PDA

View Full Version : Zetterberg calls Crosby's actions disrespectful

BlacknGold Bleeder
06-15-2009, 11:26 PM
DETROIT (AP) Henrik Zetterberg says it was disrespectful for Penguins captain Sidney Crosby not to shake hands with all of Detroit's players after Pittsburgh won the Stanley Cup.

``I think that's one thing you should do,'' the Red Wings' Zetterberg said as the players cleaned out their lockers at Joe Louis Arena on Monday. ``I don't know why he didn't do it, it's disrespectful.''

The biggest snub after Friday night's game was to Detroit captain Nicklas Lidstrom, who waited while Crosby celebrated winning the Cup with his teammates. But he finally left the ice with a few other Detroit players.

``Sidney was probably caught up in the emotions and everything,'' Lidstrom said, adding that Crosby would learn from the situation.

BOO fu*kin HOO !!
Maybe since they realized he was caught up in the moment of winning the cup , they should have waited a little longer to start the handshake line instead of being in such a hurry to get to the locker room. This kind of BS I never expected from the wings..their fans booing Malkin cause he got the MVP was bad and tasteless, but now the players whining bout handshakes. If that's how they do it in Hockeytown,then I'm glad I'm from Stixburgh !! It was a great series as we watched the "Boys of Winter" transform into the Men of Stixburgh!!

Stlrs4Life
06-16-2009, 09:41 AM
The LOSERS are just that, LOSERS.

LOSERS do not dictate the terms of the handshake. It is THEIR responsibility to offer congratulations, NOT the other way around. WINNERs do not have ANYTHING to congratulate them for. If it means that they have to stick around around on the ice a few minutes more while the WINNERS celebrate, then that is just too bad. Crosby did make it to the line, a little late. Ledstrom and Draper left the ice early.

LarryNJ
06-16-2009, 10:29 AM
Draper and Zetterberg just made themslves look very very bad. If you watch game six last year you will see the Pens waiting for the Wings. Lidstrom is a big boy he doesn't need his teammates to speak for him. It was a non issue to Lidstrom so STFU Draper and Zetterberg.

Prosdo
06-16-2009, 12:00 PM
In no way do I think Crosby intentionally didn't shake Lidstrom's hand. There is a lot going on in those final moments and the losing team usually leaves the ice pretty fast.

lloydfan4life
06-16-2009, 01:52 PM
The LOSERS are just that, LOSERS.

LOSERS do not dictate the terms of the handshake. It is THEIR responsibility to offer congratulations, NOT the other way around. WINNERs do not have ANYTHING to congratulate them for. If it means that they have to stick around around on the ice a few minutes more while the WINNERS celebrate, then that is just too bad. Crosby did make it to the line, a little late. Ledstrom and Draper left the ice early.

:iagree: 100%

Good post Dom!

Get over it Wings. Quit acting like little freakin' crybabies.

LatrobePA
06-16-2009, 04:27 PM
Detroit is a **** hole, just like their team/ fans, they can float off to Canada or just burn for all I care!

Pens did it! HELL YEA!

LarryNJ
06-16-2009, 08:45 PM
:lol::lol::lol: Anything about Hossa is funny!

http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/633/hossapricelessx.jpg

Troyisabeast_43
06-16-2009, 09:32 PM
Loser wait, losers walk, losers defer to winners...on ANY field of battle...if Detroit wanted special treatment, they should have beaten the Pens...THEY made the Pens wait last year...their 4th cup in 10 years...(why even celebrate, they should be used to winning it)...but think that they(the losers) should have their asses kissed by the Pens(winners of their first cup in 18 years)...Detroit is the most classless team ever...really disappointing that they are purposely casting aspersions on the Pens' victory.

Zachintosh66
06-16-2009, 11:36 PM
Zett... sorry he was busy celebrating his stanley cup... get over it

TampaSteelGirl
06-17-2009, 09:56 AM
Shall I mail him a tissue for his quiver lips??? :grin1:

If the skate was on the other foot he would have done the same thing..i'm sorry but the sheer excitement from winning a Stanley cup finally after a disappointment means disrespect??? :whatever:

Lunchbucket
06-22-2009, 09:46 PM
Loser wait, losers walk, losers defer to winners...on ANY field of battle...if Detroit wanted special treatment, they should have beaten the Pens...THEY made the Pens wait last year...their 4th cup in 10 years...(why even celebrate, they should be used to winning it)...but think that they(the losers) should have their asses kissed by the Pens(winners of their first cup in 18 years)...Detroit is the most classless team ever...really disappointing that they are purposely casting aspersions on the Pens' victory.
Good call!!
Someone in Detroit needs their PAMPER CHANGED:reddevil::nahnah:

vtwin_gary
06-22-2009, 10:57 PM
boo freakin hoo
this is nothing like that moron from Cleavland.

Scorp
11-05-2010, 04:02 PM
Shall I mail him a tissue for his quiver lips??? :grin1:

If the skate was on the other foot he would have done the same thing..i'm sorry but the sheer excitement from winning a Stanley cup finally after a disappointment means disrespect??? :whatever:

The Pens whipped their sour candy asses and the dead wings don't like it. It left a sour taste in their mouth. :grin1:

jnes1216
11-07-2010, 12:59 AM
:lol::lol::lol: Anything about Hossa is funny!

http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/633/hossapricelessx.jpg

I know I'm like 2 yrs late, but that is hilarious. Got one with the hawks though bastard.