009, 01:48 AM
typical white bitch....trying to get money she doesn't deserve

Aunkster
07-21-2009, 06:47 AM
agreed

cmerrifield
07-21-2009, 07:06 AM
Just when I was convinced it was going to be a quiet offseason, this happens. Man, I wish people wouldnt do crap for a fast buck. She is just hoping he will pay her to make it go away.

86WARD
07-21-2009, 08:00 AM
"The timing of the lawsuit and the absence of a criminal complaint and a criminal investigation are the most compelling evidence of the absence of any criminal conduct," Cornwell said. "If an investigation is commenced, Ben will cooperate fully and Ben will be fully exonerated."

Enough said...

He should counter sue for defamation...

LarryNJ
07-21-2009, 08:13 AM
This all allegedly happened a year ago? No criminal charges? Unfortunately it's something that comes with being a superstar multi millionare QB. It's a shame and I hope it blows over quickly.

"Ben has never sexually assaulted anyone; especially Andrea McNulty," Cornwell said.

I take this him slamming Andrea. You have to be kidding me, Ben would never assault anyone and IF he did it would be with a hot chick not some smelly ugly *** bitch like you.

lloydfan4life
07-21-2009, 08:20 AM

That's funny.... I didn't read anywhere in this story where it mentions her race. You're just trying to add the racial spin, right? That's a little lame, don't you think?

Now, if you'd have left out the 'white' and just called her a 'typical bitch' then I'd have agreed with you 100%.

This whole story stinks to high heaven. No criminal charges nor a criminal investigation a year ago when this supposedly happened? If Ben would've raped this woman certainly she would've brought it to the authorities attention at the time so evidence could've been collected.

This is nothing more than some money hungry broad and her lawyer trying to get a big payday from Ben.

Sir Blitzelot
07-21-2009, 08:27 AM
I personally believe that this woman is just looking for money, and wants to put Ben in a bad light. I hope this goes away quickly and doesn't linger into training camp, or the season.

BlitzburghRockCity
07-21-2009, 08:46 AM
"The limited value that Ms. McNulty derived from public disclosure of these viciously false allegations is the only value she will ever receive from Ben in this case."That's what you want to hear, the lawyers for Ben going full steam ahead and making sure this worthless, punk ***, chick doesn't get any money for this. It's bad enough she gets her 15 minutes of fame at Ben's expense.

Conveniently this comes to light just before traning camp is going to start.

LatrobePA
07-21-2009, 08:47 AM
What a freakin mess!

F'N gold diggin WHORE!

Zachintosh66
07-21-2009, 09:33 AM
I personally believe that this woman is just looking for money, and wants to put Ben in a bad light. I hope this goes away quickly and doesn't linger into training camp, or the season.

we all know it will... :evilshake:

Woodson_DownUnder
07-21-2009, 09:43 AM
Pffft! Watch this one blow over.. I'd be extremely dissappointed if Ben chooses to PAY anything out of his own pocket to make the stupid bitch happy... He should counter sue for defamation... :yesnod: as an previous post stated. >86Ward< agree.

McNutty is a schitzo anyway.

Prosdo
07-21-2009, 10:02 AM
Big Ben is in the clear. This chick is just looking for money.

TEEMONT
07-21-2009, 10:13 AM
if this was a bungle everyone hear would be totally on the chicks side. this doesn't really surprise me. I know a few dudes who went to college with Ben, and this behavior kind of fits his norm. all it would take is for a chick to tell him no.

"Ben has never sexually assaulted anyone; especially Andrea McNulty," Cornwell said.

that quote says a lot. especially Andrea McNulty? WTF is that supposed to mean?

BlitzburghRockCity
07-21-2009, 10:27 AM
So I guess that means he knew her from before and they are friends or atleast acquaintances of some sort? :dunno:

dawgs
07-21-2009, 10:33 AM
should we call ben kobe?

chances are they just had sex and nothin more. no assault.

Callax
07-21-2009, 10:52 AM
I really hope that this is just a case of a GREEDY woman looking for a fat payday...
I like the PLAYER QB Ben Roethlisberger.... He shows alot of character, poise and Intestinal Fortitude....
I Would like to think that the PERSON Ben Roethlisberger is not like alot of other NFL Players...
Get big money, Fame and believe they can do anything they like and get away with it (Elitest Attitude)
My Question to this woman is... Why Did you wait a YEAR to file CIVIL charges??
Why no CRIMINAL charges 8-10 months ago ??? (Because it was consenual and NOW you changed your mind, after you realized this "relationship" was going nowhere????)
hmmmmmm

Zachintosh66
07-21-2009, 11:00 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/07/21/complaint-gets-very-specific-regarding-interaction-between-mcnulty-roethlisberger/

Complaint gets very specific regarding interaction between McNulty, Roethlisberger

Posted by Mike Florio on July 21, 2009 10:46 AM ET
We've finally obtained a full and complete and reliable copy of the complaint filed against Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger in Nevada.

The complaint contains very specific allegations, which either helps prove that the event actually occurred -- or which demonstrates that the plaintiff, Andrea McNulty, has a very active imagination.

McNulty, who says in the complaint that she has worked at Harrah's since March 2003, alleges that she was assigned to serve a concierge-style function on the Penthouse floor of the hotel during the 2008 American Century Celebrity Golf Championship.

McNulty alleges that, on July 10, she and Roethlisberger had a conversation about fly fishing, and that they talked about the fact that McNulty is an avid fly fisherman. (Though, on the surface, the exchange isn't relevant, the contention -- if true -- shows that there was at least a minor relationship between McNulty and Roethlisberger prior to the incident.)

As to the incident itself, it allegedly occurred on Friday, July 11. McNulty claims that, at approximately 10:00 p.m. local time, Roethlisberger returned to his room with a young woman, who left roughly 20 minutes later.

McNulty says that Roethlisberger walked the woman to the elevator, and that Roethlisberger then stopped to talk to McNulty and other staff, for roughly 20 minutes. (Obviously, it'll be critical to determine who these other staff members are, and what they have to say.)

As he was leaving, Roethlisberger allegedly told McNulty that the sound system on his television wasn't working. She offered to have someone from engineering fix it, but Roethlisberger said he would call her about it later.

Roethlisberger allegedly called her a few minutes later, and he said that the television was still broken. She offered to have someone go to the room and fix it. He allegedly asked her to come and "take a quick look" at it.

McNulty claims that she tried to call a couple of other colleagues to handle the situation, but that she couldn't reach anyone. She alleges that Roethlisberger called again and asked her when she was going to fix the television.

Citing a direction from management to ensure that Roethlisberger had an enjoyable trip, she decided to try to fix it herself.

McNulty claims that, when she arrived at the room, he was wearing a T-shirt and athletic shorts. She adds, for no apparent reason other than to show the clarity of her recollection, that the room was a mess.

Roethlisberger showed her the television that was malfunctioning, located in suite's bedroom. Using the remote, she determined that there was no problem with the television or the sound system.

She claims that, as she tried to leave the room, Roethlisberger blocked her path, and that he "grabbed [her] and started to kiss her."

She claims that she was "shocked and stunned that this previously friendly man, that appeared to be a gentleman in her previous contacts with him was suddenly preventing her from leaving, was assaulting and battering her."

McNulty admits that she didn't try to fight Roethlisberger, citing his size and strength. She claims that she "communicated her objection and lack of consent," and that he nevertheless began "fondling [her] through her dress and between her legs."

She claims that he pushed her onto the bed, and despite her alleged protests he "pulled her underpants off and proceeded to penetrate her."

