PDA

View Full Version : Former Titans QB Steve McNair Found Dead

DanRooney
07-04-2009, 04:39 PM
Report: Steve McNair Slain
Posted by Mike Florio on July 4, 2009 4:18 PM
According to NewsChannel5.com in Nashville, long-time NFL quarterback Steve McNair has been found dead.

McNair reportedly suffered a gunshot wound in an apparent murder-suicide.

Further details currently are not available; check back for more developments.

He was a first-round pick of the Houston Oilers in 1995, and he played for the franchise through the 2005 season. McNair was then traded to the Ravens, and he spent two seasons in Baltimore before retiring.

UPDATE: The report from NewsChanel5.com has been revised to describe the situation as a "double homicide."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/

Crazy week of celebrities passing away :thinking:

SteelerSal
07-04-2009, 05:02 PM
That's freakin messed up. Mcnair was a great, tough player and had a good career and his life after football gets cut short.
Feel bad for his family.

BlitzburghNation
07-04-2009, 05:52 PM
"WoW" That sucks ,,,,,,,,,, He seemed like a nice guy and was a warrior on the field !!!!

My condolences to his family :pray:

JoeThomas
07-04-2009, 06:20 PM
i was shocked when i read this. you just dont know about a celeb or a star athlete's personal lives or what they were mixed up in. hopefully he wasnt into anything bad and this is just something tragic. always liked him as a player.

TampaSteelGirl
07-04-2009, 07:43 PM
I almost fell over when I heard it on ESPN..I'm just shocked and can't believe it. I had alot of respect for Steve, he was a great QB and great off the field. He just retired and ready to live his life, God rest their souls. Prayers and thoughts to his family!!

Just unbelieveable!!

BlitzburghNation
07-04-2009, 08:59 PM
Listening on sirius,,,,,,they're saying some girl met Mcnair in a restaurant and told him that he slipped her a rupee a year ago and her boyfriend was gonna kill him :evilshake:

Sounds like the boyfriend or x-boyfriend killed them both :dunno:

Sources are also saying Mcnair was shot at 2 a.m. this morning and the woman with him has not been identified yet,,,,,,,This will all surface in a day or two.

Bound to be foul play and it's a shame,,,,,,,,,There's only a few things in this world that a man can take another man or womans life for and sex should "NEVER" be one of them :evilshake:

When i 1st heard this ,,,,,,,,,,,Rupee was not in my imagination :thinking:

First thing that popped in my head was a jealous boyfriend and Mcnair has been a sugar daddy,,,,,,,But who knows i'm waiting for facts :yesnod:

KY TITAN
07-05-2009, 12:50 AM
MAN I HATE TO HEAR THAT AIR MCNAIR IS GONE!!!! THANKS FOR BEING A WORRIOR ON THE FIELD!! THANKS FOR YOUR HARD WORK AT THE RUN FOR OUR FIRST EVER SUPER BOWL!! BUT MOST OF ALL I'M SORRY FOR THE WAY THE TEAM THROUGH YOU AWAY... MY HEART FELT CONDOLENCES TO HIS WIFE AND KIDS

Silverback 92
07-05-2009, 01:32 AM
Truly a Sad Story ,He was one of the Good Guys .. Feel bad for the Family and Friends he leaves behind..I also feel bad for the young lady involved. Im sure we will learn more as time goes on

Prosdo
07-05-2009, 03:11 AM
My friend told me about this tonight and I was shocked. It's such a shame. Rest in peace Steve!

Black@Gold Forever32
07-05-2009, 03:11 AM
I always respected Steve McNair even when he use to kill the Steelers....He was a Steeler killer.......R.I.P Steve..........I'll never forget when Tommy Maddox was injured in 2002 in Tenn. and was motionless on the field....It was Steve McNair and Eddie George who visited Tommy in the hospital..........Just tragic......

Captcoolhand
07-05-2009, 03:45 AM
Wow!!!! that's messed up!

Captcoolhand
07-05-2009, 05:12 AM
he was jealous..... and after he did that, he took his own life.....

LarryNJ
07-05-2009, 08:10 AM
What shocking news to wake up too. He was so young and she was just a kid. My thoughts and prayers are with their families.

steelersgal86
07-05-2009, 08:41 AM
wow that is horrible...we were on out way to a party lastnight and ryan said they just said mcnair was killed and we were like no...so just went about our thing then sure enough ry got a text later that night...

That is a shame RIP..:pray:

BR7
07-05-2009, 01:01 PM
he was jealous..... and after he did that, he took his own life.....

lol.. are you serious?

McNair, a four-time Pro Bowl selection who was married with four children, was found Saturday with multiple gunshot wounds on a sofa in his living room. The woman was killed by a single gunshot wound and a pistol was discovered near her, police said.

I'd like to see how he pulled that off.. must have been a super enhanced offspring of that magical bullet that 'claimed' to kill JFK.

