PDA

View Full Version : Vick sentence over

TEEMONT
07-20-2009, 06:33 PM
As of today Mike Vick's sentence is over. My question is...should Goodell let him play thi syear?

I say yes.

lloydfan4life
07-20-2009, 07:16 PM
I didn't vote because I'm still on the fence about it.

On one hand Vick did his time and paid his due to the system that convicted him. I believe everyone deserves a second chance.

On the other hand, IMO, playing for the NFL should be considered a privilege and along with that privilege comes the responsibility of being a role model whether or not you want it and Mike Vick screwed up. I think professional athletes should be held to a much higher standard simply because of this.

So like I said, I'm on the fence on this one. :scratch:

Troyisabeast_43
07-20-2009, 09:15 PM
Personally, being a huge dog lover and owning 3 dogs myself I wish they would throw Michael Vick in a cage with a Pitbull and have him get torn to shreds. I say that's what they should do with piece of **** Vick instead of reinstating him back into the NFL...

Hburg
07-20-2009, 09:28 PM
I say let him play. Yes.

BuFu

JensK
07-21-2009, 03:18 AM
I say let him play... He did his time and payed quite a bit for it as well. He seems to work really hard to redeem him self, so i really don't see why they wouldnt give him a second chance - If he messes anything up again, they can always throw him into a cage with a pitbull..

86WARD
07-21-2009, 07:56 AM
Yes. He did his time. He was suspended from football for two years. If Goodell wants to suspend him for another 4 games...fine, but anything more than that is ridiculous. He deserves a chance to "work" just like any other person that serves time would. If there are teams or "companies" out there willing to offer him employment, he should have the opportunity to be hired. Suspending him another whole year like some people in the media are saying is ridiculous. You are then essentially suspending an NFL Player for life. No player can miss three years and comeback to the NFL...

He should play this season if a team signs him...4 game suspension max...if Goodell feels the need, but he's done his time and his suspension.

LarryNJ
07-21-2009, 05:03 PM
I voted yes. He served his time and paid the price losing about $100 million. Godell should leave it up to the owners if they want to hire him or not.

LarryNJ
07-22-2009, 12:08 PM
If they let him play...what team do you think would take him? He really was on a downward swing completing 50% of his passes...now he has had 2 years off. I really believe that he's not smart enough to be an above average QB. The best he'll ever be now is a wildcat or slash guy. Not an every down QB. What owner will take all the negatives to go along with so few pluses? One thing for sure is we know he won't ever be wearing black and gold!

K Train
07-22-2009, 03:39 PM
its one thing to suspend pacman and not let him play, he has multiple run ins, vick was convicted and served federal time, he paid a big price (for imo not a serious crime at all) i think hes should be allowed back into the NFL because he paid back society for a completely blown out of proportion incident.

seahawks, 9ers, rams, broncos, bills all seem like good fits

PsychoWard
07-22-2009, 05:47 PM
Yes

What he did was wrong but IMO there are other out there that do a lot worse (Pacman) that should still be in jail! he did his time and paid for it. If he is able to play I say let him!

SteelersWoman
07-22-2009, 08:06 PM
playing for the NFL should be considered a privilege and along with that privilege comes the responsibility of being a role model whether or not you want it

What makes me say "no" even more, is the fact that he lied about it from the beginning. So he's only sorry he got caught--NOT sorry that he did it, and there's a HUGE difference.

So while I feel that he should have a second chance in society, the riches that the NFL brings should belong to ones who own up to their actions from the beginning, and take steps to right them--not after they've been proven to be lying.

Koopa
07-22-2009, 08:10 PM
i put no cause i don't think he'll play this year...goodell is a fag and will try to make them tree hugging Peta bitches happy by not letting him play till next year...... but he will be in the nfl again...... he can still draw fans to the game, so he still has value...... and if players like pacman and henry get second chances vick should too

K Train
07-22-2009, 08:39 PM
theres no shame in trying to cover your ***, he got caught and dealt with it. he gets a year and a half and loses everything, stallworth drops 300 at the bar for shots of patron and kills a man on his way home and gets 30 days

lets be serious....plus vick didnt really do anything wrong, getting caught lying put him behind bars the actual offense is nothing

Silverback 92
07-22-2009, 09:54 PM
Make him play for the Browns now thats justice

ejsteeler
07-23-2009, 12:57 PM
he served his time, he should be allowed to play. :2cents:

LarryNJ
07-24-2009, 09:56 AM
Reports are that he may recieve a 4 game suspension...I would think that pretty much kills any chance of him playing this year.