McNulty claims that she told him, "You don't want to do this." She also claims that she said, "Please don't," and that she told him she was not on any type of birth control.

She claims that he said in response, "Don't worry, I'll pull out," which he ultimately did.

At that point, he allowed her to get off the bed. McNulty claims that she went to the bathroom, and "tried to pull herself together." When she emerged, she claims that Roethlisberger asked, "There are cameras on this room, aren't there?"

She responded by saying, "Yes, there are cameras everywhere."

McNulty alleges that he then seem worried, and that his tone became "stern."

"If anyone asks you, you fixed my television," he allegedly said. "You fixed my television. Now go!"

We'll be posting separately the allegations relating to the coworkers at Harrah's, most of which are based on conduct occurring after the alleged assault.

Again, these are only allegations in a civil complaint. There is, to our knowledge, no criminal complaint or investigation, and Roethlisberger through lawyer David Cornwell has strongly denied the contention.

Still, if the allegations set forth above are true, and if sufficient evidence can be compiled to prove that, then this thing could get very ugly for Roethlisberger.

this is pretty specific... this is gonna get ugly

Dee Mca
07-21-2009, 11:02 AM
Don't know if this is really her, but a lot of sites I have come across have same pic.
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=790045726

No criminal charges just looking for the cash. She's probably a cards fan. I liked the 1 version of this story where Ben asked her to his room to fix the tv. Thats when he attacked her.

Koopa
07-21-2009, 11:27 AM
That's funny.... I didn't read anywhere in this story where it mentions her race. You're just trying to add the racial spin, right? That's a little lame, don't you think?

Now, if you'd have left out the 'white' and just called her a 'typical bitch' then I'd have agreed with you 100%.

This whole story stinks to high heaven. No criminal charges nor a criminal investigation a year ago when this supposedly happened? If Ben would've raped this woman certainly she would've brought it to the authorities attention at the time so evidence could've been collected.

This is nothing more than some money hungry broad and her lawyer trying to get a big payday from Ben.

no, it's just obvious it's a young white girl........ just like with the kobe case, the ho just wanted money like this dumb bitch

steelfanatic
07-21-2009, 11:35 AM
the steelers are usually one of the few teams in the league that doesnt have alot of offseason gossip and crap like that and this woman just wants money and she just wants to put a bad image out there for ben roethlisberger. I really believe that ben would never do anything like this, hes not that kind of person.

LatrobePA
07-21-2009, 11:36 AM
No criminal just civil, stupid *** beotch!

Captcoolhand
07-21-2009, 11:39 AM
no, it's just obvious it's a young white girl........ just like with the kobe case, the ho just wanted money like this dumb bitch
That's funny, I thought it was a black girl....:dunno:

I think I'm going to file a suit too :yesnod: I want to get payed for that time Ben touched my *** last year at that fundraiser.

Off-season just wouldn't be the Off season if something didn't happen to 1 of our star players......:duh:

Dee Mca
07-21-2009, 11:48 AM
I think I should file a civil suit against the NFL,Colts and Bengals cause every Season I am assaulted and forced to watch the Bengals or Colts.

TampaSteelGirl
07-21-2009, 12:00 PM
I find it quite insulting actually. Any woman who has been actually "raped" doesn't wait for an entire year to come out. It's a very shameful, tramatic event. She's making a mockery of woman who have been raped. You would think had the event happened that him being a famous QB she would have come out immediately! Just another dirt bag looking for a quick buck...Sure the story sounds good, I could make up something like that if I wanted to, who couldn't if you use your imagination. this better not screw up our season....She picked a fine time to do this right before training camp! I just can't see Ben doing something like that, I had a friend of a friend who dated him and he was a very good to her.

I think he should sue her back and donate those proceeds to charity!

Lunchbucket
07-21-2009, 12:03 PM
If my memory serves me well,was not Jerome accused of assulting a woman years ago, it turned out to be her trying to extort money from him?

RIVERS OF STEEL
07-21-2009, 12:04 PM
http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/stadium.weblogsinc.com/tmz/images/2009/07/andrea_mcnulty_01_0001_Layer_6_full.jpg
Hope this is the right pic. Source TMZ 21 July 2009. Damn Ben go ugly early? This crap always happens to the winners. So, be ready 4 it. LOL.
mike :rant2:

LatrobePA
07-21-2009, 12:19 PM
I find it quite insulting actually. Any woman who has been actually "raped" doesn't wait for an entire year to come out. It's a very shameful, tramatic event. She's making a mockery of woman who have been raped. You would think had the event happened that him being a famous QB she would have come out immediately! Just another dirt bag looking for a quick buck...Sure the story sounds good, I could make up something like that if I wanted to, who couldn't if you use your imagination. this better not screw up our season....She picked a fine time to do this right before training camp! I just can't see Ben doing something like that, I had a friend of a friend who dated him and he was a very good to her.

Thank you for giving us stupid men a woman's point of view!

TEEMONT
07-21-2009, 12:23 PM

I dunno...we have to sit through a lot of "training" now about sexual assault in the AF. Some women feel ashamed that **** like this happened to them, and they don't come out right away. Sometimes it takes years to come to grips with what happened. I can't speak from experience, but I can see why this would take a while for her to come out with it.

Like I said before this is a case where every Steeler fan will try to discredit this girl b/c it's Ben. If it was some no-name we would all be calling for his immediate release. If it is a chick looking for a pay-day, it will end up like the Kobe case, but if this really happened, how would you all feel about yourselves then? This girl may be a greedy hoe, but she is also someone's daughter. Ben coudl have been drunk, and isn't too used to be ing told "no" I'm sure.

Put aside the fact that he is a $100 million dollar, two-time SB champ, Steeler QB, and I bet your rose colored glasses turn a different shade.

Try to put yourself in this girls shoes if it did happen. Who the hell is going to believe her?

LatrobePA
07-21-2009, 12:27 PM
She would of had a better chance of legally charging him with evidence, without that this case has no leg to stand on! So with her filing a civil case just looks bad for her!

Why in the hell would he have a young lady over for 20 minutes than need another right away, is he that freaking horny?

Yes sad and upsetting to both parties!

TampaSteelGirl
07-21-2009, 12:33 PM
Thank you for giving us stupid men a woman's point of view!

Anytime....:yellowthumb:

--- Added 7/21/2009 at 11:33 AM ---

I dunno...we have to sit through a lot of "training" now about sexual assault in the AF. Some women feel ashamed that **** like this happened to them, and they don't come out right away. Sometimes it takes years to come to grips with what happened. I can't speak from experience, but I can see why this would take a while for her to come out with it.

Like I said before this is a case where every Steeler fan will try to discredit this girl b/c it's Ben. If it was some no-name we would all be calling for his immediate release. If it is a chick looking for a pay-day, it will end up like the Kobe case, but if this really happened, how would you all feel about yourselves then? This girl may be a greedy hoe, but she is also someone's daughter. Ben coudl have been drunk, and isn't too used to be ing told "no" I'm sure.

Put aside the fact that he is a $100 million dollar, two-time SB champ, Steeler QB, and I bet your rose colored glasses turn a different shade.

Try to put yourself in this girls shoes if it did happen. Who the hell is going to believe her?

I understand what you are saying Tee but why no criminal charge?? If in fact the rape happened why is a criminal charge not being filed, I mean rape is quite serious as we all know and the punishment should fit the crime so why not charge him criminally IF he did it. This is why I'm skeptical about this because her only filing a civil suit means to me that she doesn't want to pursue it any further, just take her hush money and go.