Bucsfan4ever
07-05-2009, 01:32 PM
So sad...my thoughts and prayers to his family.

RIP Steve.

SteelerBee43
07-05-2009, 02:03 PM
Such a sad thing to happen R.I.P. Steve and :pray: for all involved..

Zachintosh66
07-05-2009, 02:10 PM
:evilshake:

Sir Blitzelot
07-05-2009, 02:32 PM
This was absolutely shocking to hear last night. I always respected the way Steve McNair played the game. He was just a stand up person, on and off the football field. My thoughts and prayers go out to both families involved. :pray:

LarryNJ
07-05-2009, 07:02 PM
lol.. are you serious?

I'd like to see how he pulled that off.. must have been a super enhanced offspring of that magical bullet that 'claimed' to kill JFK.

I agree....at first sight it looks more like she killed him than herself.

lloydfan4life
07-05-2009, 08:39 PM
What a tragedy. My heart goes out to the McNair family and the family of the girl who was also killed. I couldn't believe it when I heard the news yesterday. Like Blitz said, I'm sure all of the details will be forthcoming in a day or two. What a terrible shame!

PsychoWard
07-05-2009, 09:01 PM
so sad!!! it is sounding more and more like the girl shot him several times and then took her own life! so messed up! R.I.P Steve you will be missed!

Forged in Steel
07-06-2009, 01:25 AM
The past few weeks have been super crazy! Michael Jackson, Billy Mays (from Pittsburgh) and now Steve McNair, dead! The Michael Jackson death was shocking but it was bound to happen after the condition he's been in. When Billy Mays and Steve McNair were found dead it was shocking.

DIESELMAN
07-06-2009, 08:14 AM
'RIP' Steve McNair. He defined old school, tough QB in the NFL.

LarryNJ
07-06-2009, 10:07 AM
The past few weeks have been super crazy! Michael Jackson, Billy Mays (from Pittsburgh) and now Steve McNair, dead! The Michael Jackson death was shocking but it was bound to happen after the condition he's been in. When Billy Mays and Steve McNair were found dead it was shocking.

Don't forget Farrah. Who was Billy Mays?

Troyisabeast_43
07-06-2009, 03:21 PM
It's terrible that this had to happen to McNair and it's a shame. On the other hand, not to sound like an ******* or anything but had McNair been loyal to his wife and not been cheating and screwing around with this other women who apparently was the one that ended up killing him police are saying now, then maybe McNair would still be alive today...

LarryNJ
07-06-2009, 04:07 PM
What motive would the girl friend have to kill him? Did he threaten to break up? It makes no sense. She used to drive a friggin Hyundai or some other piece of **** and he bought he an Escalade. She had a multi millionaire boy friend who even if he was married was giving her things she never had before. So life was good for her in her eyes.

Now on the other hand maybe his wife found out and figure the hell with him, spent $110 G's and had him professionally knocked off and it looks like a murder/ suicide. Now the she get's rid of her cheating husband, the bitch he was cheating with and she get's all his $$$$$ including life insurance. She'll get a 21 year old boyfriend who will be living in Steve's house, sleeping with his wife, drinking his beer and watching his big screen TV!

It will be interesting to see how this pans out.

Troyisabeast_43
07-06-2009, 04:55 PM
What motive would the girl friend have to kill him? Did he threaten to break up? It makes no sense. She used to drive a friggin Hyundai or some other piece of **** and he bought he an Escalade. She had a multi millionaire boy friend who even if he was married was giving her things she never had before. So life was good for her in her eyes.

Now on the other hand maybe his wife found out and figure the hell with him, spent $110 G's and had him professionally knocked off and it looks like a murder/ suicide. Now the she get's rid of her cheating husband, the bitch he was cheating with and she get's all his $$$$$ including life insurance. She'll get a 21 year old boyfriend who will be living in Steve's house, sleeping with his wife, drinking his beer and watching his big screen TV!

It will be interesting to see how this pans out.

Most likely he threatened to break up with her. It says in the report that she thought McNair was divorcing his wife and going to marry her. So maybe she asked McNair to leave his wife and marry her and he told her **** you and then she snapped and went boom!!! Maybe this girl was nuts or was one of those girls who was a clinger. It said she was an Arab girl and a lot of those girls have been known to have bad tempers and short fuses. The bottom line is it's a tragedy McNair's life had to end the way it did but still the guy had a beautiful wife and 4 boys and a ton of cash so why go blow it on some 21 year old girl who basically McNair was probably just using for sex and other stuff. Like I said had McNair stayed loyal to his wife and not screwed around with this girl he would still be alive today...

