PDA

View Full Version : DB Roster spots...

Zachintosh66
06-23-2009, 02:47 PM
ok thinking about the DB's and the roster I can see 9-maybe 10 spots for players:

in no particular order:

1 - CB - Ike
2 - CB - Gay
3 - SS - Troy
4 - FS - Clark
5 - Townsend
6 - Ratliff
7 - Mundy (seems like hes been bread to make the squad this year)
8 - Burrnett (probable PR)
9 - Keenan Lewis
(10)

I think we'd like to see Townsend get some work at Saftey. And its a fact that Ratliff and Lewis have worked both CB and S. Do we keep the "experienced backup" in Carter? Or the Special Teams Guy in Madison? Or are they enamored with Lewis for him to get another shot?

So this leaves a few guys on the bubble such as:
Tyrone Carter, Anthony Madison, Roy Lewis and rookie Derrick Richardson...

SteelCityKid5
06-23-2009, 03:03 PM
Are you counting Keenan Lewis out already?? I think hes gonna make the team and have an impact on special teams

greg1964
06-23-2009, 04:38 PM
9 DB should make this team:
Starter: I. Taylor, W. Gay, R. Clark, and T. Polamalu
Backups CB:D. Townsend, K. Lewis, R. Lewis, J Burnett
Backups: S: R. Mundy and D Townsend:

On the Bubble: A, Madison, K. Ratiff, T. Carter, D Richardson
Madison: special team ace, but add nothing to the secondary.
Ratiff: will only make the team if the young pups can't produce
Carter: a healthy Mundy make him expendible
Richardson: a training camp body, unless some three or four people go down in training camp.

Sir Blitzelot
06-23-2009, 04:39 PM
I think Carter will make it, he has the most experience.

Zachintosh66
06-23-2009, 05:39 PM
your right i tottally missed Keenan... DAMN

HUNT4SEVEN
06-23-2009, 07:27 PM
9 DB should make this team:
Starter: I. Taylor, W. Gay, R. Clark, and T. Polamalu
Backups CB:D. Townsend, K. Lewis, R. Lewis, J Burnett
Backups: S: R. Mundy and D Townsend:

On the Bubble: A, Madison, K. Ratiff, T. Carter, D Richardson
Madison: special team ace, but add nothing to the secondary.
Ratiff: will only make the team if the young pups can't produce
Carter: a healthy Mundy make him expendible
Richardson: a training camp body, unless some three or four people go down in training camp.

I agree with what you say Greg, i think Mundy will beat out Carter this year, he would of beat Carter out last year had he not got injured againt the Eagles, I would like to see what Madison can do at the safety position, Now that Max's is signed i think Miller is up next:crossfingers: I can't wait untill training camp.:tt02:

andyg1984
06-23-2009, 08:31 PM
w/ the guys we picked up via FA/draft I am not sure what Madison brings to the table to justify a roster spot

JensK
06-24-2009, 02:34 PM
I think Keenan is going to be moved to Safety eventually.

K Train
06-24-2009, 08:00 PM
keenan will replace clark at FS soon

i dont want ratliff to make the team, id rather see roy lewis do it

SteelCityKid5
06-24-2009, 08:00 PM
No way... well I dont know but I dont think K.Lew will a safety, there was just an article in either the Post-Gazette or Trib on K.Lew and he reminded the coaches of a young Ike Taylor

K Train
06-24-2009, 08:06 PM
nah, hes got hands.

hes big like ike but ike is freakishly fast....lewis is slow, pretty smooth but slow. hes much better suited for FS, he would thrive there imo

BlitzburghRockCity
06-26-2009, 09:15 AM
Let's not forget that Anythony Madison is a demon on ST and if it comes to a virtual tie he may very well get the nod for that factor alone. Ratliff isn't guaranteed to make the team IMO, sure he's got a good shot at it but if guys like Madison & Lewis really step up and have a great camp then Tomlin might not be afraid to pull the trigger and keep them both.

Clark isn't losing his job to anybody anytime soon, when he was out last year it was evident how our secondary was losing a step without him in there. 10 DB's is not out of the realm of possibility given that we lost McFadden who was playing at a high level all last year when he finally won over the starting job.