PDA

View Full Version : Dead Wing Fans

Stlrs4Life
06-12-2009, 11:52 PM
They were whining the entire game everytime a Red Wing player got hit. And booing at the end. Unlike the class our fans showed after they won last season at Mellon. Was almost thinking that we were playing in Philythydelphia.

http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/2575/cryingf.th.jpg (http://img194.imageshack.us/i/cryingf.jpg/)

Scorp
06-13-2009, 12:56 AM
Red Wings fans are just bitches and had no calls go their way, simple as that. Sorry detroit fans could not stand to see their broken red wings get their asses beat up by better players. F-CK DETROIT, F-CK THE RED WINGS....PITTSBURGH IS HOCKEY TOWN. How you like that? :cope: :cope: :cope: jealous, envious, bitches.

steelerfan11
06-13-2009, 09:39 AM
Anyone hear in the press coference after the game where a Detroit reporter asked Sid what he thought about when he was injured and the Wings fans were cheering? He said he thought it was rude and classless... Kinda sums it up imo for most wings fans.

steelers4life66
06-13-2009, 10:55 AM
T bet 80% of Pittsburgh has a hang over this morning. :icon_arrow::shots::all_coholic::beerfunnel::barf:

SteelCityKid5
06-13-2009, 12:25 PM
Oh god please dont say the word hangover:evilshake: ... Pittsburgh isnt hockeytown ... Pittsburgh is HOCKEYTAHN!!! Wooo go Pens

Steelerlyn
06-13-2009, 02:49 PM
Please keep in mind I do not go along with unsportsmanlike, classless behavior by anyone and I am not defending my co wingz fans at all BUT let me put it to you in this respective and be honest in your answer.

Say the Steelers are playing the Pathetic Pats or _____________insert team for the AFC Championship and a chance at the Superbowl.................would you quietly and respectfully stand or sit there and cheer on the other team or even just sit there with your mouth shut? No, you would not, I have been to a few AFC Championship games at Heinz and even as cold as it was for that game in 2004, Steeler fans did not run to their cars...........they stayed at heinz and booed the Pats. That is just being a fan,

The reason the Pens fans were so respectful last year (the majority who were) was because they really didn't think they could win.....so they didn't now they have a young team who has matured and is composed and very capable of winning. As a Wingz fan I have nothing to hang my head about last season made the 11th or 12th cup (depending where you read about it) the Wingz have won.......we were simply beaten by a better team, finally. The Pens won in 90-91 & 91-92 and last night So you have 3...............Hockeytown you are not at least at this point. You played a great game last night and if you continue playing in that manner you well may earn that title too. The Montreal Canadians have won 24 cups, you have a mountain to climb and may well do it.

Prosdo
06-13-2009, 03:38 PM
The only problem I had was when Sidney Crosby was cheered for when he got hurt. I have encountered some Red Wings fans in Pittsburgh and they were pretty classy. I don't have a problem with them booing us when we won. Its just disappointed fans. As far as Pens fans being respectful last year because we didn't think we could win that's entirely false for the Pens fans I know. It was because Detroit won, not because everyone didn't think they had a chance.

Steelerlyn
06-14-2009, 12:07 AM
The only problem I had was when Sidney Crosby was cheered for when he got hurt. I have encountered some Red Wings fans in Pittsburgh and they were pretty classy. I don't have a problem with them booing us when we won. Its just disappointed fans. As far as Pens fans being respectful last year because we didn't think we could win that's entirely false for the Pens fans I know. It was because Detroit won, not because everyone didn't think they had a chance.

It was not meant as a knock on the Pens. Pens fans must be a classier cut than Steeler fans because Steeler fans booed the Pats right off the field they had to be given the trophy in the locker room, I was there and saw that and was booing right along with the other Steeler fans....................Heinz field is OUR house. Wrong attitude? Probably but I sleep at night.

As for Hossa,
he has the Penguins nation laughing at him, and they should be. Hossa decided to flop teams after last years Finals and he offered up the excuse of the Red Wingz being the better chance to win the Cup and at the beginning of the offseason they probably were more likely to win it. But, when you slap your former teammates in the face like that you better be able to put some points on the board to fend them off from taking the Cup from you.