Lunchbucket
07-21-2009, 12:36 PM
[QUOTE=TEEMONT;299121]I dunno...we have to sit through a lot of "training" now about sexual assault in the AF. Some women feel ashamed that **** like this happened to them, and they don't come out right away. Sometimes it takes years to come to grips with what happened. I can't speak from experience, but I can see why this would take a while for her to come out with it.

Try to put yourself in this girls shoes if it did happen. Who the hell is going to believe her?[/QUO Good point Teemont

Callax
07-21-2009, 12:54 PM
Complaint gets very specific regarding interaction between McNulty, Roethlisberger

Posted by Mike Florio on July 21, 2009 10:46 AM ET
We've finally obtained a full and complete and reliable copy of the complaint filed against Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger in Nevada.

The complaint contains very specific allegations, which either helps prove that the event actually occurred -- or which demonstrates that the plaintiff, Andrea McNulty, has a very active imagination.

McNulty, who says in the complaint that she has worked at Harrah's since March 2003, alleges that she was assigned to serve a concierge-style function on the Penthouse floor of the hotel during the 2008 American Century Celebrity Golf Championship.

McNulty alleges that, on July 10, she and Roethlisberger had a conversation about fly fishing, and that they talked about the fact that McNulty is an avid fly fisherman. (Though, on the surface, the exchange isn't relevant, the contention -- if true -- shows that there was at least a minor relationship between McNulty and Roethlisberger prior to the incident.)

As to the incident itself, it allegedly occurred on Friday, July 11. McNulty claims that, at approximately 10:00 p.m. local time, Roethlisberger returned to his room with a young woman, who left roughly 20 minutes later.

McNulty says that Roethlisberger walked the woman to the elevator, and that Roethlisberger then stopped to talk to McNulty and other staff, for roughly 20 minutes. (Obviously, it'll be critical to determine who these other staff members are, and what they have to say.)

As he was leaving, Roethlisberger allegedly told McNulty that the sound system on his television wasn't working. She offered to have someone from engineering fix it, but Roethlisberger said he would call her about it later.

Roethlisberger allegedly called her a few minutes later, and he said that the television was still broken. She offered to have someone go to the room and fix it. He allegedly asked her to come and "take a quick look" at it.

McNulty claims that she tried to call a couple of other colleagues to handle the situation, but that she couldn't reach anyone. She alleges that Roethlisberger called again and asked her when she was going to fix the television.

Citing a direction from management to ensure that Roethlisberger had an enjoyable trip, she decided to try to fix it herself.

McNulty claims that, when she arrived at the room, he was wearing a T-shirt and athletic shorts. She adds, for no apparent reason other than to show the clarity of her recollection, that the room was a mess.

Roethlisberger showed her the television that was malfunctioning, located in suite's bedroom. Using the remote, she determined that there was no problem with the television or the sound system.

She claims that, as she tried to leave the room, Roethlisberger blocked her path, and that he "grabbed [her] and started to kiss her."

She claims that she was "shocked and stunned that this previously friendly man, that appeared to be a gentleman in her previous contacts with him was suddenly preventing her from leaving, was assaulting and battering her."

McNulty admits that she didn't try to fight Roethlisberger, citing his size and strength. She claims that she "communicated her objection and lack of consent," and that he nevertheless began "fondling [her] through her dress and between her legs."

She claims that he pushed her onto the bed, and despite her alleged protests he "pulled her underpants off and proceeded to penetrate her."

McNulty claims that she told him, "You don't want to do this." She also claims that she said, "Please don't," and that she told him she was not on any type of birth control.

She claims that he said in response, "Don't worry, I'll pull out," which he ultimately did.

At that point, he allowed her to get off the bed. McNulty claims that she went to the bathroom, and "tried to pull herself together." When she emerged, she claims that Roethlisberger asked, "There are cameras on this room, aren't there?"

She responded by saying, "Yes, there are cameras everywhere."

McNulty alleges that he then seem worried, and that his tone became "stern."

"If anyone asks you, you fixed my television," he allegedly said. "You fixed my television. Now go!"

We'll be posting separately the allegations relating to the coworkers at Harrah's, most of which are based on conduct occurring after the alleged assault.

Again, these are only allegations in a civil complaint. There is, to our knowledge, no criminal complaint or investigation, and Roethlisberger through lawyer David Cornwell has strongly denied the contention.

Still, if the allegations set forth above are true, and if sufficient evidence can be compiled to prove that, then this thing could get very ugly for Roethlisberger.

this is pretty specific... this is gonna get ugly

I hope this "lady" has an overactive imagination (and no evidence)
Now those cameras and tapes could prove his innocence for said date and time....
We know in the court of law
"We are innocent until proven guilty"
BUT.....
In the court of public opinion
We are guilty until proven innocent
So unless this just goes away, she is discredited, or ben is proven innocent, this does not bode well for Mr. Roethlisberger.
Plus all the negative publicity this will generate;
As an abuser (allegidly) of women
typical NFL player (Now Feelin' Lucky)

Koopa
07-21-2009, 01:03 PM
That's funny, I thought it was a black girl....:dunno:

I think I'm going to file a suit too :yesnod: I want to get payed for that time Ben touched my *** last year at that fundraiser.

Off-season just wouldn't be the Off season if something didn't happen to 1 of our star players......:duh:

naw it was a white blond ex cheerleader......

Captcoolhand
07-21-2009, 01:27 PM
naw it was a white blond ex cheerleader......
With big pom-pom's too....:D

Richmond Rukus
07-21-2009, 01:29 PM

This train of thought might hold a little more weight had she gone to authorities, and not straight for his pocket. But to this point she has not gone to authorities, and this happens much too often to athletes to hold any merit to her story IMO. Then I read the quote from below, and I am almost convinced she is nothing more than a nutjob.

McNulty has been seeing a psychiatrist over a fictional soldier that she met online and was supposedly engaged to, before she quit receiving emails and communication from a woman who was pretending to be a soldier.
Sources connected with the case tell us a former co-worker of McNulty’s at Harrah’s came forward with this incredible story — that around the time McNulty hooked up with Roethlisberger, she was allegedly involved with a married man. The man’s wife, we’re told, created an email account, posing as a U.S. soldier in Iraq. The wife began corresponding with McNulty to gain information. We’re told the former co-worker has said McNulty fell in love with the fictitious soldier and began telling people she was engaged to him. When the wife stopped the correspondence, McNulty then began telling people the soldier was killed in action

TampaSteelGirl
07-21-2009, 01:57 PM
This train of thought might hold a little more weight had she gone to authorities, and not straight for his pocket. But to this point she has not gone to authorities, and this happens much too often to athletes to hold any merit to her story IMO. Then I read the quote from below, and I am almost convinced she is nothing more than a nutjob.

Where did you read that 2nd quote from? We need a source please...:greengrin:

HUNT4SEVEN
07-21-2009, 02:02 PM

I agree TEE MONT:yellowthumb: well said........

Richmond Rukus
07-21-2009, 02:11 PM
Where did you read that 2nd quote from? We need a source please...:greengrin:

http://bumpshack.com/2009/07/21/andrea-mcnulty-might-actually-be-nutty/

Scorp
07-21-2009, 02:16 PM
I think she needs some of that act right juice. :cope:
liar liar pants on fire. you're going down bitch.:cope:

ejsteeler
07-21-2009, 02:43 PM
bitch drank the koolaid.....:yesnod: :willybs:

If he did it, I will feel bad like T says, but I do not for a minute think he did it. His head has been on too straight for something like this to happen. You never know though, so we'll just have to wait and see.

