PDA

View Full Version : #1 Fanbase

BlackGold4vr
07-16-2009, 11:38 AM
Jamie Dukes ranks the best and most traveled fan base at NFL.com

To no surprise Steeler Nation comes in at #1

Of course we already knew that. I live in CA and there are more Steeler fans in my town than any other teams fans. It really pisses off those Raider fans because they are the closest team to where I live.

:helmet:

ejsteeler
07-16-2009, 01:43 PM
Yeah, I watched that too. I had no doubt who was going to be first. Dukes has been rather flattering to our team lately. They made a believer out of him I guess....:cope:

dawgs
07-16-2009, 02:09 PM
jamie dukes?

But for real, Steelers have a great fan base. Not sure about #1 because you guys have what? 5-6 superbowls. You guys are also always good.

if browns and steelers switched sides, and you still had fans all around the world, then you do have the #1 fanbase. But theres alot of front runners right now.

LatrobePA
07-16-2009, 02:19 PM
jamie dukes?

But for real, Steelers have a great fan base. Not sure about #1 because you guys have what? 5-6 superbowls. You guys are also always good.

if browns and steelers switched sides, and you still had fans all around the world, then you do have the #1 fanbase. But theres alot of front runners right now.

Dude please never ever say switching sides with the shittiest team in the NFL (Browns) ever again! That makes me want to PUKE!!

Browns suck, who in their right mind would root for that team? My bad, I guess you do!

BlitzburghRockCity
07-16-2009, 02:27 PM
The Steeler fans track record of following them all over the country and the globe is 2nd to none. Where else can you go to an away game for our black and gold and see atleast 1/3 of the stadium wearing Steeler garb! :towelwave:

I love it when opposing team players and coaches get all torqued up at all the Steeler fans in their house!

dawgs
07-16-2009, 02:38 PM
Dude please never ever say switching sides with the shittiest team in the NFL (Browns) ever again! That makes me want to PUKE!!

Browns suck, who in their right mind would root for that team? My bad, I guess you do!

Its easy to talk crap when you jump on the steelers banwagon front runner. Always been a browns fan and always will. Called being a true fan, not like you would understand that.

But you know im right. If steelers were really bad, you guys would have nothin. Browns are bad and yet we still have one of the biggest fan bases in the country.

--- Added 7/16/2009 at 12:33 PM ---

The Steeler fans track record of following them all over the country and the globe is 2nd to none. Where else can you go to an away game for our black and gold and see atleast 1/3 of the stadium wearing Steeler garb! :towelwave:

I love it when opposing team players and coaches get all torqued up at all the Steeler fans in their house!

its more so front runners then fellowers. Like the yankees, redsox fans. laker fans etc... front runners. Thats expected and its a good thing for that team. because they buy the gear and make peopel rich.

Kinda like the browns 10-6 season. ESPN loved us, Ewards and winslow jerseys were flyin off the selfs everwhere.

--- Added 7/16/2009 at 12:38 PM ---

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/preview08/columns/story?id=3530077

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/36255-ranking-the-10-best-fan-bases-in-the-nfl/page/2

some interresting sites.

BlitzburghNation
07-16-2009, 02:52 PM
Wrong Dawg,,,,,,,,,,Traveled all over USA and met more STEELER fans than any othr team
and these fans have been fans for years , because I asked them :yesnod:

Been trying to convert my cousins in Ohio to flush that brown away,,,,but they won't and I do respect them for that and just like you "there jealous of our success"

Also alot of cryboy fans out here,,,,,,,:evilshake:

Remember meeting a Clown fan in indy and he was laughing when he told me his favorite team,,,,,,I said my condolences :hilarious:

Wish you guys would get better,,,,So the fire for the hatred can burn brighter again :D
Hard to have a rivalry when we keep :spank: that :moon:

ejsteeler
07-16-2009, 02:57 PM
The definition of bad is relative. Bad for us was the 80's and the fan base still thrived.
Of course bad for the Clowns is, well, always no matter what they do. Classless, winless bunch of buffoons. :yesnod: :lol: :yellowthumb: :cope:

BlackGold4vr
07-16-2009, 03:31 PM
The definition of bad is relative. Bad for us was the 80's and the fan base still thrived.
Of course bad for the Clowns is, well, always no matter what they do. Classless, winless bunch of buffoons. :yesnod: :lol: :yellowthumb: :cope:

