PDA

View Full Version : Steeler News - OTA's Day #11

Iron City South
06-05-2009, 05:38 PM
Wallace is expected to be THE KR man, others who took reps were Shuan McDonald, Mewelde Moore, Joe Burnett---------------Brandon Williams did not get reps but is expected to get his shot

Logan was compared to Darren Sproles, save for his long distance speed.....Parker beat him by a good five yards in a foot race

McDonald and Williams battle is interesting

Jayson Foster, the guy we picked up from the Dolphins last season looks good

Foster and Logan would look like BEASTS in a Wildcat or different formation-----get Dixon, Foster, Logan, and others together and that is one hell of a trick formation

Townsend showed once again what the Steelers' vets are all about with heling out the rooks

Lewis and Burnett have GREAT HANDS

Nance runs great routes

Sepulveda better watch out------Dirk Johnson is punting bombs, did an 80 yard punt

Sweed catches tough ones, but dropped an easy bomb

Rookie TE Johnson is fluid as a receiver

One OL group looked like this: LT Capizzi, LG Foster, C Legursky, RG Shipley, RT Hills with Dixon as QB

Bruce Davis is struggling, having a hard camp

those putting is some extra time today included Parker, Gay, Townsend, Taylor, Moore, and Williams

and Keenan Lewis is looking very impressive in coverage

according to Jim Wexell :popcorn:

HUNT4SEVEN
06-05-2009, 07:48 PM
Thanks ICS for the updates, sounds like everything is going along as planned, i wonder whats wrong with Bruce davis:thinking:? Dirk Johnson punted an 80 yarder:eek1: Our Kick return an Punt return game will be much better this year:banana: Sweeds problem is he needs to be focused all time not just when the catches are hard:yesnod: Wouldn't it be great if Hills beat out Colon for right tackle this year:crossfingers: Man i can't wait for training camp:tt02:

yinzer
06-05-2009, 09:23 PM
sweed.................................:evilshake:

Steel Trap86
06-05-2009, 11:10 PM
man im really pulling for sweed, but he needs to step the **** up. i still cant get over that drop in the AFC title game. even though he came back with a huge hit on ivy and broke up an interception in the endzone, he needs to catch those bombs. i guess now he is battling for the #3 spot?

slashsteel
06-06-2009, 12:11 PM
Lets not get too down on Limas. Many rookie WR's take three years to get in a comfort zone.

He is going to drop some as well as make some big catches this year.

But don't think you are going to see a finished product out of the gates.

It will take time.

I think he will get some playing time when Hines and Santonio need breathers. But as far as the slot. He will have to beat out McDonald and Wallace.

Black@Gold Forever32
06-06-2009, 12:18 PM
Wow its June so its time to panic....lol Sweed is making the tough catches but is struggling with the easy ones.....He is just having come concentration issues....Give the kid some damn time...lol

Steel Trap86
06-06-2009, 10:11 PM
nobodys panicking man lol i like sweed, i just want him to develop faster.

Silverback 92
06-07-2009, 08:59 AM
sweed was looking for a big screen to watch his easy catch bomb on. let me guess he came up hurt after dropping it

SteelCityKid5
06-07-2009, 11:01 AM
not to worried about sweed. it's good to hear about lewis and wallace, i like these two rookies a lot

DanRooney
06-07-2009, 01:21 PM
I'm more disappointed about Bruce Davis still struggling.

SteelCityKid5
06-07-2009, 03:03 PM
Nice report but I'm still waiting till training camp to hear fair assessments on the newcomers. It's tough to say how they look when they arent in pads, it's just helmets and shorts now.

SteelerAllDay
06-08-2009, 11:25 AM
Although they are praticing wo pads right now, its always great to get an update. At this point, it is safe to say that Bruce Davis is a major project. He is learning an entirely new positon. He has the speed and size. Just needs to make the adjustment. Good thing is we have some time now with Timmons starting and Fox as Farrior backup.

BlitzburghRockCity
06-08-2009, 01:29 PM
With McFadden gone now it's good to see Gay out there putting in the extra effort, he'll be counted on for a lot more this year then he was in previous seasons.