Zachintosh66
07-21-2009, 03:06 PM
IF this goes criminal... this will be long drawn out... IF it stays civil it wont amount to much and should blow over b/c this means that the police dont have enuff evidence to pursue criminal.

im nervous until this goes away...

KSSteelerfan
07-21-2009, 03:16 PM
Actually I am going to take a wait and see attitude on this. I think with this information just now coming out its a little early to form an opinion on who is guilty of what. If she is trying to bilk money out of Ben based on an extortion approach this will eventually come out and if he is guilty of what he has been accused of then he should pay the price for his crime. Last time I checked our country had an innocent until proven guilty type of legal system. Personally its too early to take one side or the other. I would hope that people would never be tried in the court of public opinion but instead be found that their guilty or not guilty based upon the evidence in this case that a jury of peers will decide upon.

TampaSteelGirl
07-21-2009, 03:17 PM
http://bumpshack.com/2009/07/21/andrea-mcnulty-might-actually-be-nutty/

Thank you!!

Iron City South
07-21-2009, 03:28 PM
I've just got one thing to add .....

"If anyone asks any of you, you fixed my television, you hear me? .... . "You fixed my television bitch. Now go, get the hell out of my room already"

~ B. Rapistberger to Hurrah's employee Andrea McNutcase

:lol::popcorn:

Zachintosh66
07-21-2009, 03:34 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/07/21/more-details-about-roethlisbergers-accuser/

click the link for more thats not helping the womans creditablity...

--- Added 7/21/2009 at 02:34 PM ---

damn she is fuggly... even if Ben was drunk I hope she didnt "fix his tv"

DanRooney
07-21-2009, 04:16 PM

She is white and kinda ugly. You can see her photos at TMZ. Actually here's a slideshow

http://photos.tmz.com/galleries/andrea_mcnulty#47441

steelerfan11
07-21-2009, 04:27 PM
nm no gravity updated with a link...

LatrobePA
07-21-2009, 04:30 PM
She could pass for Ben's sister if you ask me!

86WARD
07-21-2009, 04:38 PM
Nothing a pair of beer goggles can't fix...

--- Added 7/21/2009 at 03:38 PM ---

Post Gazette just posted two updates on Ben...

Roethlisberger's Thursday press conference canceled (http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09202/985357-100.stm)

Suit claims Roethlisberger sexually assaulted woman (http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09202/985356-100.stm)

LarryNJ
07-21-2009, 04:52 PM
If my memory serves me well,was not Jerome accused of assulting a woman years ago, it turned out to be her trying to extort money from him?

Yes that is true, it blew over pretty fast.

that quote says a lot. especially Andrea McNulty? WTF is that supposed to mean?

Look at her picture.:eek1: He obviously was saying there's not enough booze in the state for Ben to do her.

damn she is fuggly... even if Ben was drunk I hope she didnt "fix his tv"

Maybe Ben was living out his man crush on John Elway, she looks a lot like John!

Sir Blitzelot
07-21-2009, 05:41 PM
Just so everyone knows, ESPN has not metioned anything about this case, and it's not listed on their website anywhere. Not sure if that is good or bad at this point.

Zachintosh66
07-21-2009, 06:57 PM
yeah i just read about that... they said they will only report it if it becomes criminal

kinda nice seeing some media giving the athlete the benefit of the dobut

86WARD
07-21-2009, 07:31 PM
Just so everyone knows, ESPN has not metioned anything about this case, and it's not listed on their website anywhere. Not sure if that is good or bad at this point.

it's actually quite shocking...espn lives for this ****...maybe they don't want to jump tp conclusions too quickly...this time...lol.

SteelCityKid5
07-21-2009, 09:08 PM
I could care less. MJ paid a girl a million to shut up, why can't Big Ben? Plus, I highly doubt this is true.

86WARD
07-22-2009, 06:56 AM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9833272/Lawyer:-Steelers-QB-did-not-commit-sexual-assault

In Roethlisberger's room she said she determined the TV was functioning properly but as she turned to leave, the 6-foot-5, 240-pound quarterback blocked her exit, the suit claims.

The lawsuit said he grabbed her and started to kiss her. It said she was "shocked and stunned that this previously friendly man, that appeared to be a gentleman in her previous contacts with him was suddenly preventing her from leaving, was assaulting her and battering her."

She said she feared that because he was a football player he could or would physically harm her if she tried to fight him off, but that she objected and protested several times.

"But instead of stopping, Roethlisberger began fondling plaintiff through her dress and between her legs," the suit said. He then "held her against her will and physically moved plaintiff and pushed her onto his bed" where he raped her, the suit says.

She told him "You don't want to do this," and begged him "I am not on any type of birth control."

Afterward, he asked if there was a security camera in the hallway. She said he then instructed her to claim she had repaired his television if anyone asked why she was in his room.

lol...

She can't be serious...

--- Added 7/22/2009 at 05:56 AM ---

No birth control? Sounds like she's setting it up for a baby 'Berger...

DanRooney
07-22-2009, 07:04 AM
Was looking forward to Ben vs. Shaq too :evilshake:

steelersgal86
07-22-2009, 07:26 AM
No birth control? Sounds like she's setting it up for a baby 'Berger...

:scratch: Well seeing that it happened a year ago.....the baby would already have to be here

lloydfan4life
07-22-2009, 07:50 AM
I could care less. MJ paid a girl a million to shut up, why can't Big Ben? Plus, I highly doubt this is true.

Would YOU pay someone to shut up just because they're accusing you of something.... especially if that something isn't true?? :duh:

steelers4life66
07-22-2009, 08:24 AM
I don't buy it. If I was a female and was raped. I'd be so pissed off the first thing would be to go 2 the cops. If they wanted 2 fire me, fine. After I sewed Ben and got rich I'd buy the hotel and fire the people that fired me.:yesnod:

BlitzburghRockCity
07-22-2009, 08:27 AM
That whole statement she made seems pretty ridiculous, there's no way Ben would rape a woman at all but my God much less in a busy hotel room with camera's everywhere and what not. This chick is just looking for some cash, that's it. Besides this happened what, last year? What a bunch of ****!

All I know is they better get this straightened out before the season starts or it could be a huge distraction for us.

lloydfan4life
07-22-2009, 08:31 AM
That whole statement she made seems pretty ridiculous, there's no way Ben would rape a woman at all but my God much less in a busy hotel room with camera's everywhere and what not. This chick is just looking for some cash, that's it. Besides this happened what, last year? What a bunch of ****!

All I know is they better get this straightened out before the season starts or it could be a huge distraction for us.

:iagree:

steelers4life66
07-22-2009, 08:31 AM

I hope Ben sues the ship out of her, takes everything she has and gives it 2 the homeless.:lol:

BlitzburghRockCity
07-22-2009, 08:36 AM
If this really was rape there's no way you're going to wait a year to report it, you do it right away especially when it involves someone who is in the public spotlight. This just pisses me off in a big way. She's just hard up for money now and during a sleep over with her girlfriends they decided, "hey let's get that football player guy that stayed in the hotel last summer, I bet we can get some money out of him if I cry rape"!

lloydfan4life
07-22-2009, 08:39 AM
Sad thing is, anyone can screw someone's life up with just accusations such as this. :evilshake:

LarryNJ
07-22-2009, 08:41 AM
I hope Ben sews the ship out of her, takes everything she has and gives it 2 the homeless.:lol:

What do you think girl from Canada that works at a hotel fixing TV's has? Her net worth is no doubt in the RED . There would be nothing to sew! Or sue! :lol:

TEEMONT
07-22-2009, 11:34 AM
If this really was rape there's no way you're going to wait a year to report it, you do it right away especially when it involves someone who is in the public spotlight. This just pisses me off in a big way. She's just hard up for money now and during a sleep over with her girlfriends they decided, "hey let's get that football player guy that stayed in the hotel last summer, I bet we can get some money out of him if I cry rape"!

