PDA

View Full Version : How will the Steelers season end?

AZ_Steeler
11-09-2006, 11:11 AM
We have all talked about this and disected it to no end! So, how to do you all feel the Steelers season will end up? Below 500? 500? Above? Playoffs? :dunno:

IMO, IF the Steelers can knock off the Saints this weekend they have a really good shot of running the table and finishing 10-6. The playoffs is iffy only because there are so many other teams in the AFC that will be fighting for spots as well.

Steelerlyn
11-09-2006, 11:25 AM
I hope we win on Sunday and every Sunday after that

House of Steel
11-09-2006, 12:05 PM
I am saying we are going to repeat last year and run the tables. Miracles do happen in Pittsburgh.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-09-2006, 05:44 PM
My Steeler pride tells me we'll run the table but my mind just tells me I don't know if this team has it in them this year. If they focus they can easily run the table, all games are winnable but we'll have to wait and see. Im going to say 9-7 at this point as a positive direction for my mind to go :dunno:

Steelersfan
11-09-2006, 05:48 PM
I have no idea what this team will do one week to the next much less over the next 8 weeks!....lol

SteelersfaninPhilly
11-09-2006, 06:04 PM
8-8 Cowher leaves

Koopa
11-09-2006, 06:05 PM
we ain't gonna do ****, running the table will hurt more then help, no point in running it and then just getting a bad draft pick, just beat the browns and ravens and just lose the rest

K Train
11-09-2006, 06:34 PM
Well 10-6 and in the playoffs is winning...at least we are staying positive. I on the other hand have a feeling this will forever be remembered as the dark season we all wish not to speak of.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-09-2006, 08:45 PM
Well 10-6 and in the playoffs is winning...at least we are staying positive. I on the other hand have a feeling this will forever be remembered as the dark season we all wish not to speak of.

That's what Im afraid of too, though I hate to think about it so I try not too.

AZ_Steeler
11-10-2006, 10:24 AM
I'm surprissed by the results especially given that we all have been pretty po'd lately with how this team has been performing. We all at least have faith that they will finish at 500! :bigthumb:

BlitzburghRockCity
11-10-2006, 10:57 AM
I guess we're all still going by past Steeler logic which tells us this team has pride and will turn it around to finish in a respectable manner...but this year has been anything but normal.

PITT23
11-10-2006, 10:19 PM
I say 6 and 10...I'm sorry I just can't be biased on this...I tried to look at it from the perspective of an unbiased fan and 6-10 is what I came up with.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-10-2006, 11:16 PM
Atleast you're giving us 4 more wins, that's definately an improvement from where we stand now.

Captcoolhand
11-11-2006, 10:28 AM
I don't have much faith this year in Our team,sorry:dunno:

BBG7
11-13-2006, 10:19 AM
I have to stay positive and say 10-6 in the playoffs!!!!

steelcurtain09
11-13-2006, 11:15 AM
y cant we say 9-7 and in the playoffs?
thts wht it will probly end up bein

all the perennial losing teams are stealing a lot of wins from the perennial powerhouses. i think all of them will end up at 6-10 and there will be a 9-7 team in the playoffs in both the AFC and the NFC (which we already knew was gonna happen there).
if they get to 10-6 it will just guarentee them a spot.

AZ_Steeler
11-13-2006, 11:21 AM
IMO, I don't see 9-7 getting an AFC team into the playoffs. Last year the Steelers were 11-5 and barely got the last spot. Howie Long is full of it and I think he is getting the AFC mixed up with the NFC.

Hopefully you are right though, any chance the Steelers have of making the playoffs is always a good thing. Sorry though I can't add the option of 9-7 w/ playoffs because we are already to far into the voting :)

gunnerrick
11-30-2006, 10:42 AM
The only thing I hope for is a 8 - 8 season.

AZ_Steeler
11-30-2006, 11:07 AM
:crossfingers: Gunnerrick!!! That's my only goal for this team now :)

Rabidfan
12-16-2006, 07:38 PM
Your team will end with all losses and be left sitting at home watching the Playoffs and S.B. :greengrin: :lol: :yesnod:

BlitzburghRockCity
12-16-2006, 09:24 PM
Funny man !! :evilshake:

Rabidfan
12-21-2006, 04:56 PM
I think it's Hi larious after you guys stole the Super Bowl w/ the help of the refs. Now your team made a hell of an effort getting to the S.B. but you guys got some very favorable calls from the refs. Too favorable!

