View Full Version : Guerin & Adams Resigned

Prosdo
06-30-2009, 09:56 PM
Penguins re-sign Guerin, Adams
Each player takes pay cut to stay with Penguins
Tuesday, June 30, 2009
By Dave Molinari, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
Mark Humphrey/Associated Press

Penguins right winger Bill Guerin re-signed with the Penguins for a one-year deal worth $2 million.
The Penguins don't figure to be terribly active when the NHL's free-agency signing period begins tomorrow.

If general manager Ray Shero has many more days like yesterday, he won't have any reason to be.

Shero finalized a one-year, $2 million contract with right winger Bill Guerin last night, just hours after working out a two-year deal worth $550,000 per year with fourth-line forward Craig Adams.

Both players took a pay cut. Guerin, acquired from the New York Islanders for a third-round draft choice March 4, made $4.5 million last season while Adams, picked up on waivers from Chicago the same day, earned $600,000.

Both would have become unrestricted free agents if they hadn't been re-signed by tomorrow.

Click link to read rest....

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09181/980729-61.stm#ixzz0Jy7WrNJx&D

Glad to see these guys stick around. It really speaks volumes when 2 players take pay cuts to stay with a team.

Zachintosh66
06-30-2009, 10:41 PM
:clap:

BlacknGold Bleeder
06-30-2009, 10:44 PM
Great news !! Glad to see they got these character players to stay!!

Prosdo
07-01-2009, 12:15 AM
They are also supposedly working on a deal with Fedotenko as well.

Zachintosh66
07-01-2009, 10:23 AM
They are also supposedly working on a deal with Fedotenko as well.

he had the "hockey name of the year" in my book... just rolls off the tounge and fun to say

LarryNJ
07-01-2009, 03:27 PM
Good deal! Guerin is a great guy. Although I doubt he would have gotten anywhere near the money he made last year.
Fedotenko was huge in the playoffs and I hope he signs.

Troyisabeast_43
07-01-2009, 04:30 PM
Bringing back Guerin is a good thing especially for Crosby. You could really tell he took a lot of the pressure and weight off Sid's shoulder's when he was brought in here during the middle of the season. He is a good guy to keep around for leadership and plus he is still a pretty good player as well and can still play with Crosby and put the puck in the net if need be...