Once again, as much I love to flame people, I think we all should wait until we pass judgement on this chick. If it was a bungle a brown or a raven involved in this we would all be saying how he needs to be suspended.

Besides, how many of us can really say that if she was raped, that she would have reported it right away? How many times has anyone here been raped, especially the guys. It's impossible for the good majority of us to say what we would do had we been raped.

LarryNJ
07-22-2009, 12:14 PM
Once again, as much I love to flame people, I think we all should wait until we pass judgement on this chick.

That's no fun! Besides Ben is like family to us and you always have your families back. It's all part of the code! So until it's proven other wise, she's simply a money hunting lying bitch that should be deported back to Canada. If in the future we find that not to be true we'll say sorry. But I doubt very much that we'll be apologizing on his one! :)

TampaSteelGirl
07-22-2009, 12:49 PM

Why should he have to pay her a dime??? She doesn't deserve it!

BBG7
07-22-2009, 02:04 PM
it's actually quite shocking...espn lives for this ****...maybe they don't want to jump tp conclusions too quickly...this time...lol.

For some reason which no one knows why (not even ESPN reporters) there is a strict "Do Not Report" order dealing with this story. There was no explination as to why either.

http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=sbd.main&ArticleID=131926

lloydfan4life
07-22-2009, 02:33 PM
For some reason which no one knows why (not even ESPN reporters) there is a strict "Do Not Report" order dealing with this story. There was no explination as to why either.

http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=sbd.main&ArticleID=131926

Nice find, BBG. Thanks for the link. Makes you wonder why ESPN isn't reporting the story.

ejsteeler
07-22-2009, 02:42 PM
From what I read (can't find it now to link it...) they put out the memo because they had information from a source that says it is a bogus charge. :dunno:

LarryNJ
07-22-2009, 03:14 PM
My guess would be that ESPN feels it's probably bogus and they figure if they don't report it and everyone else does Ben will remember that. So now they can be at the top of the list of the 2x SB winning QB. A couple of future exclusives with Ben = more $$$ than reporting this story. It's all business.

86WARD
07-22-2009, 04:23 PM
:scratch: Well seeing that it happened a year ago.....the baby would already have to be here

Duh...she's probably got it stashed away to unveil it during the court case...lol...

btw...I'm being sarcastic with the "baby talk..."

TheButt
07-22-2009, 05:04 PM
Funny how you all jump on this woman... maybe everything she is saying is true.. maybe Ben was drunk and went overboard... in his mind he was doing nothing that he thought was wrong.. talking to a hot chick,, I'll call you later.. hey why dont you come over and check it out yourself.... slobber kisss slobber.... " no dont .. you dont want to do this Im not on birth control " (sounds a little fishy right there) If a girl says that to me.. Im like I dont give a fook , Im in there. Maybe Ben thought the same..

Give it time people ... Lets hear from Ben then judge. We heard her story. Lets hear his.

Do I think he did it..No. Was it sexual assualt or not ? Maybe it was a little of both... it does happen. I damn sure he didnt abused her in anyway. Hence I dont think it was all out rape.

One thing is for sure.. this season and the rest of his life he will be labled.. never looked at again the same way. Always doubt. Always guilty by all the haters. Fook them.

Richmond Rukus
07-22-2009, 05:46 PM
It's hard not to jump all over this woman. This is a message board, we can only go on what we know, which isnt much at this point, but it all points to her being a fruitcake. She was afraid to report the incident because she was scared she would get fired, so what does she do. Reports it to the same people she was scared would find out about the situation and fire her. The same people she doesn't trust and who are also now defendants in this case. She tells her co-workers, and am I to believe fellow female co-workers would not sympathize with their raped female co-worker if they believed it might even be true. They didn't because she was already a basket case banging a married dude, and falling in love with her lovers wife over the internet while the wife posed as a soldier. Went as far as to announce they were engagement, and from the way it sounds, was already seeking psychiatric help when the encounter with Ben happened. But, according to this nutjob, the psyciatric help was all due to her sexual assault. She has no ground to stand on. She never went to the hospital, used a rape kit, notified authorities, all the while, notified her employers and confided in her co-workers, so ebarassment for anyone to find out flies out of the window. This lady is either lying, more than likely the case, or a complete idiot and/or poorly advised by her legal representation. That said, if somehow they are holding a smoking gun that somehow proves this to be true, which is almost impossible a year afterwards, then I would say show Ben the door. Not the one out of Pittsburgh, the one into a jail cell where he could rot for a long time.

RW318
07-22-2009, 05:46 PM

They put a lockdown on the story and told all reporters to leave it alone (you know since they hate the Steelers so much like every media outlet(not sure if it's still in effect)). Rather than crucify him like they would do to any other athlete. ESPN is a media outlet....they would normally report anything....so that "they're not doing it because they think it's a bogus charge"....is BS.

Some of y'all calling this girl a "stupid bitch" were the same ones calling Kobe a rapist when the girl had a semen factory in her panties huh? Interesting......

Koopa
07-22-2009, 06:24 PM
They put a lockdown on the story and told all reporters to leave it alone (you know since they hate the Steelers so much like every media outlet(not sure if it's still in effect)). Rather than crucify him like they would do to any other athlete. ESPN is a media outlet....they would normally report anything....so that "they're not doing it because they think it's a bogus charge"....is BS.

Some of y'all calling this girl a "stupid bitch" were the same ones calling Kobe a rapist when the girl had a semen factory in her panties huh? Interesting......

kobe is a rapist...did you not see what he did to the magic

LarryNJ
07-22-2009, 06:34 PM
Here's a very interesting read on how this all might break down. I think the bitch (my personal view of her) and her attorney know that Harrahs and Big Ben will probably pay something to just make it go away. It's not right, I hope they fight it and she gets nothing.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/article/2009-07-22/final-answer-roethlisberger-case-could-be-months-away

86WARD
07-22-2009, 07:21 PM
Funny how you all jump on this woman... maybe everything she is saying is true.. maybe Ben was drunk and went overboard... in his mind he was doing nothing that he thought was wrong.. talking to a hot chick,, I'll call you later.. hey why dont you come over and check it out yourself.... slobber kisss slobber.... " no dont .. you dont want to do this Im not on birth control " (sounds a little fishy right there) If a girl says that to me.. Im like I dont give a fook , Im in there. Maybe Ben thought the same..

Give it time people ... Lets hear from Ben then judge. We heard her story. Lets hear his.

Do I think he did it..No. Was it sexual assualt or not ? Maybe it was a little of both... it does happen. I damn sure he didnt abused her in anyway. Hence I dont think it was all out rape.

One thing is for sure.. this season and the rest of his life he will be labled.. never looked at again the same way. Always doubt. Always guilty by all the haters. Fook them.

Why wouldn't she file a criminal charge? That's my beef with her. If you're raped, go to the police.

Black@Gold Forever32
07-22-2009, 07:44 PM
Once again, as much I love to flame people, I think we all should wait until we pass judgement on this chick. If it was a bungle a brown or a raven involved in this we would all be saying how he needs to be suspended.

Besides, how many of us can really say that if she was raped, that she would have reported it right away? How many times has anyone here been raped, especially the guys. It's impossible for the good majority of us to say what we would do had we been raped.

