PDA

View Full Version : Ziggy impresses at minicamp

Stlrs4Life
06-03-2009, 10:24 AM
Steelers | Hood impressing in practice

Tue, 02 Jun 2009 09:28:57 -0700

Jim Wexell, of The Tribune-Democrat, reports Pittsburgh Steelers DL Evander Hood has impressed during offseason practices, showing good athleticism and technique in pursuit of plays. "He's looking good," said DT Casey Hampton. "From what I've seen he does a special job using his hands. Most guys who come in from college are used to being quicker than everybody, and used to running through gaps or ripping through guys. I don't know if it's been (line coach John Mitchell) Mitch getting on him, or if he's been coached like that, but he can use his hands and keep guys off of him."

cmerrifield
06-03-2009, 10:32 AM
Glad to hear it, I know its early and they are not playing full contact football, but I hope he works out for us. Although, I was more happy when we picked Ziggy than some of the people on here, so it will take less to make me happy.

Silverback 92
06-03-2009, 11:04 AM
Good to hear..always like when we have a first round that pans out

Sir Blitzelot
06-03-2009, 11:48 AM
That is good news. I hope Ziggy has a nice career in the NFL, I was a big fan of his in college.

BlitzburghRockCity
06-03-2009, 02:17 PM
It's early on and he's got a ton to learn but it's good to see him starting off on the right foot and catching on.

BlackGold4vr
06-03-2009, 03:05 PM
It speaks to the quality of our team that almost every rookie class is redshirted and doesn't emerge as contributors until their second or third seasons! The Steelers have that luxury to season these guys before expecting things from them. Look at some of the comments that are made when free agents come to Pittsburgh. Look at the comments of former players like Joey Porter or Antwaan Randle El after they leave for other teams. There are intangibles associated with playing in Pittsburgh that money just can't buy!

R/S
A Grateful Fan

K Train
06-03-2009, 03:24 PM
ill believe it when i see it

andyg1984
06-03-2009, 08:46 PM
I would love to be excited, but we are dealing w/ a position change here , so I think we will need to wait it out a year or two before making any conclusions .. LOL .. gotta at least feel good about his work ethic/attitude, but what I do like is the non-stop motor this guy has