Congratulations to the Penguins. I'm a die hard Red Wings fan at heart but can still admit defeat and accept that we were beaten by the better team. The Wingz played incredible in the series but were beaten and that's the end of it.
That's about all I'm going to offer up for now, it still hurts and probably will still hurt until the Wingz can bring the Lord Stanley Cup pass me the brandy back to Hockeytown.

here are some great pictures:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/players/3638/photos;_ylt=AtsR2og4yICS8KQkCqQ3LFpivLYF?slug=6e30 e9b8e7f34cb8be07192c7605caea.stanley_cup_penguins_ red_wings_hockey_mimh186#photoViewer=urn%3Anewsml% 3Asports.yahoo%2Cap%3A20050301%3Anhl%2Cphoto%2C923 8d0f775a241ba8ecb9d768640928a.stanley_cup_penguins _red_wings_hockey_mimh191%3A1

TEEMONT
06-14-2009, 01:53 AM
Pens fans cheered b/c they knew they had no chance? What a delusional post.

I didnt expect anything other than classlessness from Detroit. Not that it bothers me. The city of champions is Pittsburgh, once again.

LarryNJ
06-14-2009, 03:54 AM
...............Hockeytown you are not at least at this point.

The TV ratings in the series and I'd guess through out the entire year were much higher in Pittsburgh than they were in Detroit. Although the Pens may never have as many Cups, the ratings show that they have more fans in their city. But if it makes the people of Detroit happy to call themselves hockeytown let them do it. We'll stick with City of Champions! :)

Stlrs4Life
06-14-2009, 08:51 PM
Pens fans did not stand and cheer just because we didn't have a chance to win. We most definatley could have won last year, but didn't. Andf the trophy was given to NE on the field not in there locker room.

Troyisabeast_43
06-17-2009, 06:55 PM
The fact that the Penguins beat the Red Wings 2 games in a row in games 6 and 7 when the Wings had 2 chances to win 1 game in order to win the Cup including a Game 7 at home and failed to get the job done. I didnt hear anybody using injuries as excuses on here when Datsyuk came back and played well in Game 5. All the Wings fans thought with Datsyuk back coming off a dominating 5-0 win in game 5 and 2 three day layoffs in between Games 6 and 7 there was no way the Wings would lose this series. Dont worry though had the Wings won their fans would have said "Oh see we still beat the Penguins even though guys were injured for a lot of the series" But now since the Wings lost you use the injuries as an excuse. You cant have it both ways. Was Hossa injured?? Was Zetterberg or Franzen injured?? Where were both of them in Games 6 and 7?? Where was Datsyuk in Games 6 and 7 I thought the 3 day rests between games was suppose to help him and the Wings get healthy and win??

The Wings fans and players acted like the Penguins didnt play any playoff games or series before they played the Wings and the Wings were the only team that played games in the playoffs. Gonchar wasnt 100 percent either the entire series seeing that he was still hurt from the hit Ovechkin put on him. The bottom line is and Ill say it again like I said at the start of this post the Wings had 2 chances to win 1 game to win the Cup injuries or no injuries and failed to get the job done. If the Red Wings "depth" was so great like everybody was saying at the start of this series they would have found a way to overcome everything and beat the Penguins and they didnt. The Penguins wanted it more,they were more hungrier, and they took it right from the Wings in their own building in Game 7 with the Cup on the line.

Hburg
06-17-2009, 07:50 PM
The Red Wings fans booed, so what. Joe Louis Arena just sells too much Haterade.

BuFu

Stlrs4Life
06-19-2009, 06:30 AM
The fact that the Penguins beat the Red Wings 2 games in a row in games 6 and 7 when the Wings had 2 chances to win 1 game in order to win the Cup including a Game 7 at home and failed to get the job done. I didnt hear anybody using injuries as excuses on here when Datsyuk came back and played well in Game 5. All the Wings fans thought with Datsyuk back coming off a dominating 5-0 win in game 5 and 2 three day layoffs in between Games 6 and 7 there was no way the Wings would lose this series. Dont worry though had the Wings won their fans would have said "Oh see we still beat the Penguins even though guys were injured for a lot of the series" But now since the Wings lost you use the injuries as an excuse. You cant have it both ways. Was Hossa injured?? Was Zetterberg or Franzen injured?? Where were both of them in Games 6 and 7?? Where was Datsyuk in Games 6 and 7 I thought the 3 day rests between games was suppose to help him and the Wings get healthy and win??

The Wings fans and players acted like the Penguins didnt play any playoff games or series before they played the Wings and the Wings were the only team that played games in the playoffs. Gonchar wasnt 100 percent either the entire series seeing that he was still hurt from the hit Ovechkin put on him. The bottom line is and Ill say it again like I said at the start of this post the Wings had 2 chances to win 1 game to win the Cup injuries or no injuries and failed to get the job done. If the Red Wings "depth" was so great like everybody was saying at the start of this series they would have found a way to overcome everything and beat the Penguins and they didnt. The Penguins wanted it more,they were more hungrier, and they took it right from the Wings in their own building in Game 7 with the Cup on the line.

Well said!