Dude, you just hate so much that you want him to be guilty.....lol I'm in the middle on this until all the facts are clear........But it does seem strange she waited a year and no criminal charges have been filed......If Ben is proven guilty then he is scumbag but if he is not then he deserves an apology from the people that think he is guilty.......

Like I said I have no opinion on this yet since its way to early..........I just hope Ben is innocent.......

yinzer
07-22-2009, 07:46 PM
what is it with ben and offseasons after a superbowl win?? for crying out loud, ben.

ejsteeler
07-22-2009, 07:50 PM
RR said it best a few posts back, her story does not hold water. Her excuse of not filing criminal charges is so just doesn't get fired but yet she already told them about it....???? I don't buy it.
But for the record, if he did it, he should rot in jail and lose all his money to a rape victims charity....just sayin'

yinzer
07-22-2009, 07:54 PM
RR said it best a few posts back, her story does not hold water. Her excuse of not filing criminal charges is so just doesn't get fired but yet she already told them about it....???? I don't buy it.
But for the record, if he did it, he should rot in jail and lose all his money to a rape victims charity....just sayin'

i agree that her story holds no water but this definitely serves as a distraction with training camp coming up.

dawgs
07-22-2009, 08:07 PM
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=387699

interresting.

lloydfan4life
07-22-2009, 09:01 PM
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=387699

interresting.

This is old news. Haven't you been following along? :duh:

Silverback 92
07-22-2009, 09:51 PM
money does strange things to people

Tr305
07-23-2009, 02:43 AM
its funny how this happen a year ago and she says something now? after hes coming off winning the superbowl?.... can you say money hungry

86WARD
07-23-2009, 08:14 AM
yes. money hungry whore. lol...

ejsteeler
07-23-2009, 12:53 PM
yes. money hungry whore. lol...

Now, now, "whore" is not politically correct. She is horizontally accessable. :yesnod:

TEEMONT
07-23-2009, 02:14 PM
Dude, you just hate so much that you want him to be guilty.....lol

Yeah I hate havign him on the steelers....

It has nothing to do with hate. It has to do with having a family member who has been raped...that went through the same **** that most fo the people here are giving this girl. People calling her a liar, a tramp, a ho. No wonder chicks bury their shame. B/c unless its a black former criminal doing the raping, no one belives the woman, even the women here.

She may be lying, but until a court proves she is, I'm giving her the benfit of the doubt.

TampaSteelGirl
07-23-2009, 02:19 PM
Soooooo if before she was worried about filing a criminal charge becuase she may lose her job, everyone knows about it now, why not file a criminal charge now??? THen if they fired her she can sue them for firing her. Although reading the civil suit documents it sounds kind of creepy real. I pray he would never do anything like that.

lloydfan4life
07-23-2009, 02:20 PM
PITTSBURGH -- A private eye who helped clear former Steelers running back Jerome Bettis before sexual assault charges were filed talked to Channel 11 on Tuesday about allegations against Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger.

Roethlisberger has been named as a defendant in a civil lawsuit filed by a woman in Nevada. No criminal charges were filed against Roethlisberger. According to online court records, the civil lawsuit, which is categorized as a defamation lawsuit, was filed in Washoe County on Friday. Andrea McNulty is listed as the plaintiff. Roethlisberger was one of nine defendants listed in the online court docket report.

Louis Gentile, the retired head of the state police Narcotics Enforcement Bureau, believes the accusations are very suspect.

Gentile was hired by Bettis in 2002. A Greensburg woman accused Bettis of sexual assault after meeting the football star at a Westmoreland County bar.

Gentile told Channel 11 the investigation concluded, exonerating Bettis of any wrongdoing, and the sexual contact they had was consensual. The accuser and a relative of hers were alleged to have conspired to frame Bettis.

Gentile has great suspicions about McNulty's accusations against Super Bowl champion Big Ben.

"My initial impression is: No. 1 -- what took her so long? No. 2 -- I think it's more than a coincidence that this is announced a few days before training camp starts," said Gentile.

In addition, Gentile said the standard of proof in a civil case is much lower than a criminal case, making the suit further suspect.

Link to Story (http://www.wpxi.com/news/20133066/detail.html)

Maybe it's women like the one Bettis dealt with that make it hard to believe this woman who is accusing Ben.

86WARD
07-23-2009, 04:57 PM
Now, now, "whore" is not politically correct. She is horizontally accessable. :yesnod:

my bad. i shouldn't pass judgement...we'll let the courts decide what to call her.

--- Added 7/23/2009 at 03:57 PM ---

It has nothing to do with hate. It has to do with having a family member who has been raped...that went through the same **** that most fo the people here are giving this girl. People calling her a liar, a tramp, a ho. No wonder chicks bury their shame. B/c unless its a black former criminal doing the raping, no one belives the woman, even the women here.

She may be lying, but until a court proves she is, I'm giving her the benfit of the doubt.

The terms "raped" were never used in this case...

Sexual Assault and Rape are two totally different things...come on now...:nono:

K Train
07-23-2009, 06:15 PM
it really is different when it comes to pro athletes though, im sorry about your family member tee who had to go through that but 90% of the time when it comes to a high profile athlete girls get drunk and throw themselves at them and call foul when they realize they can make a buck. ben bangs alot of girls and rightfully so, hes a big ****ing superstar stud....i cant see him or any one in his position really jeopardizing their career for some drunk bitch they dont care about at all cause its not like hes desperate for pussy. this isnt about me not thinking he could possibly do this cause thats retarded, but im willing to give him the benefit of a doubt considering this happens over and over again

ejsteeler
07-23-2009, 07:16 PM
it really is different when it comes to pro athletes though, im sorry about your family member tee who had to go through that but 90% of the time when it comes to a high profile athlete girls get drunk and throw themselves at them and call foul when they realize they can make a buck. ben bangs alot of girls and rightfully so, hes a big ****ing superstar stud....i cant see him or any one in his position really jeopardizing their career for some drunk bitch they dont care about at all cause its not like hes desperate for pussy. this isnt about me not thinking he could possibly do this cause thats retarded, but im willing to give him the benefit of a doubt considering this happens over and over again

:plus1:

TEEMONT
07-23-2009, 07:43 PM

hey man, if it comes out this is crap (which I think it will and then I will flame this chick as much as anyone else) then I agree 100% with you.

The broad is ugly as sin, thats the only bad thing I will say about her as of now.

K Train
07-23-2009, 07:45 PM
havent seen her yet

TEEMONT
07-23-2009, 07:48 PM
watch your eyes....bitch got Big Bens teeth

http://photos.tmz.com/galleries/andrea_mcnulty

K Train
07-23-2009, 07:59 PM
oh jeez

Black@Gold Forever32
07-23-2009, 07:59 PM

Ok....I didn't mention race or anything but thanks for taking to that level.....I was just giving you a hard time since we all know Ben isn't your favorite Steeler...

That is fine you're giving her the benefit of the doubt.....But I'm taking the middle ground on the issue since we don't know but it does look this case was full of **** since the case was basically dropped....

By the way I have had members of my family also raped....I guess we should just believe all women that cry rape.....lol You're family and my family has nothing to do with this case......

lloydfan4life
07-23-2009, 08:04 PM
.....The broad is ugly as sin, thats the only bad thing I will say about her as of now.

:thinking: although, in Ben's defense, maybe he had his beer goggles on.

igor0190
07-23-2009, 11:31 PM
Ben is being SUED for MONEY.
Not criminally charged.