:plus1:

Most of the Steeler fans I meet have been for life, like myself. 36 years and counting! I attribute our huge fanbase to a couple things. First, a lot of people my age became fans in our dynasty years of the 70's. Second, the dismantling of the blue collar industries of the Pittsburgh area forced a lot of local fans to search nationally for work. I was born and raised in the area and grew up watching the 70's dynasty team. The black&gold is in the blood forever. Team envy will not go far in this site! Sorry your team has sucked for the last 50 years - Dawgs. But I admire your loyalty to a team that has been so bad. When the Steelers have had their down years it has never curbed my enthusiasm for watching them. My children are California born and are being indoctrinated into the Steeler Nation! :yellowthumb:

ejsteeler
07-16-2009, 04:02 PM
Yes, I'll agree with that, your loyalty earns you points. But, since it's the clowns, and I clearly can't stand them, I'm afraid it never comes out in my posts.....:dunno:

Blitzburghpete
07-16-2009, 04:31 PM
jamie dukes?

OOhhh boy i,m going to enjoy this - Step aside ladies and gentlemen let me handle this one

As a UK fan of the steelers for 28 years, never seen a game, never been to Pittsburgh, who supported the Steelers through the painful 80's, rejunivated 90's to finally winning the show when i was a supporter not once but twice in the 2000's do you know any Brown fan in Europe who's stuck with your team for that long even when they were loosing... which they still are ???

Steeler Nation has nothing to do with the Steelers winning, but it has ALL to do with sticking by your team when the going gets tough, and giving all your support to your boys.

Thing is over here I'm not on my own. STEELER Nation is worldwide dude. DEAL WITH IT

My final word though comes from Jerome Bettis's Book. He mentions the fact that he did an impromptu tv show in Italy. Didn't tell anyone, yet when the camera's starting rolling inthe middle of the street what happened? That's right from no where Steeler fans appeared and started waving their terrible towels behind him.

THATS WHY WERE NUMBER 1... Good or bad WE'RE everywhere.:bunny:

BlackGold4vr
07-16-2009, 04:59 PM
I would bet that the NFL merchandise shop sells 100 Steeler items to every 1 Browns item. As BlitzburghPete so eloquently stated, Steeler Nation is Worldwide!

We have the terrible towel!

:towelwave:

The Stains have the 'White Cloud' (toiletpaper)!

:moon:

I believe what Dawg is trying to tell us is that you have to have a ****** team like the Shitstains to qualify as fans. Somehow he measures a fans credentials by the amount of pain endured while watching perpetual pathetic performances.

DanRooney
07-16-2009, 05:00 PM
jamie dukes?

This is coming from the guy that said the Browns had a better LBers, CBs, and safeties just a year ago? :lol:

Callax
07-16-2009, 05:05 PM
jamie dukes?

I am a Steeler fan for 35+ years and have always watched and rooted for them. They have NOT always been great or even good!
1984, 9-7 AFC CHAMP playoff loss to Miami and Marino
1985 8-8 missed playoffs
1986 6-10 terrible
1987 still bad team great draft that netted CB Rod Woodson, SS Thomas Everett and FS Darren Perry
1988 still struggling but Defense is making a comeback
1989 9-7 last second loss to Denver in playoffs draft netted SS Carnell Lake

Team was bad for a while and made a recovery but we had our stretch of crappy and quite forgetable teams!!
I hate the browns, but it will take time to recover to respectability..

RIVERS OF STEEL
07-16-2009, 06:31 PM
http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/3888/2660183906c2b5338371.th.jpg
JC Dawgs when are u cleveland bums going to get it right. It must be awfully lonely down by the lake these daze:stirpot:.

Hburg
07-16-2009, 06:31 PM
jamie dukes?

Bandwagon fans can and do happen. However I have yet to meet a person who is such a Steelers fan. Unlike when the Steelers won their fifth super bowl, there hasn't been as much hype around them.You are biased against the Steelers, but that's understandable. I'm biased against the Browns and I know it. The two teams did switch sides: when the NFL-AFL merger happened. To my knowledge throughout history both teams have had a large and loyal fanbase supporting them.

A little harsh man.

Its easy to talk crap when you jump on the steelers banwagon front runner. Always been a browns fan and always will. Called being a true fan, not like you would understand that.

