PDA

View Full Version : Holmes 'Bulking Up'

DanRooney
07-03-2009, 08:13 AM
"John Harris, of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, reports Pittsburgh Steelers WR Santonio Holmes said he has bulked up to 201 pounds this offseason. Holmes played in the 190-pound range last season and joined the league weighing considerably less.

Harris reports Holmes said he believes the weight he has added this offseason will help him get off jams from cornerbacks better and get separation. "I really need that strength in the upper body because I know I'm going to start getting more and more Cover-2 this season. I'm going to face a lot more bigger corners this year than I did in previous years, so I've got to get off those jams and separate myself from those guys," Holmes said."

Hopefully it's all muscle and doesn't cut into his speed.

SteelCityKid5
07-03-2009, 09:02 AM
I saw a video of this interview on the Trib's website. Holmes def. looks bigger but, he said he drops a good bit of weight at training camp. I say he'll be playing at 190-195ish

andyg1984
07-05-2009, 09:23 PM
i like how holmes publicly states that he has a goal of being a Hall of fame WR and how he has taken to Farrior's offseason training .. hopefully we see the holmes from the run last year , when he is on he is special .. does he break 1000 yrds this season??

Black@Gold Forever32
07-05-2009, 11:21 PM
As long as Ben is healthy then Santonio should have his first 1000+ yard season this year......Holmes has the talent and work ethic to be great that is for sure....I'm glad he wants to be a Hall of Fame type player and that type of attitude should help this team win future Lombardi's......Only question will Santonio retire a Steeler?.......I hope so but when his contract is up look for him to be paid......Hopefully its not to far out of the Steelers price range......

BlitzburghRockCity
07-06-2009, 08:40 AM
As long as he can still smoke the Bengals on that slant route then he can play at 300 lbs for all I care :lol:

steeler875
07-06-2009, 09:46 AM
"John Harris, of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, reports Pittsburgh Steelers WR Santonio Holmes said he has bulked up to 201 pounds this offseason. Holmes played in the 190-pound range last season and joined the league weighing considerably less.

Harris reports Holmes said he believes the weight he has added this offseason will help him get off jams from cornerbacks better and get separation. "I really need that strength in the upper body because I know I'm going to start getting more and more Cover-2 this season. I'm going to face a lot more bigger corners this year than I did in previous years, so I've got to get off those jams and separate myself from those guys," Holmes said."

Hopefully it's all muscle and doesn't cut into his speed.

Hopefully he want's to stay a steeler and is not in it for the money.That will help come contract time.I would hate to lose him he's going to be something special.IMO

DanRooney
07-06-2009, 11:35 AM
Hopefully he want's to stay a steeler and is not in it for the money.That will help come contract time.I would hate to lose him he's going to be something special.IMO

There's no way he doesn't get resigned. There is no one behind him in the depth chart and Hines is probably going to call it quits in a few years...

DIESELMAN
07-06-2009, 05:43 PM
Holmes also made this prediction for the upcoming season.....

Holmes has also been petitioning his coaches heavily for more targets and more involvement in the offense. "If you can give me six catches in a game, or at least eight opportunities, I'm going to give you 100 yards and a touchdown every game", claims Holmes. In other words, if quarterback Ben Roethlisberger throws him eight passes a game, Holmes is projecting a 1,600 yard/16-TD season.