LarryNJ
07-27-2009, 04:16 PM
He's allowed back! Can start practicing if someone signs him. We need a tab on that! :)

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9859346/Goodell-conditionally-reinstates-Vick-to-NFL?GT1=39002

JensK
07-27-2009, 04:22 PM
from nfl.com

The NFL announced Monday that commissioner Roger Goodell has reinstated QB Michael Vick on a conditional basis.

Vick will be considered for full reinstatement and will be eligible to play in regular-season games by Week 6 (Oct. 18-19). He had been suspended indefinitely since August 2007 after pleading guilty to federal charges relating to a dogfighting enterprise. He served 23 months in prison and was released from federal custody on July 20.

Vick, who’s an unrestricted free agent, can now participate in preseason practices, workouts and meetings and may play in the final two preseason games. During the regular season, Vick can participate in all team activities other than games. Vick also will be periodically evaluated by Goodell during his suspension and will be mentored by former Colts coach Tony Dungy.

TEEMONT
07-27-2009, 06:58 PM
the suspension is crap......

BlacknGold Bleeder
07-27-2009, 09:28 PM
The way Goodell runs things the suspension is inevitable. He was never officially suspended by the NFL. He did time for racketeering so the NFL should give him type of suspension, 4 games would be typical. Now it remains to be seen if someone will sign him....

lloydfan4life
07-27-2009, 09:31 PM
the suspension is crap......

I've gotta agree with you on this one. :evilshake:

I believe what Vick did was wrong, but the man served his time and paid his due. The suspension from Goodell is BS.

Wish somebody could suspend Roger!

SteelersfaninPhilly
07-27-2009, 10:12 PM
So Gooddell should reinstate stallworth once he does his time for murder?

TampaSteelGirl
07-28-2009, 12:41 PM
Yes, as much as I love dogs, the man did his time. he didn't complain he just did his time. I feel that he's paid the price, now let the man play!

Bucsfan4ever
07-28-2009, 02:31 PM
See where Vegas odds are 4-1 that he goes to the Steelers or NE...

Could this really happen???

steelersgal86
07-28-2009, 02:51 PM
See where Vegas odds are 4-1 that he goes to the Steelers or NE...

Could this really happen???

:eek:

Callax
07-28-2009, 02:59 PM
I am also a dog lover, having 2 little fur balls....
In the world of dog fighting, they'd be food or appitizers....
But it makes my blood boil thinking how the other dogs were abused/mistreated for fighting or other people's "pleasure"
Let him sit on his A$$ for the rest of this year to make sure he realizes working in the NFL is a privilege, not a right...
He pi$$ed that away when he got into this deplorable act..
No, i am not a PETA zealot, but I do love my pups!!!!!!

Bucsfan4ever
07-28-2009, 06:06 PM
Now that Favre's going to remain retired, maybe the Vikes will take him!

DIESELMAN
07-29-2009, 04:50 PM
Yes he paid his "dues" and yes he deserves a 2nd chance in society. BUT that 2nd chance doesn't mean in the NFL where his paycheck helped payroll the dog fighting circuit. Let him get a real job....playing in the NFL is a privilege, not a right. If he hadn't got caught, he would still be doing it today....kills me when people serve a few years, then get out and have the same speech as everyone else...."I have changed, I have seen the error of my ways, I have matured" LMFAO!!! You want another chance? do 5 years in the real world, and see what kind of person you really are.

Zachintosh66
07-29-2009, 05:54 PM
I think he will end up:

Buff, Min, Wash

SteelersfaninPhilly
07-29-2009, 09:54 PM
Hearing Jacksonville has serious interest.

SteelerSteve
08-14-2009, 03:05 AM
****! It doesn't really matter what the crime was anymore! He spent time in prison, got out so it doesn't matter what your moral standing on dog fighting is. He was punished regardless. Now all the only order of business is sitting back and seeing if the guy can get out there and play.