But you know im right. If steelers were really bad, you guys would have nothin. Browns are bad and yet we still have one of the biggest fan bases in the country.

--- Added 7/16/2009 at 12:33 PM ---

its more so front runners then fellowers. Like the yankees, redsox fans. laker fans etc... front runners. Thats expected and its a good thing for that team. because they buy the gear and make peopel rich.

Kinda like the browns 10-6 season. ESPN loved us, Ewards and winslow jerseys were flyin off the selfs everwhere.

--- Added 7/16/2009 at 12:38 PM ---

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/preview08/columns/story?id=3530077

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/36255-ranking-the-10-best-fan-bases-in-the-nfl/page/2

some interresting sites.

I've read those articles before. Different people with different opinions. Keep in mind the NFL loves bandwagoners (it's often how they promote the league and its teams to increase the overall fanbase). Now you're getting a little more biased. I doubt that the Steelers would have "nothing of a fanbase" even if they were bad. Other posters have made comments about the times when the Steelers were bad during the super bowl era (add that to the fact that there was a strong fanbase for both teams before then as well). Outside of Ohio I do not hear or see much of the Browns or their fans.

OOhhh boy i,m going to enjoy this - Step aside ladies and gentlemen let me handle this one

As a UK fan of the steelers for 28 years, never seen a game, never been to Pittsburgh, who supported the Steelers through the painful 80's, rejunivated 90's to finally winning the show when i was a supporter not once but twice in the 2000's do you know any Brown fan in Europe who's stuck with your team for that long even when they were loosing... which they still are ???

Steeler Nation has nothing to do with the Steelers winning, but it has ALL to do with sticking by your team when the going gets tough, and giving all your support to your boys.

Thing is over here I'm not on my own. STEELER Nation is worldwide dude. DEAL WITH IT

My final word though comes from Jerome Bettis's Book. He mentions the fact that he did an impromptu tv show in Italy. Didn't tell anyone, yet when the camera's starting rolling inthe middle of the street what happened? That's right from no where Steeler fans appeared and started waving their terrible towels behind him.

THATS WHY WERE NUMBER 1... Good or bad WE'RE everywhere.:bunny:

Dude, you can find games online now. :lol: Let me know if you need the hook-up on the links so you can see some games for once.

BuFu

dawgs
07-16-2009, 09:26 PM
Wrong Dawg,,,,,,,,,,Traveled all over USA and met more STEELER fans than any othr team
and these fans have been fans for years , because I asked them :yesnod:

Been trying to convert my cousins in Ohio to flush that brown away,,,,but they won't and I do respect them for that and just like you "there jealous of our success"

Also alot of cryboy fans out here,,,,,,,:evilshake:

Remember meeting a Clown fan in indy and he was laughing when he told me his favorite team,,,,,,I said my condolences :hilarious:

Wish you guys would get better,,,,So the fire for the hatred can burn brighter again :D
Hard to have a rivalry when we keep :spank: that :moon:

1. Ya we are jealous duhh!!! also jealous of the redsox, lakers etc...

2. seems like you guys think about the browns everyday. You can't stop talking trash about them. If someone from a different country came over here, they would think cleveland has owned the steelers. Browns fans don't care about the steelers enough to talk all that trash.

Click the first link I sent and read what the guy wrote about cleveland.

''Cleveland fans travel well and the "Browns Backers" are one of the NFL's largest and well-organized fan groups.''

igor0190
07-16-2009, 10:30 PM
I will go out on a limb and strongly suggest that the Steelers have way fewer bandwagon fans than most teams. They don't generally have a lot of flashy players and media hype. They don't play the most exciting football according to public opinion. BUT every Steelers fan loves how they play the game. It takes a different kind of person to appreciate it and that's why we have built so many loyal fans. They love how the organization is run, how they play the game, the go to work attitude the players have...

It's just different than a lot of other teams. For example the Cowboys... Why do a lot of people like them? Media hype, Valley Ranch, celebrity players.

dawgs
07-16-2009, 11:19 PM
I will go out on a limb and strongly suggest that the Steelers have way fewer bandwagon fans than most teams. They don't generally have a lot of flashy players and media hype. They don't play the most exciting football according to public opinion. BUT every Steelers fan loves how they play the game. It takes a different kind of person to appreciate it and that's why we have built so many loyal fans. They love how the organization is run, how they play the game, the go to work attitude the players have...

