PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else worried about Sepulveda?

DanRooney
05-26-2009, 01:18 AM
Laura Keeley, of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, reports Pittsburgh Steelers P Daniel Sepulveda (knee) has not punted since undergoing reconstructive surgery last year but is expected to be ready to play this season

:thinking:

Dako
05-26-2009, 01:44 AM
apparently not.

SteelerSal
05-26-2009, 08:22 AM
I'm not.
He does not need to be punting right now anyways. I think he will be well healed and ready when it get's closer to preseason.

Zachintosh66
05-26-2009, 08:48 AM
nah... its his plant leg he'll be fine

Sir Blitzelot
05-26-2009, 10:03 AM
He'll be ready for the start of the season. He still has plenty of time until the season begins.

K Train
05-26-2009, 11:12 AM
no cause hes got alot of damn heart lol

TampaSteelGirl
05-26-2009, 11:45 AM
Not worried at all..he'll be fine!

blackngold29
05-26-2009, 02:41 PM
It seems everything is going as planned. Not too worried.

HUNT4SEVEN
05-26-2009, 03:10 PM
D-sep will be ready an our special teams will dominate this year:tt02:, our return an punt return game will be nice, an with D-sep booming kicks we should have better coverage than we did last year IMO:clap:

Silverback 92
05-26-2009, 04:17 PM
He will be okay when it matters again

TEEMONT
05-26-2009, 04:54 PM
he's the ****in punter....

steelerfan11
05-26-2009, 04:58 PM
D-sep will be ready an our special teams will dominate this year:tt02:, our return an punt return game will be nice, an with D-sep booming kicks we should have better coverage than we did last year IMO:clap:

NO more 20 yard punts or less...lol

Iron City South
05-26-2009, 05:25 PM
Steelers need to get a new leg on the roster and fast. Sepulveda's leg is on borrowed time. I think the front office will be watching how this unfolds closely.

cmerrifield
05-26-2009, 06:19 PM
Sepulveda will be fine, there is no reason for him to be putting extra pressure on his plant leg earier than necassary. It would be stupid to have him start punting before he needs too. This leg has been injured before, same injury, and I think making sure it is 100% before playing again will help make sure it doesnt happen again.

Stlrs4Life
05-26-2009, 06:31 PM
Not worried yet. I think he'll be OK.

K Train
05-26-2009, 08:59 PM
he's the ****in punter....

**** you hes my ****ing punter

igor0190
05-27-2009, 12:12 AM
Why the heck don't punters and pocket passing QB's wear knee braces on their plant legs?

BlitzburghRockCity
05-27-2009, 02:21 PM
No reason for him to be worrying about it at this point. Now if we get to training camp and he still cannot punt then there is something wrong. Either way they'll bring in another punter to camp this year if for no other reason than to help Sep ease back into game situations and not rush back to regular duty.

At this point being that it's almost June, I'd expect him to probably start doing workouts and kicking again sometime mid next month.

ejsteeler
05-27-2009, 04:25 PM
Not worried at all. :nono:
Also remember, those shiaty punts we had last year resulted in quite a few turn overs in good territory! All in all, I'll take a more consistant punter though. :yesnod:

LatrobePA
05-27-2009, 05:11 PM
One word: Berger! SB champs!

andyg1984
05-27-2009, 08:35 PM
if it is his plant leg there is likely not too much to worry about, a little disappointing when you draft a punter so early and he gets injured off the field - irregardless of the duration/severity

steelerfan11
05-29-2009, 11:13 AM
http://insidepittsburghsports.com/story/steelers-notebook-from-thursdays-ota/11687/

it is his plant leg.

Rodger Goodell
06-01-2009, 08:33 PM
hes going to be fine.....

all he does is punt a football....this injury will not hold him back...he is still a beast...ppl on these boards are so funny.... he can honestly rest the whole summer....show up a week b4 the first regular season game to warm up...and he'lll be fine...

ppl on here think holmes is a probowler...now they are worrying about the punter wen its june 1st lmao...

he'll be alright...

DanRooney
06-01-2009, 09:22 PM
hes going to be fine.....

all he does is punt a football....this injury will not hold him back...he is still a beast...ppl on these boards are so funny.... he can honestly rest the whole summer....show up a week b4 the first regular season game to warm up...and he'lll be fine...

ppl on here think holmes is a probowler...now they are worrying about the punter wen its june 1st lmao...

he'll be alright...

All he does is punt the football, but I bet you were livid when Berger shanked one out of three punts :yellowthumb:

Rodger Goodell
06-01-2009, 09:49 PM
All he does is punt the football, but I bet you were livid when Berger shanked one out of three punts :yellowthumb:

just saying if u can punt...u can punt.....him not being there practicing in june is not a big deall...

BlitzburghRockCity
06-02-2009, 01:22 PM
If there's one position that doesn't need a lot of reps in the offseason, it's the punter or a kicker so he'll be fine. You don't forget how to punt and Im sure they'll are taking their good ole time making sure he's completely ready to go so there's no setbacks in Sept.

SteelersWoman
06-02-2009, 04:35 PM
The job might not be all that glorified, but it's an important one--as we all have been witness to.

dawgs
06-02-2009, 04:37 PM
well he was out fishing with joe thomas in ohio. Sooooo yaaa.

CNY_STEELER_FAN
06-02-2009, 07:41 PM
I'm a bit concerned he won't be as accurate as he was his rookie season due to not kicking for over a year, since he wasn't always a kicker...but to be honest, I still expect he'll be a notable improvement over last year.

Plus...we've already proved we can win with a kicker that is almost 40 years old and two pulled hamstrings! ;)

Sec521
06-02-2009, 08:02 PM
Actually, I'm more concerned with who will be snapping the ball back to Dan, than I am worried about Dan. He will be fine. Have a great day!:tt02:

roosterray
06-03-2009, 01:32 AM
Not worried, Sepulveda injured, is better the Berger. How many 10 yd punts did he have?

JensK
06-05-2009, 10:14 AM
Steelers Notebook: After another surgery, Sepulveda is punting
Friday, June 05, 2009
By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Daniel Sepulveda is back punting, six weeks after he had another surgery on his right knee.

The surgery, previously undisclosed, was to repair a torn meniscus in Sepulveda's plant leg.

It is the same knee that underwent surgery in August to repair a torn ACL and put Sepulveda on injured reserve all season.

The bottom line, Sepulveda said, is that his right knee "feels better than it has in four years or so."

Sepulveda said his anterior cruciate ligament sufficiently healed by Super Bowl XLIII and he had planned to punt during the spring until an MRI discovered the torn meniscus after he mentioned to trainer John Norwig that his knee bothered him.

Norwig ordered an MRI that showed the tear, which was then repaired by arthroscopic surgery.

"Just a little setback," Sepulveda called it, "but we're working our way back from it, and it's good to be back on my feet again."

Sepulveda punted yesterday under supervision of special-teams coach Bob Ligashesky. Sepulveda said he began punting last week and has experienced some frustration at times.

"It's just about getting back in a rhythm. It's been so long since I kicked consistently that stuff is going to happen. You don't kick a perfect ball every time and, when you don't, you get frustrated and ask yourself why. It's just a matter of getting back to the point where you feel good and you get in a rhythm."

He had his first ACL surgery before his senior season at Baylor. The left-footed Sepulveda is thankful all three surgeries were to his right knee and not his left.

"No doubt about it. I mean, all I need is a peg leg over there; just stick that thing in the ground and everything else does the rest of the work."

Black@Gold Forever32
06-05-2009, 10:33 AM
I wasn't worried about D-Sep since its only June and he will be fine by training camp.....