PDA

View Full Version : Thrill of my life...

waddawurld
06-18-2009, 12:06 PM
Last weekend in Richmond, Va. James Farrior (who grew up in Matoaca, just south of here) held his second annual charity event for underpriveleged kids. You could pay to be a part of three separate events: Poker with the Steelers on Fri. night; Golf on Saturday; and Bowling on Sunday. My son and I paid to play golf on Saturday. The attending Steelers were: Farrior (of course), Hines Ward, Jerome Bettis, Casey Hampton, Ryan Clark, Charlie Batch, William Gay, Willie Parker and Ike Taylor. Well, it started out on Fri. night with a reception and while my son and I didn't participate in the poker tournament ($250 ea) we ended up sitting in a side room next to Casey Hampton- who was buying shots for us- watching the final period of the Stanley Cup Final. I'm still in shock! Farrior's mother let me put on his new Super Bowl ring (I've got a picture of me wearing it- its as big as my watch!) But Saturday was the best- my son and I along with two friends from the Steelers Club played golf in a fivesome with Willie Parker. He's never played before but who cares? We actually got him to a place where he could hit it halfway decent- he's the nicest guy you'd want to meet, and it could'nt have been more fun. I'll never forget it!!

JensK
06-18-2009, 12:30 PM
Sweet! Sounds like you guys had a great time! :) Throw us some pictures man!

lloydfan4life
06-18-2009, 01:08 PM
DUDE!!! I'm soooooo jealous!!!
That had to be freakin awesome! :yellowthumb:

Silverback 92
06-18-2009, 02:29 PM
Wow that sounds really cool

ejsteeler
06-18-2009, 02:50 PM
yes, sounds amazing...gotta throw some pix at us now.....:yesnod:

LarryNJ
06-18-2009, 05:05 PM
Doing shots with Casey Hampton while watching the Pens claim the cup is awesome!!! Especially since he picked up the tab!!! You lucky bastard!

waddawurld
06-18-2009, 05:09 PM
I'm trying to get some help importing the pix-they were emailed to me(I didn't take them)- so bear with me, I'll get them up soon.

Iron City South
06-18-2009, 06:38 PM
But Saturday was the best- my son and I along with two friends from the Steelers Club played golf in a fivesome with Willie Parker. He's never played before but who cares? We actually got him to a place where he could hit it halfway decent- he's the nicest guy you'd want to meet, and it could'nt have been more fun. I'll never forget it!!

I hope you made the most of your time with Parker by showing him how to run between the tackles ....

Did you tell him that Mewelde Moore is a better all around back? :lol:

HUNT4SEVEN
06-18-2009, 09:00 PM
I hope you made the most of your time with Parker by showing him how to run between the tackles ....

Did you tell him that Mewelde Moore is a better all around back? :lol:

RIGHT!!!:hehheh: You should of told Willie to work on his Vision:rant2: Anyways Thanks for sharing your story, man i can't wait to see the pic's

Sir Blitzelot
06-18-2009, 09:28 PM
Wow that sounds amazing, glad to hear you had a good time!

SteelCityKid5
06-19-2009, 12:34 AM
I think I can speak for the rest of the SteelerAddicts when I say, "Wow, I'm very jealous."

Stlrs4Life
06-19-2009, 07:18 AM
How cool, glad you had a great time.

BlitzburghNation
06-19-2009, 09:43 PM
Nice !!!!! :bigthumb:
Like everyone has already said,,,,Jealous :lol:

Need pics :popcorn:

Woodson_DownUnder
06-20-2009, 10:39 AM
Thanx waddawurld for sharing your surreal experience with us on SA.

Surely a fan's ring from Josten's is a distinct possibility for yourself??

I already ordered mine. http://shop.jostens.com/catalog.asp?CID=270801&PFID=2009060813304613079 :banana:

PsychoWard
06-20-2009, 10:50 AM
thats awesome sounds like a blast

steeler875
06-22-2009, 10:53 AM
Last weekend in Richmond, Va. James Farrior (who grew up in Matoaca, just south of here) held his second annual charity event for underpriveleged kids. You could pay to be a part of three separate events: Poker with the Steelers on Fri. night; Golf on Saturday; and Bowling on Sunday. My son and I paid to play golf on Saturday. The attending Steelers were: Farrior (of course), Hines Ward, Jerome Bettis, Casey Hampton, Ryan Clark, Charlie Batch, William Gay, Willie Parker and Ike Taylor. Well, it started out on Fri. night with a reception and while my son and I didn't participate in the poker tournament ($250 ea) we ended up sitting in a side room next to Casey Hampton- who was buying shots for us- watching the final period of the Stanley Cup Final. I'm still in shock! Farrior's mother let me put on his new Super Bowl ring (I've got a picture of me wearing it- its as big as my watch!) But Saturday was the best- my son and I along with two friends from the Steelers Club played golf in a fivesome with Willie Parker. He's never played before but who cares? We actually got him to a place where he could hit it halfway decent- he's the nicest guy you'd want to meet, and it could'nt have been more fun. I'll never forget it!!

man your so lucky,i would have passed right out if i was there.lol

vtwin_gary
06-22-2009, 07:30 PM
this thread is nearly useless without pictures.

waddawurld
06-23-2009, 11:25 AM
My email address is: mrwolfe1@comcast.net Until I figure out how to link the pix sent by email the only thing I can do is forward you the email that some of the pix are in. So send me your email address (to mine) and I'll do it that way.

BlitzburghRockCity
06-23-2009, 01:15 PM
If you want to forward me the email I can load the pics up for you :)

steeleraddicts@gmail.com