It's just different than a lot of other teams. For example the Cowboys... Why do a lot of people like them? Media hype, Valley Ranch, celebrity players.

Ya you are going out on a limb because that makes no since. Big ben is on espn everyday, and he had a horrible season.(very clutch props for that)

Steelers have been known for one of the better def teams ever. People love that style. defense wins championships.

Alot of people like the cowboys because they were the only team on TV back in the day. But to say steelers don't have many bandwagon fans is crazy. They just won the superbowl.

BlacknGold Bleeder
07-16-2009, 11:36 PM
''Cleveland fans travel well and the "Browns Backers" are one of the NFL's largest and well-organized fan groups.''

I have read that article and I am still mystified by this statement?? Please show me ONE just one game where there has been any sort of "presence" of brownie fans in any away stadium..Please give me any thing at all to substantiate that these"browns backers" even exist...

TEEMONT
07-16-2009, 11:47 PM
Ya you are going out on a limb because that makes no since. Big ben is on espn everyday, and he had a horrible season.(very clutch props for that)

Steelers have been known for one of the better def teams ever. People love that style. defense wins championships.

Alot of people like the cowboys because they were the only team on TV back in the day. But to say steelers don't have many bandwagon fans is crazy. They just won the superbowl.

lol...horrible season? He prob had a better year than any Browns QB in history (won another SB).

Calling Steeler fans bandwagon is just retarded. I'm sure there are a decent percentage, but I would be willing to bet about 65-80% have local ties to Pittsburgh. Ask most Steeler fans on this site who their favorite baseball team is, and I would bet most of them (except for Lyn, she is a bandwagon fan) says the Pirates. If you think being a Pirates fan is bandwagon, well then I dunno what to tell you. I guess the Pirates have a more recent championship than the entire city of Cleveland though.

Plus look at Steeler games, look at the jerseys in the crowdn, there are prob just as many old-*** Lambert jerseys as there are Woodley.

Troyisabeast_43
07-17-2009, 12:05 AM
I have read that article and I am still mystified by this statement?? Please show me ONE just one game where there has been any sort of "presence" of brownie fans in any away stadium..Please give me any thing at all to substantiate that these"browns backers" even exist...

I agree this is such a ridiculous statement it's almost comical. We all know whenever the Browns come to Heinz Field every single season and get their asses handed to them that we always see a ton of Browns fans who dominate the Steelers home fan base in their own stadium. I would go out on a limb and say the Steelers fans can go to 35-40 percent of other teams stadiums around the league and make their presence felt more then the home team fans will. Look at the Monday night game in Washington DC last season and how many Steelers fans you heard over Redskins fans in an 80,000 seated stadium. It wasnt even close.

--- Added 7/16/2009 at 10:05 PM ---

lol...horrible season? He prob had a better year than any Browns QB in history (won another SB).

Calling Steeler fans bandwagon is just retarded. I'm sure there are a decent percentage, but I would be willing to bet about 65-80% have local ties to Pittsburgh. Ask most Steeler fans on this site who their favorite baseball team is, and I would bet most of them (except for Lyn, she is a bandwagon fan) says the Pirates. If you think being a Pirates fan is bandwagon, well then I dunno what to tell you. I guess the Pirates have a more recent championship than the entire city of Cleveland though.

Plus look at Steeler games, look at the jerseys in the crowdn, there are prob just as many old-*** Lambert jerseys as there are Woodley.

Yea Ben had a real horrible season. He was only responsible for 5 game winning drives that had he not had those the Steelers pretty much would not have made the playoffs let alone win the Super Bowl. He had game winning drives against the Ravens twice,the Jags,Chargers,Dallas, and of course the amazing drive he had to win the Super Bowl against the Cardinals. Not to mention a lot of the other games this past season where he made huge throws while having the lead in order to seal the game and make sure the Steelers got the W. The blip on the radar screen just went by and funny I didnt even see the Browns anywhere close to being on it.

LatrobePA
07-17-2009, 01:16 PM
Who said I was a little harsh?? Now do you think that after reading this pea brains post?

Bandwagon fan I am not, grew up with the team in Latrobe every summer, and will always support my Pittsburg sports!

ejsteeler
07-17-2009, 01:49 PM
Dawgs=Lumber

The two are way too similar in attitude, intelligence of posts information and spelling ability to deny the possibility.... :lol:

Stlrs4Life
07-17-2009, 03:39 PM
1. Ya we are jealous duhh!!! also jealous of the redsox, lakers etc...