LarryNJ
07-06-2009, 11:01 PM
Most likely he threatened to break up with her. It says in the report that she thought McNair was divorcing his wife and going to marry her. So maybe she asked McNair to leave his wife and marry her and he told her **** you and then she snapped and went boom!!! Maybe this girl was nuts or was one of those girls who was a clinger. It said she was an Arab girl and a lot of those girls have been known to have bad tempers and short fuses. The bottom line is it's a tragedy McNair's life had to end the way it did but still the guy had a beautiful wife and 4 boys and a ton of cash so why go blow it on some 21 year old girl who basically McNair was probably just using for sex and other stuff. Like I said had McNair stayed loyal to his wife and not screwed around with this girl he would still be alive today...

Of course it's true he'd be alive if he didn't screw around. But it will be interesting to find out the real story. I didn't know that she was arab or Arab women had short tempers...but the Latin women generally do, I've seen that first hand! :lol:

Forged in Steel
07-06-2009, 11:09 PM
Don't forget Farrah. Who was Billy Mays?

Oh yeah, Farrah also.

Billy Mays was a pitchman who did T.V. ads. He did one for ESPN a few months ago.

GoBenGo
07-07-2009, 05:56 PM
lets all hope for the family to heal and prosper.....nothing else, NOTHING else, really matters...
This was read at my wife's grandmothers funeral today, it struck a cord in my heart, and allowed me to have some closure with my own mother's passing this Christmas passed,( i wish i had heard it then)

Do not stand at my grave and weep,
I am not there, I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glint on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you wake in the morning hush,
I am the swift, uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circling flight.
I am the soft starlight at night.
Do not stand at my grave and weep.
I am not there, I do not sleep.
Do not stand at my grave and cry.
I am not there, I did not die!

-Mary Frye (1932)

Steve McNair could have been a Steeler....

BlackGold4vr
07-08-2009, 04:31 PM
Gun powder residue tests have confirmed that his girlfriend was the shooter. Although, most people have already concluded this for themselves days ago after they confirmed she just recently bought the weapon. How tragic is this for his wife and kids? :evilshake:

Silverback 92
07-09-2009, 08:34 AM
dance with the devil something bad bound to happen poor bastard

86WARD
07-12-2009, 03:41 PM
sad...RIP steve...RIP.

Captcoolhand
07-20-2009, 12:30 PM
NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- Former NFL quarterback Steve McNair's mistress bought the gun she used to kill him from a convicted murderer whose fiancee was afraid to have it in the house, authorities said yesterday.

Adrian J. Gilliam Jr., 33, of La Vergne, Tenn., was charged with being a convicted felon in possession of a firearm. He admitted selling a 9 mm Bryco/Jennings to Sahel Kazemi for $100, according to court documents.

Kazemi, 20, shot McNair to death at his condo July 4 before killing herself. Authorities say she met Gilliam while she was trying to sell her car and told him she was looking to buy a gun.

A criminal complaint says Gilliam -- who was convicted in 1993 in Florida for murder and attempted armed robbery -- told police he sold the gun to Kazemi, whom he identified from a police photo.

Detectives traced the gun to its 2002 sale at a pawn shop. Gilliam eventually bought it from someone for $100 about a year or year and a half ago. Investigators said he told them he bought it for protection after his home was burglarized, and police reports show a burglary around that time.

Nashville Police Chief Ronal Serpas said at a news conference yesterday that Gilliam decided to sell the gun because his wife was afraid to have it in their house.

Federal public defender Hugh Mundy said Gilliam is not married but is engaged to a woman with whom he has a 2-year-old daughter.

Gilliam has been out of jail for seven years and has had no other trouble with the law in that time, Mundy said.

"No one denies this is a tragedy," he said. "Steve McNair was one of Nashville's heroes. A lot of lives have already been ruined. But Mr. Gilliam is a decent, hardworking family man and there's no reason to ruin his life too."

Police had said last week that Kazemi purchased "a fully loaded 9 mm pistol from a private individual" who met her in the parking lot of the mall where she worked at the Dave & Busters restaurant. That's also where she first met McNair. The sale took place two days before the shooting.

Authorities believe McNair was likely asleep when Kazemi put the pistol to his head and pulled the trigger. She put two more slugs into his chest and a fourth bullet into the other side of his head before shooting herself.

McNair, a married father of four, walked away from the NFL last year. "Air McNair" was known as a gutsy quarterback who played through serious injuries and led his Tennessee Titans to a Super Bowl.

U.S. Attorney Edward Yarbrough said Kazemi's age did not make the sale of the gun illegal. A licensed dealer is barred from selling a gun to someone younger than 21, but private sales to people older than 18 are legal, he said.

Convicted felons, however, cannot have guns. Jim Cavanaugh, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives special agent in charge in Nashville, held up a pistol similar to the one used to kill McNair and said, "A convicted felon cannot receive it, possess it, buy it, store it, hold it, shoot it, aim it, clean it, or do anything with it."

Gilliam faces up to 10 years in prison and a $250,000 fine. He was in court yesterday afternoon, but a hearing to set bond was delayed until Wednesday.Talk about hard headed......:banging:
I guess 1 bullet to the head wasn't enough