AZ_Steeler
12-21-2006, 05:00 PM
I think it's Hi larious after you guys stole the Super Bowl w/ the help of the refs. Now your team made a hell of an effort getting to the S.B. but you guys got some very favorable calls from the refs. Too favorable!

Excuses, excuses, excuses! Besides the refs felt they owed the Steelers after all the bad calls against them in the Colts game! The refs tried desperately to give that one to the Colts!

Besides, what favorable calls are talking about because I didn't hear any reports after the game that said the refs messed up and calls, like they did with the Troy INT in the Colts game :dunno: All I heard were a bunch of whiny fans that either liked the Seahawks or despised of the Steelers for winning ONE FOR THE THUMB!!! :bigthumb:

PITT23
12-21-2006, 05:26 PM

Ahem...

1. On plays when there wasn't any penalties...one team made plays...and one team didn't.

2. The Refs didn't give up the longest run in Superbowl history........................................... ......Seattle did.

3. The Refs didn't get fooled out of their jocks on a 43 yd trick play, Randle to Ward for a TD, Seattle did.

4. The Refs didn't miss two field goals............................................. ..........................................Seattle did.

5. The Refs didn't drop 4 very catchable balls in KEY SITUATIONS........................................ ..Seattle's TE did.

6. And when the same Seattle TE finally caught a pass, he took 3 steps, was hit by the Safety and fumbled. ....But luckily for Seattle, "The Refs" ruled it Incomplete.

7. The Refs didn't carelessly let the 1st half clock tick from 48 seconds ALL THE WAY DOWN to 13 seconds before FINALLY running their next play.............................................. ...................Seattle did.

8a. On this play, 54 yds from a FG, 13 secs. left, who foolishly heaved it deep, trying for a TD, rather than a shorter play & timeout to set up an easier FG try which then missed by just a couple feet ?.....Seattle did.

8b. Then in 2nd half, 50 yds from a FG on 3rd down, Seattle boneheadedly does the same thing again, they go deep, ignoring trying to get a little closer for the FG which, again missed by a couple feet.

9a. On 3rd and 28, Pitt QB Big Ben MAKES a play, scrambling & completing a 37 yd pass to Seattle's 2.

9b. On 3rd and 18, Seattle's QB misreads Pitt's zone defense and throws an interception at Pitt's 5.

10. Speaking of 3rd downs, Pitt converted several 3rd downs with plays like the 37 yarder above, QB Runs when nobody was open, a nifty shuttle pass, a shoestring catch by Ward, etc.

...However, Seattle was only 5 for 17 on 3rd downs, with plays like the INT above, dropped passes, wrecklessly going deep in short yardage situations, etc.

11. Who got a break when Pitt WR Ward dropped an easy TD in the endzone? ......................Seattle did.

12. Who got a break when Pitt CB Taylor dropped an easy INT early in the game? ................Seattle did.

13. With a Pittsburgh WR wide open in the endzone for a TD that would've put Pitt up 21 - 3, who got a break on a gift-wrapped INT from Pitt QB Big Ben?.............................................. ....................................Seattle did.

14. Who got a break when the refs missed Sea. Center level Pitt's DE after play was over?....Seattle did

15. The Refs didn't fail to step out of bounds to stop the clock late in BOTH halves..................Seattle did.

16. Late in the game, needing a TD and FG, in no particular order and currently in easy FG range, who foolishly ignored the FG to fling it deep, throwing incomplete and losing the ball on downs ?.................Seattle did.

17. Who kept repeatedly punting through the endzone giving Pitt the ball at the 20?...............Seattle did.

18. Who outrushed Seattle and contained their star RB Stephen Alexander (the NFL's leading rusher) enough to force several 3rd downs? Pittsburgh.

19. Seattle...the sum total of all the above, your bad coaching decisions & clock mismanagement, breaks on big Pitt mistakes, breaks from the Refs, and your inability to make big plays adds up to...............NO EXCUSES!!!