2. seems like you guys think about the browns everyday. You can't stop talking trash about them. If someone from a different country came over here, they would think cleveland has owned the steelers. Browns fans don't care about the steelers enough to talk all that trash.

'

BS, it is more the other way around. I can care less about the Browns and there fans. The Browns Backers are a large organization, but, like everything else. It has been surpassed. You do not see Browns Fans overtake other stadiums like Steeler Fans do. Heck, we over took your stadium one year. That would never happen in Heinz.

yinzer
07-17-2009, 04:09 PM

most asinine post this year.

Troyisabeast_43
07-17-2009, 05:32 PM
Dawgs=Lumber

The two are way too similar in attitude, intelligence of posts information and spelling ability to deny the possibility.... :lol:

Has little Timmy Lumber come back on the boards here recently and talked about the recent retirement of Derrick Mason from the Ratbirds, and how it's going to make the Ravens and their already inept offense take a major hit...

86WARD
07-17-2009, 05:35 PM

Horrible season? By what standards? The guy is clutch. He didn't make many mistakes and the ones he did, you could obviously see he was trying to make a play. He continued to extend plays better than ANY QB in the league. He won a second Super Bowl...as a matter of fact, he won the Super Bowl for the Steelers. He may have been carried in XL but he did the carrying in XLIII.

Hater. :lol:

yinzer
07-17-2009, 10:00 PM
Horrible season? By what standards? The guy is clutch. He didn't make many mistakes and the ones he did, you could obviously see he was trying to make a play. He continued to extend plays better than ANY QB in the league. He won a second Super Bowl...as a matter of fact, he won the Super Bowl for the Steelers. He may have been carried in XL but he did the carrying in XLIII.

Hater. :lol:

don't feed the troll

dawgs
07-18-2009, 09:56 AM
1. If I were a troll I would be gone by now.

2. Steelers have very good fans, All im sayin is that they also have a good number of front runners. Which is not a bad thing, Because bandwagon fans mean your winning, plus they also buy alot of gear.

3. Browns backers main area is in CA. Also a large group in Europe.

4. When was the pirates last winning season? I'm not talkin trash I really don't know.

5. How do you know browns fans don't show up in numbers at away games? are you guys at every single browns away game? lol.

6. Ben's numbers were wayyy down. I said he was clutch.

browns always travel well.

86WARD
07-18-2009, 10:41 AM
lol...troll.

http://arizona.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2007/06/03/troll.jpg

BlackGold4vr
07-18-2009, 01:11 PM
Browns backers main area is in CA. Also a large group in Europe.

I live in California and I do not know a SINGLE Brownstain fan.........not ONE! Of course I will not pretend to know what every Californian cheers for. But I will say that in the town I live in population 30-40 thousand, there are overwhelmingly more Steeler fans than other teams combined! Those are facts. I will keep a lookout for my first Browns fan.

:yellowthumb:

TEEMONT
07-18-2009, 02:30 PM
4. When was the pirates last winning season? I'm not talkin trash I really don't know.

sigh...'92...my Dad had world series tickets.....****in SId Bream

dawgs
07-18-2009, 02:54 PM
http://www.norcalbrowns.com/locations.htm

facts...

BlackGold4vr
07-18-2009, 04:31 PM
http://www.norcalbrowns.com/locations.htm

facts...

Thats all you got? Try this link and keep in mind this is ONLY the Los Angeles area. Could you count those Steeler Bars for me? Looks like over a hundred. What were there, 5 Brownstain Bars? Yeah, I would definitely say you OWN the CA fan market about as much as your team has owned the AFC North!

http://www.socalsteelcitymafia.com/bars.html

:rofl:

Oops! Looks like someone got owned again.......

I guess the question on my mind is that if the Steelers and Browns played a game out here in California, would the Brownstain fans be able to even fill a single section of the stadium? I seriously doubt it!

:6smile:

dawgs
07-18-2009, 09:22 PM
Thats all you got? Try this link and keep in mind this is ONLY the Los Angeles area. Could you count those Steeler Bars for me? Looks like over a hundred. What were there, 5 Brownstain Bars? Yeah, I would definitely say you OWN the CA fan market about as much as your team has owned the AFC North!

