PDA

View Full Version : Troy Polumalu and The Madden Curse

bigben119
05-19-2009, 04:14 PM
Can i get a drum roll please? This is where the madden curse ends. For those of you that are not familiar with the curse let me explain. Every year ever since madden was released someone either has been injured or had a terrible season. I dont think polumalu will have either of those but fitzgerald on the other hand might just get injured from a hard hitting safety. Here's the timeline of what the madden curse has done so far to each player that is on it. When you take a look at this you will be shocked on how real this "curse" seems.

2009 - Brett Favre

After a hot start for the former Packer, Favre injured his throwing arm. The season collapsed as Favre threw 6 less TD's and 7 more int's then in 2007. Subsequently, the Jets finished 9-7 after starting 8-3 and missed the playoffs.

2008 - Vince Young

Vince Young showed very little improvement in his sophomore season. He finished with 9 touchdowns and 17 interceptions, and also suffered from injuries that slowed his development. Young hasn't been able to restore his promising potential from his rookie season in 2006.

2007 - Shaun Alexander

A broken foot resulted in Shaun Alexander missing 6 regular season games. He finished the season with 896 yards and a 3.6 yard per carry average, well below his career averages. His 896 yards and 7 touchdowns were the lowest since his rookie season.

2006 - Donovan Mcnabb

Mcnabb suffered a hernia and was lost for the season after week 9. He threw for more interceptions and his yards per attempt and completion percentage were down from 2004. The Eagles missed the playoffs for the first time since 1999, finishing 6-10 (last place).

2005 - Ray Lewis

Unlike his colleagues, Ray Lewis seemed to avoid the curse from an injury perspective. His numbers were slightly down from the year before, and did not record an interception for the first time in his career.

2004 - Michael Vick

Vick suffered and broken leg and missed the first 11 games of the season. Vick's QB rating, comp pct, and yards per attempt were all down from the previous season.

2003 - Marshall Faulk

Faulk had his worst season since 1996. He rushed for 430 less yards and had 4 less TDs compared to 2001, despite playing the same amount of games.

2002 - Daunte Culpepper

Minnesota had their worst record since 1984. Culpepper missed 4 games with injury, threw for 1300 less yards and 19 less TD's then in 2000.

We'll have to see if the curse will claim two more victims in the 2009 season.

K Train
05-19-2009, 05:17 PM
yawn.

brett favre was the reason the jets were anything at all last year so there goes that one

curses are about as sorry of an excuse as it gets, we won the superbow twice and endured the all mighty SI curse multiple times.

plus it has 2 players on the cover, wouldnt that **** up any possible scraps of logic you could come up with?

if troy plays bad its just him reverting back to his 06-07 form of mediocrity

Silverback 92
05-19-2009, 05:22 PM
big fat madden mojo

yinzer
05-20-2009, 09:21 AM
yawn.

brett favre was the reason the jets were anything at all last year so there goes that one

curses are about as sorry of an excuse as it gets, we won the superbow twice and endured the all mighty SI curse multiple times.

plus it has 2 players on the cover, wouldnt that **** up any possible scraps of logic you could come up with?

if troy plays bad its just him reverting back to his 06-07 form of mediocrity

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

dawgs
05-20-2009, 11:34 AM
yawn.

yes, and he also blew there chance to do anything. man he was bad.

--- Added 5/20/2009 at 10:34 AM ---

SI corse? lebron has been on it 9 times now, and nothin. I never knew about that one.

K Train
05-20-2009, 11:45 AM
yes, and he also blew there chance to do anything. man he was bad.

--- Added 5/20/2009 at 10:34 AM ---

SI corse? lebron has been on it 9 times now, and nothin. I never knew about that one.

and nothing? as in no championships? lol

even though i fully expect him to win one this year.

and brett favre was really not that bad, but it should have been expected that he wasnt gonna be the brett favre of the late 90s when hes an old **** so again....not a surprise he didnt hve a great season. if you wanna believe in curses and ghosts....go ahead