Unless this case goes criminal nobody should be worried because right now it is only a ploy to exploit money out of a rich celebrity and/or the hotel it happened at.

TEEMONT
07-23-2009, 11:33 PM
Ok....I didn't mention race or anything but thanks for taking to that level.....I was just giving you a hard time since we all know Ben isn't your favorite Steeler...

That is fine you're giving her the benefit of the doubt.....But I'm taking the middle ground on the issue since we don't know but it does look this case was full of **** since the case was basically dropped....

By the way I have had members of my family also raped....I guess we should just believe all women that cry rape.....lol You're family and my family has nothing to do with this case......

my point is...you dont discredit a girl either...no matter when she says she was raped (or sexaully assaulted....same thing). It's one of th reasons girls are so afraid to come out sometime....b/c people take the same stance as some people here.

I really hope he didnt....not b/c he will prob miss at least a year...but b/c he used to bang Natalie Gulbis.

86WARD
07-24-2009, 07:46 AM
I just posted this in the other Ben thread as well...but here's his statement if anyone missed it...

"I did not sexually assault [the woman]. Saturday was the first that I learned of her accusations.

"Her false and vicious allegations are an attack on my family and on me. I would never, ever force myself on a woman. I'm going to fight to protect my family and my reputation.

"I'm not going to discuss my private life or this civil case in the media. I'll respond to her outrageous allegations in the appropriate forum.

"I have an obligation to our fans, to my teammates, to my coaches and everyone in the organization to remain focused on the Pittsburgh Steelers, and I will do that.

"The allegations against me are reckless and false. As much as I'd like to answer everyone's questions, I'm going to respect the legal process, and I am confident that the truth will prevail. Thank you."

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09205/986090-66.stm#ixzz0MB04mPOQ

Richmond Rukus
07-24-2009, 11:34 AM
A couple valid points another Steelers fan brought up.

If this girl actually got raped, shouldn't we assume that she would ask for millions, not just $400k?

Secondly, one of the main reasons she may have chosen to not make this a criminal case is because falsifying a claim to the police is in itself a crime - and her attorney may have warned her of this.

Also if she had filed a criminal complaint she would have had to offer sworn testimony before a Grand Jury in order for there to be any chance of an indictment for Ben. In fact even with her testimony I'm not positive that a Grand Jury would have ordered Ben to stand trial based on the evidence that's known as of now.

LarryNJ
07-24-2009, 11:47 AM
A couple valid points another Steelers fan brought up.If this girl actually got raped, shouldn't we assume that she would ask for millions, not just $400k?

It's not just $400,000...you can bet they have their sights set much much higher than that.

For Special Damages, including but not limited to loss of wages,
Medical bills and expenses, and other out of pocket expenses in excess
of Three Hundred and Eighty Thousand Dollars ($380,000.00),
according to the proof.
2. For General Damages in Excess of Ten Thousand Dollars, according
to proof.
3. For attorneys fees and costs.
4. For Punitive Damages.
5. For such other and further relief that is appropriate according to the
proof.

Richmond Rukus
07-24-2009, 12:10 PM
It's not just $400,000...you can bet they have their sights set much much higher than that.

For Special Damages, including but not limited to loss of wages,
Medical bills and expenses, and other out of pocket expenses in excess
of Three Hundred and Eighty Thousand Dollars ($380,000.00),
according to the proof.
2. For General Damages in Excess of Ten Thousand Dollars, according
to proof.
3. For attorneys fees and costs.
4. For Punitive Damages.
5. For such other and further relief that is appropriate according to the
proof.

I haven't read back through the document, but isn't that basically stating $380,000 as a minimum for the items you listed, and anything further that might be awarded? I was under the assumption civil suits generally started high, and settled for a lower amount.

Stlrs4Life
07-28-2009, 06:24 PM
Like we all already know:

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2009/07/24/body-language-expert-thinks-ben-roethlisberger-is-telling-the-tr/

LatrobePA
07-28-2009, 07:53 PM
What did we expect when he took the stand, hip thrusting?? That would of been a sign he's lying! lol

BB may of knocked the booty but the skank wanted it!

Silverback 92
07-28-2009, 10:46 PM
Im sure she couldnt have stood up like that and plead her case

RIVERS OF STEEL
07-28-2009, 11:08 PM
There are no legs to this story. If you don't hear about it on NFL forums after 5 days, that says there is something wrong with this picture. Exactly what I'm not sure of.

Captcoolhand
08-02-2009, 10:20 AM
Roethlisberger accuser allegedly target of harrassing calls

The woman who accused Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger of rape had to change her telephone number after she said she received more than 100 threats and harassing telephone calls since she filed a civil lawsuit against the football star.

Andrea McNulty of Gardnerville filed a complaint Thursday with the Douglas County Sheriff's Office.

She said the callers left threats that “If you don't stop this, something's going to happen,” and calling her names.

McNulty, 30, said the telephone calls began July 21 when news of the lawsuit broke.

Most of the telephone numbers were blocked, but deputies traced two telephone messages to Pittsburgh and Miami. They were unable to contact the callers.

McNulty said all the callers were men except one from “squealing girls.”

Deputies told her to keep a log of the calls and advised her to change her telephone number, which McNulty said she would.

In a lawsuit filed July 17 in Washoe County, McNulty claimed that Roethlisberger raped her in July 2008 while he was participating in the American Century Championship celebrity golf tournament at Edgewood Tahoe Golf Course.

She worked at Harrah's Tahoe casi no as a VIP host during the golf tour nament where Roethlisberger was a guest.

McNulty never reported the alleged assault which Roethlisberger, 27, has denied. She claimed Harrah's officials, whom she named in the lawsuit, pres sured her to keep quiet.

The lawsuit was served on Roethlisberger July 18 as he participat ed in this year's tournament.

Although Harrah's spokespeople have declined to discuss the allegations in detail, they have said they believe the employees of Harrah's who are named in the suit will be absolved of any alleged wrong-doing.

“We are confident that once all the facts are brought to light, a much different story will emerge and our employees will be dismissed from the case,” Harrah's Entertainment spokeswoman Jacqueline Peterson said in a statement. “It is also impor tant to note that Harrah's Entertainment is not a party to this case and we will have no further comment at this time.” My god, why don't they just drop this **** until it's settled in court.....:cursin:
How does so many people including in Pittsburgh and Miami get her phone number any ways. :duh:Sick of hearing about this!:2cents:

JensK
08-02-2009, 10:23 AM
whats the time-frame normally on a civil case?

steelers4life66
08-02-2009, 10:33 AM
The woman who accused Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger of rape had to change her telephone number after she said she received more than 100 threats and harassing telephone calls since she filed a civil lawsuit against the football star.

Andrea McNulty of Gardnerville filed a complaint Thursday with the Douglas County Sheriff's Office.

She said the callers left threats that “If you don't stop this, something's going to happen,” and calling her names.

McNulty, 30, said the telephone calls began July 21 when news of the lawsuit broke.

Most of the telephone numbers were blocked, but deputies traced two telephone messages to Pittsburgh and Miami. They were unable to contact the callers.

McNulty said all the callers were men except one from “squealing girls.”

Deputies told her to keep a log of the calls and advised her to change her telephone number, which McNulty said she would.

The only thing that surprises me is she's only gotten phone calls. :lol: :cope: :banana2:

Captcoolhand
08-02-2009, 10:47 AM
whats the time-frame normally on a civil case?Crap like this could get dragged out for years...:yesnod:

steelersbabex25
08-02-2009, 04:35 PM
As much as I love that she's siding with Ben..this whole thing is just rediculous. Yeah it's a serious accusation but..people will try to get money from pro athletes anyway that they can..sad but true

SteelersWoman
08-02-2009, 05:04 PM
Body language and facial expressions tell the story behind what's goin on in our head (and heart). It's a subconcious thing, and most of us don't even realize it's happening.