Oops! Looks like someone got owned again.......

I guess the question on my mind is that if the Steelers and Browns played a game out here in California, would the Brownstain fans be able to even fill a single section of the stadium? I seriously doubt it!

:6smile:

I only marked the ones i been to. I'm not a bar whore so yaaaa. except the flordia ones, I never been there.

get a couple losing seasons, Then lets see how many fans you got out there.

HUNT4SEVEN
07-18-2009, 11:27 PM
Jamie Dukes finally got something right:lol:

--- Added 7/18/2009 at 09:27 PM ---

I live in California and I do not know a SINGLE Brownstain fan.........not ONE! Of course I will not pretend to know what every Californian cheers for. But I will say that in the town I live in population 30-40 thousand, there are overwhelmingly more Steeler fans than other teams combined! Those are facts. I will keep a lookout for my first Browns fan.

:yellowthumb::hilarious::hilarious:These clown fans just don't get it! But every year they come on our board early an be gone by september:lol:They love punishment:tt02:

Stlrs4Life
07-18-2009, 11:29 PM

5. How do you know browns fans don't show up in numbers at away games? are you guys at every single browns away game? lol.

I believe it would be in Fla before Ca. Pirates last winning season? 92 I believe. They don't show up in large numbers in away games, unless they are afraid to show there colors. And I guarantee you, not many show up at Heinz. Sprinkled through out the stadium. I am cvomparing the amount of Steeler fans that show up at Cleveland.

--- Added 7/18/2009 at 09:29 PM ---

I only marked the ones i been to. I'm not a bar whore so yaaaa. except the flordia ones, I never been there.

get a couple losing seasons, Then lets see how many fans you got out there.

We had our down years in the 80's. Still sold out.

BlacknGold Bleeder
07-19-2009, 02:10 AM

Not a troll, he has been around for quite awhile...

2. Steelers have very good fans, All im sayin is that they also have a good number of front runners. Which is not a bad thing, Because bandwagon fans mean your winning, plus they also buy alot of gear.

STEELERS have the best fans !! (imho) I really cant say I know of any "bandwagon " fans....bandwagon fans are generally other teams fans who want to root for a winner, every STEELERS fan I know is born to cheer the black and gold !!

ok so ya brought up one area, that hardly makes up a large and well organized fan base, but if that's what ya want to call it so be it...

Been a long *** time that's for sure, but I wouldn't root for ay other team,that's for sure...

Unfortunately I have watched some brownie games on TV against other good teams ,as the away team and I can't remeber one game where the fans made a dent in the rivals stadium...When the STEELERS play in any other stadium ,I can guarandamtee that you will see them in the stands and hear them on the broadcast...

Don't really care about his numbers, he is clutch and wins games, thats all that counts...

that still has yet to be proven!!!

Still waiting for a little more proof...

yinzer
07-19-2009, 08:32 AM

second most asinine post this year. and, what do the buccos have to do with this thread? 2 of the 3 sports teams in Pittsburgh win championships in the same year so you decide to throw the Pirates under the bus???? nobody will argue that the buccos don't stink.

while you stain fans keep bitching and moaning, we'll keep winning lombardi's.

86WARD
07-19-2009, 08:38 AM

Because the Steelers fans are bandwagon fans...duh...:greengrin:

ejsteeler
07-19-2009, 09:18 AM
Now, you know he was barking the same crap last year at this time. I've figured out his game. He figures if he says it every year sooner or later, he will be right. Unfortunately for him, he is backing the clowns and may be repeating himself for some time before that becomes a reality. :yesnod:

dawgs
07-19-2009, 10:05 AM
ya steelers have 0 bandwagon fans. same with the redsox, lakers. Ya they all suck so nobody jumps on their bandwagon. I'm wrong.

--- Added 7/19/2009 at 08:05 AM ---

while you stain fans keep bitching and moaning, we'll keep winning lombardi's.

LOL I could say the samething about pittsburgh. I been called every name in the book since I been here. Same with cleveland. Your the ones bitchin. I just love to argue.

BlackGold4vr
07-19-2009, 11:31 AM
So you are telling me that all these Steeler Bars just opened up recently or remodeled in the last couple years? I'm not buying what you're selling! :thinking:

86WARD
07-19-2009, 12:34 PM
lol @ dawg...

every team has "bandwagon" fans...some have fewer than others and have an actual fan base...

--- Added 7/19/2009 at 10:34 AM ---

lol @ dawg...

every team has "bandwagon" fans...some have fewer than others and have an actual fan base...

BlackGold4vr
07-19-2009, 12:39 PM
lol @ dawg...

Dawgs whole argument is that your team has to be one of the worst in the league to prove your fanship! According to him we are all fans because we flock like sheep to the "best" team. Oddly, most Steeler fans I know debunk this argument as they have been fans their whole lives. Myself, 36 years and counting. If his argument held any water most of us would have recently jumped off the Patriot wagon to get on the Steeler wagon. That argument is a joke. Most Steeler fans HATE the Patriots! Bottomline, Dawg seeks to pat himself on the back for being such a good fan to one of the worst teams in the league. He wants some acknowledgement from us that it is harder to be a Brownstain fan because of the acrid smell that comes with it. I will only concede that the Browns do stink like ****. But I will forever be a Steeler fan whether they are good or not!

:brownssign:

dawgs
07-19-2009, 01:01 PM
lol @ dawg...

--- Added 7/19/2009 at 10:34 AM ---

lol @ dawg...

every team has "bandwagon" fans...some have fewer than others.

ALL I been trying to say.

--- Added 7/19/2009 at 11:01 AM ---

Dawgs whole argument is that your team has to be one of the worst in the league to prove your fanship! According to him we are all fans because we flock like sheep to the "best" team. Oddly, most Steeler fans I know debunk this argument as they have been fans their whole lives. Myself, 36 years and counting. If his argument held any water most of us would have recently jumped off the Patriot wagon to get on the Steeler wagon. That argument is a joke. Most Steeler fans HATE the Patriots! Bottomline, Dawg seeks to pat himself on the back for being such a good fan to one of the worst teams in the league. He wants some acknowledgement from us that it is harder to be a Brownstain fan because of the acrid smell that comes with it. I will only concede that the Browns do stink like ****. But I will forever be a Steeler fan whether they are good or not!

:brownssign:

nope. Just that the reason steelers have fans all around the world right now is because they are winning ship after ship. Steelers have a great and loyal fan base. But its easy to root for the steelers, thats all im sayin.

There are alot more browns fans then people think. But most of them are closet fans right now because of the hardships. When the browns start winning, they will come out and bandwagon fans will jump on to. Kinda like 2007.

BlackGold4vr
07-19-2009, 01:24 PM
First, there was the "Cheeseheads"

http://symonsez.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/cheesehead.jpg?w=300&h=460

The latest fashion in Cleveland..........

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v500/T72MKIV/Funny/121106_****_head.jpg

Just claim your allegiance to the Brownstains! (toilet paper sold separately)

:haha:

yinzer
07-19-2009, 07:27 PM
When the browns start winning

dawgs
07-19-2009, 08:37 PM

funny how people make **** jokes about the browns. When really your just disrespecting paul browns name.

even more so that the stelers first name sounds like shitsburgh.

http://themumpers.com/thegrowler/images/shitsburgh.jpg

Not what I wanted to do, But whatever.

BlackGold4vr
07-19-2009, 09:34 PM

Your uniforms look familiar

Yes, twice a year we must suffer through 60 minutes of our favorite team wading through the crappy team that hails from Cleveland.

Luckily, the stink washes off and as an added bonus we get 2 wins a year without having to work for it!

yinzer
07-19-2009, 11:04 PM
funny how people make **** jokes about the browns. When really your just disrespecting paul browns name.

even more so that the stelers first name sounds like shitsburgh.

Not what I wanted to do, But whatever.

jealousy is a color that doesn't look good on you.

dawgs
07-20-2009, 12:08 AM
jealousy is a color that doesn't look good on you.

love getting a rise out of people.

Like I said, I'm not a huge trash talker until gamedays. But a buddy of mine sent me the pic and I had to use it. I had to defend paul brown, He has done to much for football, and I just can't read people treat him like that.

86WARD
07-20-2009, 08:37 AM
What could you possibly talk trash about on game days? lol...

Sir Blitzelot
07-20-2009, 09:45 AM
What could you possibly talk trash about on game days?

LatrobePA
07-20-2009, 10:45 AM
I'm just wondering how in the hell could a Browns fan be excited for game day!