GoBenGo
08-02-2009, 09:57 PM
Body Language Expert Thinks Ben Roethlisberger Is Telling the Truth .....well that's a relief...

profellisdtrails
08-02-2009, 10:37 PM
well it's a good thing this body language expert is here to crack the case. Someone get joe pesci and marisa tomei

Fan Of STEEL
08-03-2009, 04:04 AM
It's good to see Ben get some support. I hope the woman is found to be a fraud and that that story is big news. It's the only way Ben will get his reputation back. Sad as it is once you get accused it's hard to go away.

VictoryD
08-03-2009, 11:43 AM
Roethlisberger denies civil allegations of sexual assault

Posted by Mike Florio on July 20, 2009 8:57 PM ET
In a complaint that reads like the rape allegations made several years ago against NBA star Kobe Bryant, Harrah's employee Andrea McNulty alleges sexual assault against Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger in a lawsuit filed last week in Washoe County, Nevada.

But lawyer David Cornwell strongly denied the allegations Monday night, in a statement released to PFT. "Ben has never sexually assaulted anyone; especially Andrea McNulty," Cornwell said.

In the civil suit, which Cornwell confirms was served on Roethlisberger over the weekend and a copy of which our own Gregg Rosenthal has obtained, McNulty alleges that Roethlisberger asked her to come to his hotel room to fix the television, and that he thereafter forced her to have sex with him.

Roethlisberger faces one civil count of assault, one civil count of sexual assault and battery, one civil count of false imprisonment, one civil count of false pretenses, one civil count of fraud, and one civil count of intentonal infliction of emtional distress.

McNulty also claims that the coworkers named in the complaint thereafter defamed her by making allegedly false and inflammatory statements, and by allegedly serving as aiders and abettors of Roethlisberger's alleged misconduct after the fact.

Cornwell, a finalist for the position of NFLPA Executive Director who has represented in the recent past Saints running back Reggie Bush and Browns receiver Donte' Stallworth, points to the fact that no criminal complaint has been filed, and that no criminal investigation has occurred.

It's unknown at this point whether McNulty ever has attempted to file criminal charges as a result of the incident, which allegedly occurred in July 2008.

"Ben will not be baited into a public discussion about his personal life, but we will defend
him vigorously," Cornwell said. "The limited value that Ms. McNulty derived from public disclosure of these viciously false allegations is the only value she will ever receive from Ben in this case."

Regardless of how this one turns out, it has the potential to serve as a significant distraction for Roethlisberger as the 2009 season approaches, especially if the lawsuit triggers a criminal probe.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:thinking: looks like another one of those offseasons...
Who the **** cares- it's BEN ROETHLISBURGER. Diplomatic immunity now!

Stlrs4Life
08-08-2009, 11:09 AM
http://rgj.com/assets/pdf/J714012387.PDF

Very good read!

K Train
08-08-2009, 01:44 PM
this will be domination by bens lawyers, they will rape her in the courtroom THEN she can complain

LarryNJ
08-08-2009, 07:48 PM
http://rgj.com/assets/pdf/J714012387.PDF

Very good read!

Yes it is. How many times did they spell Pittsburgh wrong?:lol:

DBR96A
08-08-2009, 08:49 PM
Yes it is. How many times did they spell Pittsburgh wrong?:lol:

According to the U.S. Postal Service, Pittsburgh is the most frequently-misspelled major city name in the country.

steelers4life66
08-09-2009, 08:52 AM
BAM BABY!!!!!!! Suck it you B**ch!!!!! Your Lawsuit's sinking like the Titanic! :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

lloydfan4life
08-09-2009, 10:03 PM
Good find Dom! :yellowthumb:

Andrea needs a good :spank:

Lyin HO!

It's Biotch's like this who make people doubt other women's stories.

TampaSteelGirl
08-10-2009, 12:49 PM
THank God for this girl!! I knew Ben could never do anything like that!! Man sh'es going to end up going to jail for slander! I'd make sure of that! WHat a dirty lying whore!!

She has no idea she'll be the most hated woman in America now....Octomom will be happy she's not in the #1 spot anymore!! :hilarious:

K Train
08-10-2009, 12:55 PM
THank God for this girl!! I knew Ben could never do anything like that!! Man sh'es going to end up going to jail for slander! I'd make sure of that! WHat a dirty lying whore!!

lol another one of those

TampaSteelGirl
08-10-2009, 01:03 PM
lol another one of those

:sSig_hi::bigfinger: off K-train......Do you still hate women??? :thinking:

LarryNJ
08-10-2009, 01:47 PM
:bitchslap:

LSWANNFAN88
08-10-2009, 04:49 PM
he won't pay her a dime to get rid of this case

ItAintEasyBeingPeazy
08-19-2009, 09:19 AM
New Details Emerge In Big Ben lawsuit
Ben Roethlisberger's attorney has released nearly 200 e-mails that he says prove Andrea McNulty was not raped.

The woman who filed a lawsuit against Ben Roethlisberger reportedly sent an e-mail saying she was going to dinner with him less than 24 hours after the alleged assault.

According to our news partners at the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, nearly two dozen e-mails and roughly 150 instant messages were recently released by Roethlisberger's attorney William David Cornwell Sr.

Cornwell says the e-mails prove that Andrea McNulty was not raped.

In another development, one of the other defendants named in the lawsuit has filed a motion to have the case dismissed.

Former Harrah's employee and former best-friend of McNulty, Stacy Dingman, filed the motion because she thinks the lawsuit is baseless. She also feels that she was dragged into it without justification. from kdka.com

~This thing is evaporating into thin air..should be a non-issue by Sept. Thank god.

Slug
08-19-2009, 09:49 AM
Yeah, this chick is made of crazy. She was just hunting for a big payday. It's trash like this that makes it more difficult for women who were really assaulted to report it and be taken seriously. I hope she slips in a puddle of swine flu.

TampaSteelGirl
08-19-2009, 11:08 AM
Yeah, this chick is made of crazy. She was just hunting for a big payday. It's trash like this that makes it more difficult for women who were really assaulted to report it and be taken seriously. I hope she slips in a puddle of swine flu.

:hilarious: Yep..yep

LatrobePA
08-19-2009, 11:14 AM
Put her and Brett Favre in a boat and send their asses far far away!

TampaSteelGirl
08-19-2009, 11:23 AM
When this is all said and done as one of the conditions not to be sued i'd make McNutty get on national tv on several channels you name it and make her tell everyone she's a big fat liar and a nutcase!! I mean countersuing her isn't going to do anything, but humilating her on national TV just may help the other gold diggin whores think twice about crying rape out there!! Another scorned lover gone bad!! :evilshake:

LatrobePA
08-19-2009, 12:01 PM
Good idea, or just just shoot her???

LarryNJ
08-19-2009, 04:21 PM
It's our legal system and attonerys that are a joke. What she is is accussing Ben of is a very serious crime. If there aren't criminal charges the civil court shouldn't even waste their time with it.

SteelCurtainYinzer
08-19-2009, 05:03 PM
I still am interested in finding out if the imaginary soldier is following her around. Apparently an employee was saying that he was undergoing medical care because she was being haunted by an unknown soldier....if that didn't throw up the WTF signal that this girl was BAT S**T Crazy I don't know what is