Worthless coach that has proved nothing in the NFL, no starting QB, a WR that runs people over while driving drunk, another WR that can't catch a cold, the list goes on and on!

dawgs
07-20-2009, 11:46 AM
I'm just wondering how in the hell could a Browns fan be excited for game day!

Worthless coach that has proved nothing in the NFL, no starting QB, a WR that runs people over while driving drunk, another WR that can't catch a cold, the list goes on and on!

stallworth was never part of the team. Ewards is a good player, He's in a contract year, and we all know how players step up in contract years.

crennel is gone. mangini had 2 of 3 winning seasons in NY, and if brett farve did not choke mangini would've got a new contract and won coach of the year.

I'm a huge browns fan, But im also a huge football fan. I love gamedays and watching every team play. plus game day's = great parties and backyard football.

Steelerlyn
07-20-2009, 01:44 PM

Look you dumb son of a bitch, I know a ton of Steeler fans who support the baseball and/or hockey team from their state. It does not make them less of a Steeler fan. You are so frickin' stupid everytime you open your mouth your ignorance shows. And there are some Steeler fans who are definitely bandwagon fans. I know because enrollment in all Steeler clubs raises, ask any club owner.

I was reading this post to add this link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Browns%E2%80%93Steelers_rivalry when I came upon another one of your idiotic remarks.

Now **** off fella!

dawgs
07-20-2009, 03:03 PM
Look you dumb son of a bitch, I know a ton of Steeler fans who support the baseball and/or hockey team from their state. It does not make them less of a Steeler fan. You are so frickin' stupid everytime you open your mouth your ignorance shows. And there are some Steeler fans who are definitely bandwagon fans. I know because enrollment in all Steeler clubs raises, ask any club owner.

I was reading this post to add this link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Browns%E2%80%93Steelers_rivalry when I came upon another one of your idiotic remarks.

Now **** off fella!

why would u say that about teemont? lol. should have quoted me then said that. not him.

TEEMONT
07-20-2009, 04:32 PM
why would u say that about teemont? lol. should have quoted me then said that. not him.

lol...never woulda saw that post had you not quoted it...have had the good sense she didn't have and ignored her months ago....

I'm just wondering what was wrong with the lions and she gets her panties in a bunch....lol you're right...gettin a rise out of people is fun

Hburg
07-20-2009, 08:25 PM
Who said I was a little harsh?? Now do you think that after reading this pea brains post?

Bandwagon fan I am not, grew up with the team in Latrobe every summer, and will always support my Pittsburgh sports!

I said you were a lil harsh. I've read the posts, its a non-issue at this point.

BuFu

lloydfan4life
07-20-2009, 08:33 PM
Dawgs=Lumber

Post of the day!! :yellowthumb: :clap:

Actually, ej, I think Lumber may be dawg's daddy from the same mother.
One is a drunken ratbird fan and the other a pathetic stain fan.
Both are jealous of the Black & Gold.

dawgs
07-21-2009, 12:09 AM
your guys are good dudes. good fans. alot of fun to come in here.

--- Added 7/20/2009 at 10:09 PM ---

whats this about?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/07/20/roethlisberger-denies-civil-allegations-of-sexual-assault/

JensK
07-21-2009, 04:02 AM
your guys are good dudes. good fans. alot of fun to come in here.

--- Added 7/20/2009 at 10:09 PM ---

whats this about?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/07/20/roethlisberger-denies-civil-allegations-of-sexual-assault/

http://www.steeleraddicts.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21074

As far as this topic goes, it has got to be the most stupid off-season topic so far... Basically we all agree - Steelers have a great fanbase, there is no doub to it, however dawgs have a point saying that Steelers have a shitton of bandwagon fans - There is no denying it. Thats just how things is when you are a winner team. That does not make all of you guys bandwaggon fans by no means..

86WARD
07-21-2009, 09:01 AM
Dawgs grasping for straws...lol...

dawgs
07-22-2009, 10:32 AM
Dawgs grasping for straws...lol...

what?

ejsteeler
07-22-2009, 02:54 PM
He said, "Dawgs grasping for straws...lol..."

dawgs
07-22-2009, 07:28 PM
He said, "Dawgs grasping for straws...lol..."

? I don't know what that means. never heard it before.

86WARD
07-22-2009, 08:22 PM
:lol: